1997 Ford Thunderbird

8.1

Based on 313 Ratings for the 1992 - 1997 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

I have never had a vehicle as good as this one

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "I drive 2014 cars but like this one best"

Cons: "no cup holders they are in the console"

I drive this car 42 miles everyday I count on it not to break down so far it has not.It looks great outside and inside.

"I bought this car with 187,000 miles on it a one owner car the owner pulled perfect maintenance on it the 44000 miles I have put on it the only thing I have done beside maint. is tires, shocks, struts and head gaskets.it still has the original water pump, original fuel pump, nothing has been done to the A/C Heat ,everything works like it should. I get 22-23 MPG in town and have gotten 33 MPG on hi- way using hi-test gas."

first American with rear independent suspension

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "powerful, great body, reliable, fun to drive"

Cons: "leaky intake manifold"

"Starting off with the 96 ford thunderbird small block 289 ci 4.6L. durable, smooth, powerful,and quite, it moves the 4000+ lbs long coupe with ease. 16 city 25 highway very torqueie. With its rear independent suspension (a first for ford motor company) makes turning corners at 50 mph a breeze without losing control. With the traction assist turned off makes this big coupe drift like an import and it will embarrass its cousin the ford Mustang. Get alot of compliments for its stright body and clean stock paint job from 19 years ago for a american classic a/c and heater still works there is it flaw such as the plastic intake manifold leakage. It is on record that these vehicles were recalled because of this problem. However, the aftermarket manifold is reinforced with aluminum. The thunderbird earns its respect. This car is so fun to drive because people dont know what to expect"

Highly recommend!

By on Saturday, December 14, 2013

Pros: "Strong, reliable."

Cons: "No cup holder!"

First time backing her in.

"Penelope is a beauty. My grandfather had helped me choose this car and she has never let me down. Despite some rough starts one in a great while, she runs tough and strong. I had gotten in a car accident with her recently, and only suffered cosmetic damage. She took it like a champ.Very strong frame and engine. As well as a overall great ride. My only complaint is that she lacks a cup holder..."

First time backing her in.

good, solid ride

By on Friday, November 29, 2013

Pros: "great price"

"i've had this almost 10 years, which is a long timw with same car, but i'm a very low mileage driver. in fact, that has been the only issue: some component i've never even heard of needed to be changed a couple years ago when she began acting up. when ford fixed it they said to drive more! it handles well, accelerates onto hiway w/o a problem, and remains in pretty good cosmetic shape for an old car. i have really been happy with this car."

This car drives really smooth for a 1994 model.

By on Friday, October 18, 2013

"I owned this car for 10 years and I have to say it was the most dependable and reliable car I've owned so far. No problems ever. I had high miles on it when I sold it and it was still driving really smooth,"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Thunderbird near Honolulu. See local deals