2014 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $33,679 - $34,663.

10/7.3

Based on 179 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

My Company Car

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

Pros: "Lots of room, luxury feel to interior, technology"

"I've had this car for almost 3 years now & I'm about to get my replacement vehicle, but i'm considering buying my Taurus outright. To use the term "luxurious" when describing a company car seems little absurd, but mine has leather seats and a few safety upgrades that truly gives it the feeling of a luxury sedan. With all the downsizing of cars going on these days, this car still stands out for its size -- lots of legroom in front & back, as well as lots of trunk space. The Sync system and technology are very convenient. The A/C stopped blowing a couple of times due to the blend door actuator ... first-time, the shop didn't fully fix it, so I had to take it back in. It was a pretty easy fix. Also, I gave it a 9 for quality only because some of the adhesive used for the letters on the dashboard didn't fully hold up to the Texas heat in the summer in my black car -- the letters stayed in place, but the adhesive was soft enough I could move them if I wanted. Other than that, no complaints -- all compliments. Sleek and somewhat sporty, but the feel of a sedan inside. Buy it if you're on the fence."

very good

By on Sunday, April 20, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "gas mileage could be better"

"Very good car"

Hits the Mark Perfectly

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

Pros: "Form, function, performance, and price."

Cons: "The full Nav system is not standard. Get it."

"I traded in my 2010 FX4 one month ago today for a new 2014 Taurus SHO. I have to say, I was worried about the performance inferiority when compared to the new Chevy SS and the nigh-infinite Charger configurations. Less horsepower, restrictive torque control, and turbo-lag vs. launch controlled RWD HEMIs and SS V8s? The high-school yabbo in me wants to laugh at Poor Ford. Get in it, though. Unless your plan is to beat the competition to the next red light, the SHO shines in that sweet spot of power and control. Maybe the 5.2 second 0-60 time Car and Driver manages won't be prone to rip your face off, but who cares when it grips corners like Spiderman and still shoots out the other side with firm authority. AWD is a must-have when I live with snow six months out of the year. For Dodge, this means dropping to a naturally aspirated 3.6 V6 at 300hp/264 lb-ft of torque for the AWD Sport package. Even the R/T with optional AWD comes in at a comparable 370hp/395 lb-ft showing. Don't let the HEMI hypnosis fool you. Ripping your rears to a fine black powder on the green light gets old. Especially when compared to shooting corners and blasting out arrow-straight rather than sideways in a cloud of smoke. Chevy SS doesn't even offer an AWD option, and only marginally tops the straight-line performance on the SHO, anyway. I've often had to hold back giggles when seeing a 'true' muscle car stuck on a snowbound hill, while my 4X4 eases past with zero hesitation. All that raw power means nothing if it can't be applied. As for looks? The Charger Redline and Blacktop packages may have the best lines out of the three makers, but the SS is too easily confused with Chevy's humdrum Cruze. The SHO stands up to most of the cartoonish Charger faces, and only marginally falls to their top tier hero makeovers. There has been some criticism of the Taurus for its lumbering weight. I have to admit, I haven't felt it yet. Maybe it's the F-150 experience I'm coming down from, but the responsiveness of the SHO reminds me of my 2009 Focus, where many detractors will have you thinking more along the lines of the Titanic. Lane changes are sharp and stiff. Handling is that of a much smaller car, partly due to the lack of an industrial boat anchor planting the front axel. The light, high-tech EcoBoost engine seems to allow much more flea-flicking than I initially expected. For power, performance, handling, price, and then all the boring family oriented aspects (such as the trunk that doubles as a hotel room), I don't see anything out there better than the Taurus SHO. As a final note -- WOT performance discrepancy is largely due to Ford laying on restrictions. Simple tunes to open up torque control, increase turbo boost, and match timing to octane will easily put the SHO on par with the supermassive MOPAR. Just save that surprise for track days. Stock response is more than enough for legal road behavior."

Luxurious sporty family car at an affordable price

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "Sharp look, excellent handling, wide tires"

Cons: "Good for its size but wish for better mpg"

"I love the feel and handling characteristics of the 2010 Ford Taurus. Quiet and powerful. It feels (and sounds) the same at 55 as it does at 80 (or more). The interior leather with heated and cooled seats are a perk worth having, and so is the sunroof. The cockpit design is roomy and comfortable with good lumbar support where it's needed. The trunk is HUGE which is important for me since I move every couple years for the military! It got my family of four and all our luggage and gifts including a Power Wheels jeep home from Christmas vacation. I get about 23 mpg in the city and 27 on the hwy. I still get compliments on how sharp this car looks, and I've had it for about 4 years now. My favorite comment was a guy who said "That car isn't your daddy's Taurus." The sharp new look combined with all the safety features makes this my favorite car owned yet. I would definitely buy another."

Luxurious sporty family car at an affordable price

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "Sharp look, excellent handling, wide tires"

Cons: "Good for its size but wish for better mpg"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25