2014 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $33,679 - $34,663.

10/7.3

Based on 176 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Luxurious sporty family car at an affordable price

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "Sharp look, excellent handling, wide tires"

Cons: "Good for its size but wish for better mpg"

"I love the feel and handling characteristics of the 2010 Ford Taurus. Quiet and powerful. It feels (and sounds) the same at 55 as it does at 80 (or more). The interior leather with heated and cooled seats are a perk worth having, and so is the sunroof. The cockpit design is roomy and comfortable with good lumbar support where it's needed. The trunk is HUGE which is important for me since I move every couple years for the military! It got my family of four and all our luggage and gifts including a Power Wheels jeep home from Christmas vacation. I get about 23 mpg in the city and 27 on the hwy. I still get compliments on how sharp this car looks, and I've had it for about 4 years now. My favorite comment was a guy who said "That car isn't your daddy's Taurus." The sharp new look combined with all the safety features makes this my favorite car owned yet. I would definitely buy another."

Luxurious sporty family car at an affordable price

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "Sharp look, excellent handling, wide tires"

Cons: "Good for its size but wish for better mpg"

Great car, have owned it for 1 month.

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "Everything is great."

Cons: "It takes a little time to get used to the controls"

old 98 Taurus with my new 2014 Taurus

"This is a very comfortable car to drive and is sporty road handling, Great acceleration."

old 98 Taurus with my new 2014 Taurus

Great car, have owned it for 1 month.

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "Everything is great."

Cons: "It takes a little time to get used to the controls"

old 98 Taurus with my new 2014 Taurus

Great value with versatility and performance

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

Pros: "Great price, highly reliable, comfortable"

Cons: "None to report"

"Own an SEL with 19" wheels and fwd. At 60k mi I'm into my second set of Goodyear eagle tires. ($1k !). Car has great ride and handling, good power too. Find transmission to be very well matched to engine for confident performance characteristics. Automatic downshifts when foot is off gas really saves on brakes too. Was worried about fat tires in snow, but even after this last winter, never any problems with getting stuck or in handling. Very reliable, only one wheel bearing needed replaced in warranty, nothing but wiper blades, oil changes and a set of tires since. Just lost a sports car to the snow (storage bldg collapse) so am Looking into a used SHO (2012-2013) at the moment. Would love to have one car that can be used all year round yet have that performance car fun! As for styling I love it, I think most either love it or hate it. Or just don't have an opinion in such matters. I'd Highly recommended this car to anyone that needs ample trunk room in an affordable and reliable full size sedan. Mileage averages 19-20 mpg city and 26-27 highway (at 75-79 mph)."

It's Not Your Wife's Import

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "controls, sporty, fast, Sync system"

"When car shopping summer 2013 looked at few vehicles until was on the same street with the Ford dealership, I saw this 2014 Taurus SEL it's a beautiful nice looking car. What love about this vehicle are features from everything being excellent with Sync system, navigation screen while having fingertip electronics. Cooled and heated seats are ventilated memory best on car as is comfortable. It's quiet, the engine is bigger gives plenty of performance I enjoy a pleasant ride have out of it anytime driving at 40 mph or more. LED lights looks luxurious and interior quality is very appealing has nice looks and great features standard on SEL model. The rear backup camera is convenient on leaving out of tight spots include blind spot warning and xenon headlights is all excellent on Taurus. No need for me to drive around in a import because American vehicles has grown even more better got standard equipment, better ride and great engine performance ever. Ford Quality definitely has be well above averaged on all their new vehicles with styling and resale values on most."

Amazing Grocery Getter!

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "Great Power - sleeper car! Looks great inside and"

Cons: "Seats cushions too short"

"For the money (mid 40's) I could not find a better vehicle. I would have to spend 15-20k more in a German made car with the same horsepower and technology that the SHO has. Great value for the price. We have had the car three years and no issues other than updating the my ford touch - works perfect now."

Outstanding vehicle, zero problems

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, economical, reliable"

"This was my wife's business lease vehicle and we both drove it daily. We were pleasantly caught off guard with Ford's redesign of the Taurus and its outstanding reliability. We literally had "no" problems with this vehicle and put many miles on it. The AWD is remarkable and has made us both AWD converts. The Sync system is another delight for both phone and music. We liked this vehicle so much, we now have a 2014 Taurus SEL AWD."

Outstanding vehicle, zero problems

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, economical, reliable"

stiff ride/poor visibility front/left/right/backin

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

"stiif ride/poor visibility,front wheel drive ng in snow"

best vehicle I've ever had

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "Very comfortable to drive"

"This car has everything I want in a vehicle. The all wheel drive is a great feature in the Northeast. Heated front and rear seats plus cooled front seats are great. This car has been very reliable and a pleasure to drive!"

Nice car, smooth ride, looks good

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "Nice looking, fun to drive, handles well"

Cons: "Poor body trim design"

"If it weren't for a nagging body trim problem, I would give this car a much higher rating. Unfortunately, the designers seem to have not taken into account the real world which these cars are driven in. In my case; shortly after I bought the car, I bumped onto a traffic divider in a parking lot (a normal height) and ever since then the front driver's side trim piece has not been flush with the body of the car. The dealership tells me that the only way to correct the problem is to REPLACE!!!! the entire front bumper piece. For this reason alone, I would not buy another Taurus. What a shoddy design."

Big comfortable FAST car

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "Big, Comfortable, Huge Trunk, FAST"

Cons: "MyFordTouch system leave some to be desired"

"I wanted something that would easily seat 5 people and not be an SUV. This car has lots of room and the SHO / Performance Package is a lot of fun to drive. The 6 speed transmission with paddle shifters responds quickly and the AWD makes for driving in the rain or snow no problem. My only complaint for the car, why I gave an 8/10 reliability is the MyFordTouch system. It's "ok" but not great. To be fair to Ford, the latest software update seems to have fixed a lot of the naggy things, but it's atill a bit laggy and not as good as other systems I have used."

Looks nice and rides ok but it's not great.

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

"I bought this car because I liked virtually everything about it. I liked the way it looks & rides. I liked the roominess in front and back and the comfort of the car. I have always been a Ford guy. I like the quality inside and out. But I have found it very difficult to see out of. It is not easy to drive in traffic or maneuver around obstacles - like at a gas pump. It is difficult to reach out the side windows like at a drive through window. I am not a small person. I am over 6'1" but I simply don't like the way the car "fits" around you. My wife is 5'2" and she absolutely hates the car. The quality that I expect from Ford is there but it is not the "big car" that I thought it would be."

dependable and fun to drive in comfort

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

"Car is excellent. Good quality, good seats and memory, ac excellent. Drives well but gas mileage not good."

A large car with good power and fuel economy.

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "Big, comfortable, fun to drive."

Cons: "Poor rear visibility without the rear view camera."

"A very comfortable large car. It has sporty driving characteristics but still delivers a smooth, quiet ride. The rear view camera is necessary because rear visibility is not good without it. A small price to pay for the styling. The trunk is large and easily holds four golf bags. The interior is large and comfortably holds four large golfers. The interior of the Limited model compares favorably to much more expensive Lexus and BMW models. This car is a bargain for all that you get/"

Ford hits a home run! You won't believe this car.

By on Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pros: "Quiet, Solid, Powerful, Fuel economy, space, handl"

Cons: "chrome accent on exterior lights,"

"I travel for a living. This all wheel drive car sits on the road in windy Kansas and handles the snow and ice fantastic.The safety features are the best! Ford Engineers saved my life or serious injury with the all wheel breaking when forced off the road. I'm seriously considering another. It has great rear leg room for large adults. Head room is a bit tight for today's large car seats in the rear. Stereo borders exceptional and controls are the best I have ever had in a vehical- simple and large! Again-safe!"

Good looking, good driving

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "Safety features"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I bought this car new, still like it after 1 and half years, still get compliments on it from complete strangers, love the safety features, the blind spot mirrors have saved me many times, it is one of my favorite features, love the built in GPS and back up camera as well. It looks good, is fun to drive and the safety features make it safe to drive as well."

sleek looking nice ride with GUTS

By on Sunday, February 09, 2014

"its about time the american car makers actually started designing cars that actually are cosmetically appealing and are made well lets just hope they keep it up.I was very impressed with the look of my taurus and performance,not to mention all of the options that the sel comes with if it were five years ago there would be no chance of this car ending up in my driveway.Bravo ford bravo."

Incognito Taurus

By on Sunday, February 09, 2014

"This car is not bad overall. Fun to drive and has some nice safety features that keep the car in control. Some problems are the auto dimming headlights, have to always hit the memory seat button when you get in, and no option to have the car auto lock after you park, get out and walk away. Still fumble for the key fob to lock the car, why?"

Wouln't buy it but not a bad large sedan

By on Monday, January 20, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "engine, fit and finish, interior room and trunck"

Cons: "very difficult to see out back window"

"Have a 2012 and I am just about to get a 2014. It's a "company car" so not a lot of choices. Inside is quite, no mechanical problems at all on my 2011 ....80K miles oin 3 years. Love the engine...responsive and very smoooth. Trunk space is ample as is interior. Old school test of shutting door; this car passed. ie.solid, somewhat Heavy. seats are comfortable and fit and finish were top notch. very difficult to see out back window. handling is poor as when you park it never ends up where you wanted. very low front clearance-I have caught plastic sheild under bumper on curb at least 20 times and one time cost me $1740 for repairs. I have the base model. too much good competition in this large sedan category to go with Taurus."

AMAZING CAR - JUST A TRUCK PERSON I GUESS

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "PRACTICALY DRIVES ITSELF"

"ALSO COMES WITH 7 YEAR TIRE AND ELECTRONICS WARRANTIES - ALL WARRANTIES UPGRADED - HAVE HAD FOR APPROX 5 MONTHS BUT PREFFER DRIVING MY TRUCK"

great car not your moms taurus

By on Saturday, January 04, 2014

Pros: "too much to list"

Cons: "front cup holders are too deep"

"handles well. built to last like american cars should be!!! great job ford"

Most comfortable ride ever! Even on a long trip!

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

I want this car

Pros: "Comfort, handling, great on long trips!"

Cons: "gas gauge didn't properly show when tank was full"

"In July 2013, I rented a 2013 Taurus to drive myself and Dad - who is in his 80's - from Dallas area to Colorado, up in the mountains. A 14-hour trip each way. The model we rented had leather seats with the heat/air option. We noticed how comfortable the ride was on the way up, and my Dad especially appreciated the heated seats, which helped prevent old bones from getting too stiff. Although we split the drive into two days going up, we decided to just drive until we were tired coming back. With just a few rest stops, we were both surprised when we realized we had no fatigue from sitting that long, and that we were going to make it all the way home in one day! We decided it had to be due to the comfortable seats and smooth ride. A car that lets an 83 year old ride that long and still feel good at the end of the trip! Now that has got to be the most comfortable ride ever!"

So far great !

By on Sunday, December 15, 2013

Cons: "standard sound system poor"

"to new to know about reliability, has a very solid and quality feel to the handling & ride. Very quiet."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25