2011 Ford Taurus

Based on 215 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Sold my camry bought a Ford i'm shocked

By on Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable-lots of Room-solid-rides great-safe"

Cons: "wish gas mileage was better"

"Traded in my Toyota Camry for a Ford Taurus- We test drove the Hyundai sonata, Infiniti, Altima and new Camry's- The dealer asked us to try the Ford before we walked off the lot- The Taurus is solid, comfortable, and a pleasure to drive- Every time someone sits in my car they always comment on how much they like it- So far we have put 14,000 miles on it and no issues- Plus the trunk space is almost like having the bed of a pick up- We put my wife's massage bed in the back and still had plenty of room for other items- I have 3 boys and the entire family can ride comfortably in this car-We love all the safety features and the sync system makes it my mobile office- I'm still surprised I bought a ford but we love it-"

Great Car !

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

"I Love Every Thing About This Car ."

Excellent mpg for this type auto

By on Monday, January 12, 2015

Pros: "Excellent value and trouble free auto"

Cons: "Lousy original tires"

"Only problem ever was the original tires(goodyear performance tires). Dealer replaced 2 tires. I have not had ANY other problems with this auto. These tires could not be balanced. I will never buy any auto with these type of tires!"

Great Car!

By on Monday, January 05, 2015

Pros: "It's real fun to drive it!"

Cons: "Sirius radio too expensive"

"Extremely pleased with the car! Experience it to believe it! Impressive exterior, Wonderful Interior, with lots of room - and a huge trunk! Very smooth driving and very comfortable and quiet. Superior Sound quality and great features! Great job!"

very comfortable on the road

By on Sunday, December 28, 2014

Pros: "good responce"

"With the 20 inch tires, good traction,but terrible on snow, easy to get stuck"

Absolutely love this car.

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

Pros: "Lot of fun to drive!!!!"

Cons: "Stock Michelin tires were not adequate"

"Performance is excellent. Ride is quiet from road and wind noise with the Pirelli tires i put on this Fall. Just the right amount of rumble from the exhaust. Very comfortable and a lot of fun to drive."

Good Car

By on Friday, December 12, 2014

Pros: "Dependable and covers the miles"

Cons: "cost of replacement low profile tires"

"Have owned and used this car for all kinds of driving over the past two years. There have been no mechanical problems. The car will get out and move when needed. There is no trouble passing other vehicles quickly. It corners well at high speeds. The one down side we have experienced is the cost of the replacement low profile tires. It took some getting used to the smaller windows on the sides and rear but the camera and sensor signals are a great aid in backing the car. Gas mileage averages 27+ mpg no matter how I drive it."

great full size car

By on Sunday, November 16, 2014

Pros: "cratures features excellent, very comfortable"

Cons: "winter tires limited for 19" wheels"

"I have owned this car for year now. Purchase used with 20K miles. It drives great and fuel mileage is as good as rated. Good leather and features are handy (temp control, heated seats & cooled seats). Very large truck. Compared to other full size cars when purchasing and it stood above them for creature features and quality of features. Very satisfied with car. Drives like a dream and handles well with 19" tires, in the summer. Needs winter tires to replace 19" summer tires in northern MN winters."

One of the best cars I've ever owned.

By on Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, feels like your in a cockpit!"

Cons: "No passenger seat controls on my model"

"Very comfortable car & easy to handle. Great car for family or elders. Great height for them to get in & out of vehicle. I've had more compliments on the style of this car than any I've ever owned, even after almost 5 years of owning it. I haven't had any trouble with the car & would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great car! My only complaint on the car is my model doesn't have passenger controls for the seat."

love the Taurus

By on Friday, October 24, 2014

Pros: "Great to drive, comfortable, and attractive."

Cons: "Back seat seatbelts are difficult to do up."

"The Taurus is the best! Tried other models & always come back to the Taurus. I still get compliments on it after 4 years. It handles great, has all the bells & whistles I need, and gives me a good ride. What more can you ask for?"

Sporty car....... if you drive like an old man

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pros: "Good drive,nice key fob, smooth capactive control."

Cons: "Noisy, loose suspension, far from luxury."

"The 6th generation Taurus is a great car for those looking for a cushy ride, simplicity of operation, and occasional nuisance from the Sync operating system. In general, the car has great steering feel for the size of car, although the large size of car still is present. Acceleration is more than adequate, although it has the svelte of a 4-cylinder. Cabin design is nice (yet niche in aesthetic) yet tight for a car with such huge exterior dimensions. Practically no other sedan is larger than the Taurus on the outside, yet the interior is on-par with the size of a mid-size sedan (i.e. the 2014 Fusion). The car is too long, too wide, too tall, and needs to go on a 200 pound diet. Capacitive controls in the cabin are sophisticated, yet a matter of taste. Lack of overall amenities is disappointing for this class of car......garage door opener, full power seats with memory, auto-down passenger window, and auto-dimming driver's side mirror should be standard on all models of this car. Keyless entry FOB is one of the best in the industry.....sleek, yet it's chrome can be damaged by key ring. Whistles, excessive wind noise, and rattles are recurrent problems. Have had into the dealership (great bunch of gentlemen), but their best efforts could not resolve the noise issues much. Interior materials are acceptable, but lack the near-luxury value of competitors. Rear seat too room is disrupted by a protrusion in the floor under the front seats and a flap at the bottom of the front seats which prevent sliding one's feet under the front seats. Windows are too narrow. Integrated wide-angle mirrors in the side mirrors are a bonus.....yet work to make up for the car's large blind spots. Bumper LED lights do not provide meaningful light and hence are a lost opportunity to function as fog lights. While every other Ford has mirror turn signal indicators, the Taurus does not. Overall the car is a nice car, if bought at a low price, but Ford chose the wrong path on too many decisions to make this car a contender shortly after its initial launch. Oh, heralding back to the comment about a car for an old man, the suspension system on the car is great for a smooth ride, although likes to bounce a lot and gives into body roll too much. I put lowering springs on mine to tighten the ride...and lower the car for better aerodynamics."

Large car with bad drivers seat

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pros: "Huge truck, realiable, drives well."

Cons: "Seat comfort is terrible. Terrible console."

"This car is very good and stylish overall. Very large trunk, smooth engine and transmission. However, if you have any back issues, you will find the drivers and front passenger seats making you want to sell the car ASAP. The seats will not adjust to a 90 degree angle. This is not unique to this car however as most manufacturers have adopted the "low rider" type seat configurations. I just can't understand why a car company with all of todays technology, puts nearly nothing into seat comfort. The other issue with this car is the center console. It is so large that claustrophobic doesn't begin to state it properly!. Your right leg will not lay comfortably for most people while driving. The bottom line is if you want a large car that performs well that has a very bad drivers and passenger front seat, this is the car for you. There is one plus. This is the first car I've ever owned that had a more comfortable back seat than front seat. Ah, if I were only 17 again!"

Outstanding Engineering & Driver Ergonomics.

By on Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Pros: "Generous Power, Sporty Handling, and Ellegance!"

Cons: "Can't drive two (2) at once."

"Silverella" Ready To Roll!

"Well engineered automobile. Outstanding value. Dollar for dollar, World Class Drivability, along with Unmatched Ergonomics. More Power Than Anyone Needs."

"Silverella" Ready To Roll!

everything i expected

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "safe, comfortable, great handling"

Cons: "could get better gas mileage"

"This is my second awd Taurus and I live in rough, snowy, icy terrain but also do a lot of over the road traveling. This car has the space I need for equipment and luggage and comfort of a full size car for 6'2" 220lb frame. I use the Taurus particularly icy conditions rather than my 4x4 truck for its better handling."

Excellent Automobile

By on Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Pros: "great price"

"Very good automobile"

This ain't Grandpa's Taurus anymore

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Pros: "Sporty, roomy, powerful with great fuel mileage"

Cons: "steering wheel should tilt lower"

"Love this car! I'm 6'-3" and needed plenty of room to stretch out. I traded my 2010 Nissan Maxima for this car. The Ford Taurus is perfect as it provides room, comfort, and a sporty look. Has plenty of power and a perfect balance of touring comfort and agility."

Comfort of a large car performance of a sport car

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and power to spare"

Cons: "Tires, factory tires have a very short life span."

"Love this car, especially the comments I still get after owning it 2.5 years. Performance is outstanding. Highway driving a pleasure as if you have to change lanes quickly the power is awesome. There were a couple of recalls that were handled with no problems. Mileage is not like a Fusion or Focus but I knew that going in. City 16-19 depending on my mood. Highway at 75 mph cruising 22-24. I'm happy with that."

Have owned 30 plus cars.. this is THE BOMB

By on Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Pros: "Grandpas car until you open up the twin turbos"

Cons: "Well optioned but no remote start, daytime lights"

"Purchased 2010 SHO used last year with 28k miles as a certified Ford. I have always been a car guy and in the past have had many performance vehicles but they cant come close to this car, and its all wheel drive !! Put some aftermarket mufflers on so it would sound as good as it drives. What a hoot !!"

Disappoited with quality.

By on Thursday, August 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, looks great"

Cons: "Expensive to fix, wheel bearing failures"

"Disappointed with bearings system, interior quality, handles breaking, etc"

Nice

By on Saturday, August 02, 2014

"Fun car to drive more room and comfort than my previous car, 2013 Cadillac CTS 4 No problems or issues!"

Great vehicle at a great price.

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "Features, price, size, quality, asthetics"

Cons: "No digital speedometer or tire pressure gauge"

"Purchased a 2013 Ford Taurus Limited with 25,000 miles in June, 2014 for $21,225. It has practically every feature I wanted. Remote start, smart key with push button start, navigation, bluetooth stereo, seat memory, heated & cooled front seats, the list goes on. Previously, I was leasing a 2012 Volkswagen CC and it had far less features. The only features I miss & wish the Taurus has is: 1. The trunk on the CC had hydraulic arms that would automatically open the lid all the way. This is nice when your arms are full. I wish the Taurus came with the same feature the Ford SUVs have where you wave your foot under the trunk and the gate opens automatically. 2. The rear windows don't have auto up/down. Seems silly, but I don't want to look back to make sure the rear window is fully down when I'm on the freeway. 3. Rain-sensing wipers. This is an available feature, but I unfortunately don't have it on mine. Rain rarely falls at a steady pace and it's annoying to constantly change the wiper speed. My CC had these 3 features, which I miss, but I certainly never say I regret switching to the Taurus. It is a fantastic car. Drives smooth & the back seat is big enough for grown adults to sit behind me comfortably. I drive an even amount city & highway & get about 23 mpg. Even if I'm only on the freeway I can only get as high as 27 mpg, so I'm not sure why it's rated at 29 highway. I have the option to use flex fuel, but I tried it once and my fuel economy dropped to 18 mpg. Would not recommend using E-85. The Taurus allows me to control my phone's music with the steering wheel. It also reads my text messages to me & I can send certain text messages through the car so I never need to interact with my phone. I researched cars nearly every day for 6 months trying to find the car with the most features for a decent price, but also still a quality product. I found the Taurus to have far more features than practically any other car, and it was also far less expensive. Other cars with similar features go for $35,000+. Even similar Honda, Chrysler, Kia and Hyundai cars went in the high twenties/low thirties, and all of them except the Chrysler 300 had less features. I was considering a 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium, but it was around $27,000 and the interior was more cramped. I would highly recommend the Taurus to anyone, but especially if you want the most features at the best price and still want quality."

Very spacious and comfortable.

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "Nice car to drive"

Cons: "Not pleased with service department at Ford."

"The vehicle has a roomy interior and the seats are very comfortable. Haven't had any real issues mechanically except for problems with the rotors at 50k. The trunk has lots of room. I average about 500 miles a week and have been getting an average of 23 mpg. I think that is pretty good for a car this size."

Nicest car I've ever owned!

By on Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Pros: "Heavy, safe, comfortable car"

Cons: "poor visibility backing up"

"I bought this Taurus with 14,000 miles to replace my 2005 Taurus that was totaled in an accident (another good car; my son walked away without a scratch!) This is a dressed down version of the Lincoln MKS and rides just as nicely. The only minor complaint I have is the rear window is very high which impairs your visibility backing up. The engine is very smooth and quiet and the seating supports your back so at the end of a long ride you don't have a sore back. I also like the SNYC especially if I'm in an area with poorly lit streets because it will give you turn by turn directions to easily get you to where you're going."

First American car I've owned in 20 Yrs,,Best ever

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "The car has features only found on expensive cars"

Cons: "20 miles per gallon (all wheel drive)"

"I've owned many foreign cars, and usually trade ever 3 years. I've had this car over 4 years. I started looking at other cars because I want to take this one to Colorado where I have a si home. I looked at hybrid vehicles (I get 20 MPG overall with all wheel drive) and discovered that I'm doing pretty well considering! And every time I look at another brand my car gets better. The only car I've found with all the features (safety) my car has is a very expensive Audi. But when I tried the Audi I found my car was more comfortable. The sales person agreed with me. I was going to take the car out west, but unless I buy another Tauris from Ford (or similar from Lincoln) Im just going to keep my car. I only have a little over 50,000 miles so it has a long time before I'd need to trade it in or sell it."

Great Car! Classy all the way!

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Comfort plus! Great look Great Value. Solid Car!"

Cons: "I miss is my center top dash cubby."

"I have had many Fords over the years, Thunderbirds, Explorers and a Fusion. I thought very seriously about a new Fusion. But wanted something that I knew was going to be sheer comfort if I decided to drive across country. This is it. It has plenty of power and the gas economy is good as long as you don't get too frisky on the highway. You can't go wrong with the Taurus."