2014 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $33,946 - $34,973.

10/7.3

Based on 197 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

SNUFFY SMITH

By on Friday, June 25, 2010

"I JUST PURCHASED MY FIRST FORD SINCE 1947 AFTER BEING A CHRYSLER AND MERCURY BUYER. I AM REALY SURPRISED AND HAPPY WITH MY TAURUS.THE RIDE IS ALMOST AS GOOD AS MY 2005 GRAND MARQUIS AND THE HANDLING IS MUCH BETTER.THE AMOUNT OF ROOM AND TRUNK SPACE IS AMAZING.I LOVE THE MICROSOFT "SYNC" OPTION WICH FEATURES VOICE COMMANDS. IT'S A LOT OF CAR FOR THE MONEY.I GIVE IT A 4 FOR COMFORT DUE LITTLE DRIVER LEG ROOM"

Best to avoid this car at this time

By on Saturday, June 19, 2010

"I bought my Taurus SHO in November 2009. It is now June 2010. It is a gorgeous car full of technology and goodies. People comment on the look and features but... Right from the start I had problems with the multi-contour seat, I would turn on the lumbar massage and could not get it to shut off unless I stopped the car and shut the engine down. I took it to the dealer I bought the car from. The technician agreed there was something wrong, his comment being "its acting goofy" but when they hooked it to the computer for diagnosis no trouble codes came up and therefore no repair was forthcoming. This feature also engages on its own and causes distraction as I drive trying to shut it down. I pressed the issue with Ford and they sent an engineer to assess the situation. As the engineer read the operating instructions provided by Ford for the technicians a conflict on how the system is supposed to operate was uncovered and no one has been able to explain how the system is supposed to work. I was told "I will get back to you about this" no one has at this time. Ford did send out to me and most likely everyone with this option additional operating instructions as the owners manual is vague. They are a joke. If you have the misfortune of getting the Adaptive Cruise Control option, hang on tight as it has it`s own problems. Yes it is a neat feature but it is not fast enough electronically to recognize the various conditions which occur during freeway operation of motor vehicles. You need to have your foot on the gas pedal when changing lanes due to a slower vehicle in front of you, what happens is the radar detects the slower vehicle and applies the brakes just as you begin to change lanes. Pushing the gas pedal when this happens allows you to overide the system and maintain your speed. Also it does not discriminate very well a slower vehicle in front of you in another lane when the road curves ahead applying the brakes unnecessarily. Another issue with this feature is where Ford put the radar detector. It is located low and in front of course, but it is in a position where snow and slush can cover it. All it takes is a thin layer and the system shuts down. I live in Southern California and discoverd this annoyance coming home from a trip to the Big Bear mountains. I am surprised the engineers in Detroit did not consider this. Another fine feature is the rain sensing wipers. Conceptually a great idea but executionally a failure and safety issue in my opinion not unlike the adaptive cruise. Once again in winter conditions snow and ice can accumulate between the wiper blade and the windshield. If it so happens to be right where the blade passes over the rain sensor the chunk of ice leaves a layer of water which the sensor detects as heavy rain and puts the wipers into full speed even when there is only a gentle rain falling. The wipers went faster than high speed in manual mode. I thought they might separate from the vehicle. The only way to avoid this is to shut them off, turn the control out of sensing mode or stop and remove the ice from the blade. Also I have had the rain sensing wipers ignore a window covered with rain and wipe a dry windshield... It would be nice if you were able to switch between what I shall call regular and fancy operation with respect to cruise control and wiper operation. The engine in this car with ECO Boost feature is awesome. Excellent torque, acceleration horsepower etc. but... I noticed in the first few thousand miles that it was using oil. This was brought to the attention of the Ford dealer. I initiated my own consumption test. Between 7792.0 and 12313.0 miles it used one half quart of oil for an approximate burn rate of one half quart in 4500.0 miles. There are no leaks. This is unacceptable to me. A consumption test has begun at 12313.0 miles by the dealer. The service advisor tells me the Ford consumption standards allow for one quart of oil burn in 1500.0 miles under normal operating conditions. I am incredulous to say the least. For those of you who have already purchased an SHO, keep an eye out for oil drops just inside of left wheel. About 7000 miles I noticed oil on my garage floor. I discovered oil migrating out of the vent cap on the top of the Power Take Off. The PTO is a right angle drive attached as a separate assembly to the transaxle/transmisson. The vent cap is barely visible looking from under the hood past the brake master cylinder reservoir down under the right side of transmission. When you see the front drive shaft at the flange connection to the PTO, look forward and you will see a small crimped cap on top of the assembly. The drive shaft from the rear differential attaches to the PTO to provide the all wheel drive. Look for a wet spot of oil under the cap. The PTO was replaced under warranty by the local Ford dealer. In summary, The SHO has the potential to be a superb automobile. Maybe I got the Monday car. Mr.Gator"

Love the car, but it needs more power.

By on Friday, May 28, 2010

"I purchased 4 new cars in 2009 - 2010, everything from a Dodge Charger, a Jeep, a minivan (for my wife), then the Ford Taurus. I really LOVE this car, it has (almost) everything I wanted. I bought the Limited AWD 3.5L Package, unfortunately it doesn't have a navigation screen (Sync is okay at best). The look and feel is great, but it needs more power off the line. I didn't think the extra $10K for the SHO would have been worth it, but now I'm starting to question my logic. I've been thinking about going back to purchase one, but can't see paying that much. It might force me to look at other options in higher end brands."

Can't SHO me one better.

By on Friday, May 28, 2010

"Traded an 2006 Charger 5.7 hemi and expected to be disappointed in the performance. It is actually quite the contrary. The all wheel drive and twin turbos create acceleration probably better than the bigger V8. Lots of technology with the SYNC, rear view camera, blind spot indicators and much more. Great ride. Good value. Sharp looks. Couldn't be happier."

GREAT CAR

By on Wednesday, May 19, 2010

"THIS IS MY 3RD TAURUS AND THE 2010 SEL IS THE BEST. I WENT TO MY FORD DEALER PLANNING TO BUY AN ESCAPE THIS TIME AROUND BUT ONCE I SAT IN THE TAURUS AND DROVE IT, I KNEW IT WAS THE CAR FOR ME. I'VE RECEIVED MANY COMPLIMENTS ON THIS CAR. AND THE STEEL BLUE METALIC IS REALLY A CLASSY COLOR. HANDLES GREAT. RIDES GREAT AND LOOKS GREAT. HAVE TO SAY THIS IS THE BEST NEW CAR I HAVE EVER PURCHASED."