2011 Ford Taurus

Based on 279 Ratings for the 2010 - 2016 models.

Review for Taurus SEL

By on Saturday, December 15, 2012

Pros: "Great Car/Fun to Drive"

Cons: "Shoulder/rear visibility....pay extra attention."

"Previous review by Taurus 701 was for 13 Taurus SEL not SE"

good performance sedan

By on Monday, February 13, 2012

Pros: "Performance and fit and finish."

Cons: "SHO should be more distictive exteriior."

"Vehicle has all the performance and bells and whistles for this type of car. There should be more distinction between a regular Taurus and the SHO models. The exterior should be more aggressive for the SHO models."

Luxurious sporty family car at an affordable price

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "Sharp look, excellent handling, wide tires"

Cons: "Good for its size but wish for better mpg"

"I love the feel and handling characteristics of the 2010 Ford Taurus. Quiet and powerful. It feels (and sounds) the same at 55 as it does at 80 (or more). The interior leather with heated and cooled seats are a perk worth having, and so is the sunroof. The cockpit design is roomy and comfortable with good lumbar support where it's needed. The trunk is HUGE which is important for me since I move every couple years for the military! It got my family of four and all our luggage and gifts including a Power Wheels jeep home from Christmas vacation. I get about 23 mpg in the city and 27 on the hwy. I still get compliments on how sharp this car looks, and I've had it for about 4 years now. My favorite comment was a guy who said "That car isn't your daddy's Taurus." The sharp new look combined with all the safety features makes this my favorite car owned yet. I would definitely buy another."

This is the best car I've ever driven

By on Friday, March 13, 2015

Pros: "Great ride"

"This is my second Taurus SHO, I had a 2010, and was very happy. I could not resist an upgrade to the '13. It has every thing I could want in an auto. The handling, the ride, the performance, all excellent. I routinely drive more pricey "upscale" autos including a couple of late model Mercedes Benz cars and my SHO outdoes them all. The gas mileage could be a little better, but if one drives the Ecoboost 3.5 engine conservatively, it could be better. That's not to say I drive very fast or race away from dead stops, it's that in the city and with the regular amount of traffic I encounter, my gas mileage is affected. Interesting that Ford rarely advertises the Taurus, even with the keen popular interest that I have seen with my 2010 and 2013 models. Good luck to Ford and keep up the fine work !"

Great car for the money

By on Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Pros: "Excellent car for the price"

Cons: "Back up sensors should be standard equipment"

"After 8 years of pickps or suv's, took a little getting used to getting in and out of a car. Some reviews say the instrument panel is dated; however, I find the 2016 Taurus to be easy to see/use and don't stretch to reach controls (unlike the Impala I test drove). Quiet on the road, easy to handle and park, and doesn't deserve rating lower than the Impala or Charger. Excellent gas mileage, as it's not meant to be a race car, it's a reasonably priced luxury style vehicle."