2011 Ford Taurus

Based on 197 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Disappoited with quality.

By on Thursday, August 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, looks great"

Cons: "Expensive to fix, wheel bearing failures"

"Disappointed with bearings system, interior quality, handles breaking, etc"

Nice

By on Saturday, August 02, 2014

"Fun car to drive more room and comfort than my previous car, 2013 Cadillac CTS 4 No problems or issues!"

Great vehicle at a great price.

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "Features, price, size, quality, asthetics"

Cons: "No digital speedometer or tire pressure gauge"

"Purchased a 2013 Ford Taurus Limited with 25,000 miles in June, 2014 for $21,225. It has practically every feature I wanted. Remote start, smart key with push button start, navigation, bluetooth stereo, seat memory, heated & cooled front seats, the list goes on. Previously, I was leasing a 2012 Volkswagen CC and it had far less features. The only features I miss & wish the Taurus has is: 1. The trunk on the CC had hydraulic arms that would automatically open the lid all the way. This is nice when your arms are full. I wish the Taurus came with the same feature the Ford SUVs have where you wave your foot under the trunk and the gate opens automatically. 2. The rear windows don't have auto up/down. Seems silly, but I don't want to look back to make sure the rear window is fully down when I'm on the freeway. 3. Rain-sensing wipers. This is an available feature, but I unfortunately don't have it on mine. Rain rarely falls at a steady pace and it's annoying to constantly change the wiper speed. My CC had these 3 features, which I miss, but I certainly never say I regret switching to the Taurus. It is a fantastic car. Drives smooth & the back seat is big enough for grown adults to sit behind me comfortably. I drive an even amount city & highway & get about 23 mpg. Even if I'm only on the freeway I can only get as high as 27 mpg, so I'm not sure why it's rated at 29 highway. I have the option to use flex fuel, but I tried it once and my fuel economy dropped to 18 mpg. Would not recommend using E-85. The Taurus allows me to control my phone's music with the steering wheel. It also reads my text messages to me & I can send certain text messages through the car so I never need to interact with my phone. I researched cars nearly every day for 6 months trying to find the car with the most features for a decent price, but also still a quality product. I found the Taurus to have far more features than practically any other car, and it was also far less expensive. Other cars with similar features go for $35,000+. Even similar Honda, Chrysler, Kia and Hyundai cars went in the high twenties/low thirties, and all of them except the Chrysler 300 had less features. I was considering a 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium, but it was around $27,000 and the interior was more cramped. I would highly recommend the Taurus to anyone, but especially if you want the most features at the best price and still want quality."

Very spacious and comfortable.

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "Nice car to drive"

Cons: "Not pleased with service department at Ford."

"The vehicle has a roomy interior and the seats are very comfortable. Haven't had any real issues mechanically except for problems with the rotors at 50k. The trunk has lots of room. I average about 500 miles a week and have been getting an average of 23 mpg. I think that is pretty good for a car this size."

Nicest car I've ever owned!

By on Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Pros: "Heavy, safe, comfortable car"

Cons: "poor visibility backing up"

"I bought this Taurus with 14,000 miles to replace my 2005 Taurus that was totaled in an accident (another good car; my son walked away without a scratch!) This is a dressed down version of the Lincoln MKS and rides just as nicely. The only minor complaint I have is the rear window is very high which impairs your visibility backing up. The engine is very smooth and quiet and the seating supports your back so at the end of a long ride you don't have a sore back. I also like the SNYC especially if I'm in an area with poorly lit streets because it will give you turn by turn directions to easily get you to where you're going."