2014 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $25,301 - $26,036.

10/7.3

Based on 179 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Really love this car

By on Friday, April 05, 2013

Pros: "Love the heated/cooled seats and back up sensors"

Cons: "Console is too small"

"I would have never purchased a Ford Taurus before the style changed. I really love the looks of it. It rides really well although it does have some road noise. Have been very pleased with the gas mileage averaging about 24mpg. Currently thinking about purchasing a 2013 however am disappointed the Gold color is no longer available. Mine is currently Platinum White which I like but would like a different color. Will probably stick with white or possibly black."

Most comfortable ride ever! Even on a long trip!

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

I want this car

Pros: "Comfort, handling, great on long trips!"

Cons: "gas gauge didn't properly show when tank was full"

"In July 2013, I rented a 2013 Taurus to drive myself and Dad - who is in his 80's - from Dallas area to Colorado, up in the mountains. A 14-hour trip each way. The model we rented had leather seats with the heat/air option. We noticed how comfortable the ride was on the way up, and my Dad especially appreciated the heated seats, which helped prevent old bones from getting too stiff. Although we split the drive into two days going up, we decided to just drive until we were tired coming back. With just a few rest stops, we were both surprised when we realized we had no fatigue from sitting that long, and that we were going to make it all the way home in one day! We decided it had to be due to the comfortable seats and smooth ride. A car that lets an 83 year old ride that long and still feel good at the end of the trip! Now that has got to be the most comfortable ride ever!"

Third Ford in two Years

By on Saturday, December 15, 2012

Pros: "Safety/Torque Vectoring/MFT UPDATE"

Cons: "Rear corner/shldr visibility..pay extra attention."

"Great vehicle. Went in for Wiper blades and came out with a 2013 Taurus. Originally went in to look at 13 Fusion and after wokring numbers with USAA discount and available incentives the Taurus was approximately $1500 CHEAPER for comparably equipped Fusion/Taurus. I had previous experience with 13 Taurus rentals over the summer and was very impressed. Great performance, power, fuel economy, and safety features. Definitely recommend the SEL with 202A package which includes back up camera. If you cant afford then the 201A package which has reverse sensors to help range backing up. High trunk line takes some getting used to but in time it will come. Safety features like steering wheel controls and voice activated Navigation are helpful and although not 100% show a great stride forward in promoting Driver safety. Remember the technology is only as good as the operator so pay attention to the manuals and use the technology for good. Minor Drawback would be that the My Ford Touch does not allow aftermarket Back up Camera (Even the Ford one) to be installed through MFT screen as a plug and play...requires the aftermarket camera to be installed through the Rear view Mirror costing more money. I have the reverse sensing system so I will deal with it for now."

The Finest car ever built

By on Friday, October 26, 2012

Pros: "Good price,pleasure to drive, no bailout $"

Cons: "no cons"

"My Tarus is the very best car I've owned in 40 years of driving. Powerful, conveient controls, comfortable under any circumstances,and relaiability has been outstanding. I'll never have any car but a Ford Tarus."

A REAL man's car

By on Saturday, December 31, 2011

Pros: "Looks, Comfort, and Technology"

Cons: "High rear end and blind spots"

"I wanted one the first time I saw it advertised. I finally traded in my '08 Fusion for my 2011 Taurus SEL and couldn't be happier. Couldn't afford the SHO model that I really wanted, but the standard V6 has plenty of power. This is a BIG car, make no mistake about it. I forget how big it really is until I go to park. It doesn't feel as big as it is while driving and the steering and handling is SUPERB. I would HIGHLY recommend getting the reverse sensors because the rear end is huge and high. It is very hard to gauge your distance when backing up. The comfort of the heated leather seats are as good or better than that of higher end luxury cars and make road trips better than ever. I can't imagine going back to a car without all the comfort and technology that this car offers. The SYNC system is awesome, and while there is definitely a learning curve, once mastered works flawlessly. I have had this car for almost a year and have received many compliments on the look of the outside and inside of the car. I have never been asked so many times by strangers if they could see what the inside looks like after seeing me park or getting into a vehicle. I can tell you after owning my '08 Fusion and now this 2011 Taurus SEL that the V6 transmissions go through a break-in period and learn to shift to your driving habits. It's very smooth afterwards. Great job to Ford. You have a customer for life."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25