2014 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $25,430 - $26,218.

10/7.3

Based on 234 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Great car. Fun to drive for it's size.

By on Monday, April 20, 2015

Pros: "Looks good, great value, good mpg, roomy, quiet"

Cons: "Yours won't be the only one in any parking lot"

"This is the first sedan I've owned (always been a SUV or pick-up guy). We've had this car for about 4 years now. We had a Navigator before and got tired of 10-12 mpg around town. Every time we took the big Lincoln in for service/repairs (which was all too often), the dealership would give us a Taurus as a loaner. My wife and I both preferred driving the Taurus to the Navigator, so we traded for a 2011 SEL. The car has never had any mechanical issues. Only in the shop for scheduled maintenance and one recall of interior door handles. The almost 300hp V6 moves this big sedan surprisingly well. It handles like a much smaller car. We get 20mpg driving around town, and average around 28mpg on road trips. The trunk is HUGE. The interior is spacious and comfortable. The backseat is big enough for my two teenage sons and our 65 pound dog. I don't see how you can beat it for the price."

Great value for a near luxury car

By on Sunday, April 12, 2015

Pros: "great value - smooth, relatively fast"

Cons: "Seats should have a power back and lumbar"

"I currently own a GL450 and a King Ranch F150. Recently I have owned an Acura Legend, TL & RL and 3 Lincoln Navigators, and Corvette. All great rides! The Ford Taurus SEL FWD compares very favorably with some of my rides. My Taurus has leather, moon roof, red metallic paint, navigation, rear view camera and back up sensors. This is a practical car but also one that drives well for a big sedan. It is a big value when you consider the features and ride quality. This is no GL450 but it doesn't cost $70K plus either. The Taurus shifts effortlessly, the interior materials are mostly soft and attractive and the trunk is incredibly large. The paint upgrade is worth the nearly $400 up charge. Puts my Vette's paint job to shame - great luster and depth. The back seat is a bit tight but the front row seating is roomy and the center console gives you an 'in a cockpit' feel. While the music system is OK and no where near a GL450's - the Ford Sync is very easy to operate and the voice activation aspects incredible."

Large Car - Great Performance

By on Sunday, April 12, 2015

Pros: "Power train"

Cons: "Roof weather strips"

"Large car, great performance. Bought it brand new and got a great deal. Best bang for my buck. I agree with the other reviewers that the vehicle does have side and rear blind spot issues because the car seems super safe like a tank. However, the dual mirrors correct the issue. Living in Miami, you just cant trust other motorists . It rides really nice in the city and the highway. No mechanical issues to report at 15K miles, however the roofline strips came unglued in the rear portion. Decent gas mileage for its size."

I Love Driving thus car.

By on Sunday, March 29, 2015

Pros: "every thing"

Cons: "108000 miles"

Clean

"This is a vary nice car. any one would be proud to own. Beautiful car."

Clean

The latest generation Taurus SHO is a BEAST!

By on Friday, March 27, 2015

Pros: "Styling, power, incredibly FUN to drive."

Cons: "Can only imagine what a TT V-8 would do."

"With a 3.5L twin turbo powered V-6 @ 365 HP this car is a wolf in sheep's clothing for sure. Ford has really increased the quality with this vehicle and not only the power but the comfort and all the options are outstanding. If you are looking for a superior car that had a sticker price of $45K you can most likely buy one now for right at $30K (we gave $27,900 for our one owner, Ford Certified Pre-owned), and with a 100K mile warranty on the drive train. A ton of bang for your buck if you want to "buy American.""