2013 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $35,616 - $36,930.

10/7.4

Based on 193 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Nicest car I've ever owned!

By on Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Pros: "Heavy, safe, comfortable car"

Cons: "poor visibility backing up"

"I bought this Taurus with 14,000 miles to replace my 2005 Taurus that was totaled in an accident (another good car; my son walked away without a scratch!) This is a dressed down version of the Lincoln MKS and rides just as nicely. The only minor complaint I have is the rear window is very high which impairs your visibility backing up. The engine is very smooth and quiet and the seating supports your back so at the end of a long ride you don't have a sore back. I also like the SNYC especially if I'm in an area with poorly lit streets because it will give you turn by turn directions to easily get you to where you're going."

First American car I've owned in 20 Yrs,,Best ever

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "The car has features only found on expensive cars"

Cons: "20 miles per gallon (all wheel drive)"

"I've owned many foreign cars, and usually trade ever 3 years. I've had this car over 4 years. I started looking at other cars because I want to take this one to Colorado where I have a si home. I looked at hybrid vehicles (I get 20 MPG overall with all wheel drive) and discovered that I'm doing pretty well considering! And every time I look at another brand my car gets better. The only car I've found with all the features (safety) my car has is a very expensive Audi. But when I tried the Audi I found my car was more comfortable. The sales person agreed with me. I was going to take the car out west, but unless I buy another Tauris from Ford (or similar from Lincoln) Im just going to keep my car. I only have a little over 50,000 miles so it has a long time before I'd need to trade it in or sell it."

Great Car! Classy all the way!

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Comfort plus! Great look Great Value. Solid Car!"

Cons: "I miss is my center top dash cubby."

"I have had many Fords over the years, Thunderbirds, Explorers and a Fusion. I thought very seriously about a new Fusion. But wanted something that I knew was going to be sheer comfort if I decided to drive across country. This is it. It has plenty of power and the gas economy is good as long as you don't get too frisky on the highway. You can't go wrong with the Taurus."

Very nice, i liked very much. Good for Ford

By on Sunday, June 15, 2014

"Great car"

Great drive for the price - Certified by Ford

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "Price, options, drive"

Cons: "Needs Mustang performance."

"My Ford Limited purchased as used 2013 model. This vehicle is loaded with great features and is a great road car. Takes a little time to learn SYNC and the navigation system - but well worth it!"

Very Nice

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "Mpg Nice-Fit and finish Nice-Comfort Nice"

Cons: "Back seating could have more lighting"

"The Ford 2011 Taurus has been on 6 4,000 mile holidays and ran between 29 and 32 mpg (depending on the type of fuel I used, the low alcohol stuff produced better mpg than the city formulated stuff. In the city it runs around 22 to 25 mpg. Short trips mpg drops of course.Car has very nice highway performance, better than the Toyota it replaced. Handling was nice and stiff and solid. My Ford sync was just fine no problems, I thought it was easy to use. Trunk is huge.I use 100% synthetic oil. Often I'm asked about the car as people comment about the likes of the styling.Overall no complaints.Very nice."

Best running car I have had in years.

By on Friday, June 06, 2014

Pros: "Easy to operate and fun to drive."

Cons: "Front bumper is low and can easily scrape over sto"

"Easy easy to operate and has good power. Looks nice and I am constantly being approached and told how good it looks. We have put many road miles on it and have had to only change out the battery (warranty) and get new tires. Not bad for 67,000 miles."

Quality Driver

By on Friday, June 06, 2014

Pros: "Quiet driver, gas friendly, good power."

Cons: "More wood grain applicants on doors."

"For owning the car for just under a few weeks or so, I can surely say that this car is absolute quality. The layout of the interior is driver friendly but still brings comfort to other passengers. The outside aesthetics bring a big and beefy view, the higher roof line and stretched body frame give it a good look. The 18' wheels really tie the outside together, gives it a classy/elegant touch that most cars in this range don't offer. Overall the car is a fantastic highway car, but is something you can cruise down city streets in comfort and style. Adding a few options are a must, possibly mudflaps bring down the rear end with its long trunk line. Also, if you can find one with a spoiler then it'll be a nice touch to the trunk as well. I would surely recommend this car to someone who is looking for a quality driver and wants a touch of class and elegance alongside it."

Wife drove it, I was passenger great vehicle

By on Saturday, May 31, 2014

Pros: "working mans luxury compared to other Luxury cars"

"Local driving or Interstate very comfortable, reliable and amenities are great."

Favorite car

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Pros: "Safe"

"This is the first car I have ever owned and paid off. I have no desire to sell because it is safe, comfortable and fun to drive. The things I will never go without in a car again are the blind spot warning, automatic bright lights, and the rear view camera. I like my car so much, my daughter bought one."

Terrific, comfortable, efficient transportation

By on Monday, May 19, 2014

Pros: "Quiet smooth ride lots of pickup good gas mileage"

"Motor has more than enough HP with lots of pickup when needed. It is so quiet and has such a smooth ride that it's like riding in a plane. Lots of room for 5 large adults. Huge trunk. Lots of interior creature comforts from Sirius radio to heated/cooled leather seats. And 9 cup holders!"

the car looks nice but is

By on Monday, May 19, 2014

Pros: "looks good"

Cons: "hard to work electronics safely. Sync not good"

"The car looks nice but is cheaply made. The Sync system does not work correctly - even after upgrade at dealer. The roof hangs loose at the rear window and the dealer says that is how Ford make it. The sound system is good but does not have easy access from drivers seat. The massaging front seats are nice, but could be more dynamic. 2010 Mercury Milan Premier was a better made car."

The 2010 Ford Taurus

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "great technology, styling, room, and quality."

Cons: "No chilled cup holder"

"This car is absolutely awesome! It drives great, has excellent pickup, and looks fantastic. I am averaging just over 25 miles per gallon using regular gasoline, and I can fit 5 adults comfortably. The technology is what really makes this car outstanding. I have every option but the backup camera that was only offered on the 2010 SHO Model, and everyone is impressed when they see and hear all the things that this car does. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone."

Best car I ever owned

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

"I absolutely love this car!" It will be 4 years old this July and to this day I still get compliments on this car. I don't think I will ever sell it...LOL!"

My Company Car

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

Pros: "Lots of room, luxury feel to interior, technology"

"I've had this car for almost 3 years now & I'm about to get my replacement vehicle, but i'm considering buying my Taurus outright. To use the term "luxurious" when describing a company car seems little absurd, but mine has leather seats and a few safety upgrades that truly gives it the feeling of a luxury sedan. With all the downsizing of cars going on these days, this car still stands out for its size -- lots of legroom in front & back, as well as lots of trunk space. The Sync system and technology are very convenient. The A/C stopped blowing a couple of times due to the blend door actuator ... first-time, the shop didn't fully fix it, so I had to take it back in. It was a pretty easy fix. Also, I gave it a 9 for quality only because some of the adhesive used for the letters on the dashboard didn't fully hold up to the Texas heat in the summer in my black car -- the letters stayed in place, but the adhesive was soft enough I could move them if I wanted. Other than that, no complaints -- all compliments. Sleek and somewhat sporty, but the feel of a sedan inside. Buy it if you're on the fence."

very good

By on Sunday, April 20, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "gas mileage could be better"

"Very good car"

Hits the Mark Perfectly

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

Pros: "Form, function, performance, and price."

Cons: "The full Nav system is not standard. Get it."

"I traded in my 2010 FX4 one month ago today for a new 2014 Taurus SHO. I have to say, I was worried about the performance inferiority when compared to the new Chevy SS and the nigh-infinite Charger configurations. Less horsepower, restrictive torque control, and turbo-lag vs. launch controlled RWD HEMIs and SS V8s? The high-school yabbo in me wants to laugh at Poor Ford. Get in it, though. Unless your plan is to beat the competition to the next red light, the SHO shines in that sweet spot of power and control. Maybe the 5.2 second 0-60 time Car and Driver manages won't be prone to rip your face off, but who cares when it grips corners like Spiderman and still shoots out the other side with firm authority. AWD is a must-have when I live with snow six months out of the year. For Dodge, this means dropping to a naturally aspirated 3.6 V6 at 300hp/264 lb-ft of torque for the AWD Sport package. Even the R/T with optional AWD comes in at a comparable 370hp/395 lb-ft showing. Don't let the HEMI hypnosis fool you. Ripping your rears to a fine black powder on the green light gets old. Especially when compared to shooting corners and blasting out arrow-straight rather than sideways in a cloud of smoke. Chevy SS doesn't even offer an AWD option, and only marginally tops the straight-line performance on the SHO, anyway. I've often had to hold back giggles when seeing a 'true' muscle car stuck on a snowbound hill, while my 4X4 eases past with zero hesitation. All that raw power means nothing if it can't be applied. As for looks? The Charger Redline and Blacktop packages may have the best lines out of the three makers, but the SS is too easily confused with Chevy's humdrum Cruze. The SHO stands up to most of the cartoonish Charger faces, and only marginally falls to their top tier hero makeovers. There has been some criticism of the Taurus for its lumbering weight. I have to admit, I haven't felt it yet. Maybe it's the F-150 experience I'm coming down from, but the responsiveness of the SHO reminds me of my 2009 Focus, where many detractors will have you thinking more along the lines of the Titanic. Lane changes are sharp and stiff. Handling is that of a much smaller car, partly due to the lack of an industrial boat anchor planting the front axel. The light, high-tech EcoBoost engine seems to allow much more flea-flicking than I initially expected. For power, performance, handling, price, and then all the boring family oriented aspects (such as the trunk that doubles as a hotel room), I don't see anything out there better than the Taurus SHO. As a final note -- WOT performance discrepancy is largely due to Ford laying on restrictions. Simple tunes to open up torque control, increase turbo boost, and match timing to octane will easily put the SHO on par with the supermassive MOPAR. Just save that surprise for track days. Stock response is more than enough for legal road behavior."

Luxurious sporty family car at an affordable price

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "Sharp look, excellent handling, wide tires"

Cons: "Good for its size but wish for better mpg"

"I love the feel and handling characteristics of the 2010 Ford Taurus. Quiet and powerful. It feels (and sounds) the same at 55 as it does at 80 (or more). The interior leather with heated and cooled seats are a perk worth having, and so is the sunroof. The cockpit design is roomy and comfortable with good lumbar support where it's needed. The trunk is HUGE which is important for me since I move every couple years for the military! It got my family of four and all our luggage and gifts including a Power Wheels jeep home from Christmas vacation. I get about 23 mpg in the city and 27 on the hwy. I still get compliments on how sharp this car looks, and I've had it for about 4 years now. My favorite comment was a guy who said "That car isn't your daddy's Taurus." The sharp new look combined with all the safety features makes this my favorite car owned yet. I would definitely buy another."

Luxurious sporty family car at an affordable price

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "Sharp look, excellent handling, wide tires"

Cons: "Good for its size but wish for better mpg"

Great car, have owned it for 1 month.

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "Everything is great."

Cons: "It takes a little time to get used to the controls"

old 98 Taurus with my new 2014 Taurus

"This is a very comfortable car to drive and is sporty road handling, Great acceleration."

old 98 Taurus with my new 2014 Taurus

Great car, have owned it for 1 month.

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "Everything is great."

Cons: "It takes a little time to get used to the controls"

old 98 Taurus with my new 2014 Taurus

Great value with versatility and performance

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

Pros: "Great price, highly reliable, comfortable"

Cons: "None to report"

"Own an SEL with 19" wheels and fwd. At 60k mi I'm into my second set of Goodyear eagle tires. ($1k !). Car has great ride and handling, good power too. Find transmission to be very well matched to engine for confident performance characteristics. Automatic downshifts when foot is off gas really saves on brakes too. Was worried about fat tires in snow, but even after this last winter, never any problems with getting stuck or in handling. Very reliable, only one wheel bearing needed replaced in warranty, nothing but wiper blades, oil changes and a set of tires since. Just lost a sports car to the snow (storage bldg collapse) so am Looking into a used SHO (2012-2013) at the moment. Would love to have one car that can be used all year round yet have that performance car fun! As for styling I love it, I think most either love it or hate it. Or just don't have an opinion in such matters. I'd Highly recommended this car to anyone that needs ample trunk room in an affordable and reliable full size sedan. Mileage averages 19-20 mpg city and 26-27 highway (at 75-79 mph)."

It's Not Your Wife's Import

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "controls, sporty, fast, Sync system"

"When car shopping summer 2013 looked at few vehicles until was on the same street with the Ford dealership, I saw this 2014 Taurus SEL it's a beautiful nice looking car. What love about this vehicle are features from everything being excellent with Sync system, navigation screen while having fingertip electronics. Cooled and heated seats are ventilated memory best on car as is comfortable. It's quiet, the engine is bigger gives plenty of performance I enjoy a pleasant ride have out of it anytime driving at 40 mph or more. LED lights looks luxurious and interior quality is very appealing has nice looks and great features standard on SEL model. The rear backup camera is convenient on leaving out of tight spots include blind spot warning and xenon headlights is all excellent on Taurus. No need for me to drive around in a import because American vehicles has grown even more better got standard equipment, better ride and great engine performance ever. Ford Quality definitely has be well above averaged on all their new vehicles with styling and resale values on most."

Amazing Grocery Getter!

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "Great Power - sleeper car! Looks great inside and"

Cons: "Seats cushions too short"

"For the money (mid 40's) I could not find a better vehicle. I would have to spend 15-20k more in a German made car with the same horsepower and technology that the SHO has. Great value for the price. We have had the car three years and no issues other than updating the my ford touch - works perfect now."

Outstanding vehicle, zero problems

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, economical, reliable"

"This was my wife's business lease vehicle and we both drove it daily. We were pleasantly caught off guard with Ford's redesign of the Taurus and its outstanding reliability. We literally had "no" problems with this vehicle and put many miles on it. The AWD is remarkable and has made us both AWD converts. The Sync system is another delight for both phone and music. We liked this vehicle so much, we now have a 2014 Taurus SEL AWD."