2010 Ford Taurus

Based on 260 Ratings for the 2010 - 2016 models.

4500 Lb hot rod

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "If you love to drive. This is the car for you"

Cons: "Visiability is not great hence the options."

"Goes like the wind, corners like it's on rails and is comfortable to boot. The equipment group and the performance package are a must for total enjoyment. If you prefer a more civilized ride get the limited!"

Review for Taurus SEL

By on Saturday, December 15, 2012

Pros: "Great Car/Fun to Drive"

Cons: "Shoulder/rear visibility....pay extra attention."

"Previous review by Taurus 701 was for 13 Taurus SEL not SE"

good performance sedan

By on Monday, February 13, 2012

Pros: "Performance and fit and finish."

Cons: "SHO should be more distictive exteriior."

"Vehicle has all the performance and bells and whistles for this type of car. There should be more distinction between a regular Taurus and the SHO models. The exterior should be more aggressive for the SHO models."

Luxurious sporty family car at an affordable price

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "Sharp look, excellent handling, wide tires"

Cons: "Good for its size but wish for better mpg"

"I love the feel and handling characteristics of the 2010 Ford Taurus. Quiet and powerful. It feels (and sounds) the same at 55 as it does at 80 (or more). The interior leather with heated and cooled seats are a perk worth having, and so is the sunroof. The cockpit design is roomy and comfortable with good lumbar support where it's needed. The trunk is HUGE which is important for me since I move every couple years for the military! It got my family of four and all our luggage and gifts including a Power Wheels jeep home from Christmas vacation. I get about 23 mpg in the city and 27 on the hwy. I still get compliments on how sharp this car looks, and I've had it for about 4 years now. My favorite comment was a guy who said "That car isn't your daddy's Taurus." The sharp new look combined with all the safety features makes this my favorite car owned yet. I would definitely buy another."

This is the best car I've ever driven

By on Friday, March 13, 2015

Pros: "Great ride"

"This is my second Taurus SHO, I had a 2010, and was very happy. I could not resist an upgrade to the '13. It has every thing I could want in an auto. The handling, the ride, the performance, all excellent. I routinely drive more pricey "upscale" autos including a couple of late model Mercedes Benz cars and my SHO outdoes them all. The gas mileage could be a little better, but if one drives the Ecoboost 3.5 engine conservatively, it could be better. That's not to say I drive very fast or race away from dead stops, it's that in the city and with the regular amount of traffic I encounter, my gas mileage is affected. Interesting that Ford rarely advertises the Taurus, even with the keen popular interest that I have seen with my 2010 and 2013 models. Good luck to Ford and keep up the fine work !"

very quiet, great ride, 29 plus mpg, large truck

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pros: "best ride I have had"

Cons: "turn radius little large"

"great on 600 mile trips, sync helps even with weather radar"

SHO Super High Output in All Areas

By on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pros: "smooth,great engine,fast,fun to drive,safe"

"There's not one thing I can say bad about this car! I've been a GM/Chevy girl my whole life, but Ford Taurus SHO won me over! She is smooth, sharp, fast, and abSOlutely beautiful inside, fun-to-drive, all wheel drive so I can go anywhere...The engine is one of the best sounds of my morning! I've never loved a car so much and that's sayin somethin!"

Love this car - Ford did a great job re-designing

By on Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pros: "Aggressive styling and ride, great technology"

Cons: "Would love better fuel economy"

"Until this purchase, I'd owned BMWs and Volvo's. The BMWs are terrific but I wanted an American made, lower cost, lower maintenance option while getting the latest technologies. The 2013 Taurus meets these requirements so I've been very pleased. I'd like to have better fuel economy, but, besides that, I couldn't be more impressed with the quality and engineering of my Taurus. Ford, well done!"

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

"This is one of the best cars I've ever owned and that includes my past BMW 5 series."

2011 Taurus SEL w/Rapid Spec 202

By on Sunday, April 24, 2011

"Pros- Quiet ride.Vehicle handling is pretty good.Exterior styling. Sony stereo is all the stereo you'll ever need.Trunk space is great. Numerous cup/drink holders. Sync system. Cons-Garage door opener should be standard. Trunk release button on passenger side of dashboard. Looks bigger on the outside than what it actually is on the inside. Moonroof does not automatically close when vehicle is turned off."

Best Taurus Yet

By on Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"Bought a '10 Taurus Limited recently, after seeing it and test driving it. Have owned two Tauruses previously ('89, '01). This is by far the best from a performance, looks, ride, and initial quality standpoint. Took it on a trip of 300+ miles this week and got over 28mpg in mixed (city/highway) driving. Car is exceptionally quiet at all speeds. Fit and finish is excellent. Have had people stop and tell me what a good looking car it is. An outstanding effort from Ford."

Good looking, good driving

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "Safety features"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I bought this car new, still like it after 1 and half years, still get compliments on it from complete strangers, love the safety features, the blind spot mirrors have saved me many times, it is one of my favorite features, love the built in GPS and back up camera as well. It looks good, is fun to drive and the safety features make it safe to drive as well."

Great automobile, great price, great purchase

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "Good fuel economy, very smooth ride, great seats"

"I purchased this vehicle for comfort and fuel economy. I used it as a commuter car to Los Angeles from the Central Valley in California. It is the most comfortable auto I have ever owned. With heated & cooled seats accompanied by the massager in the seat and back, it is great for commuting."

Great everyday driver year round!

By on Monday, August 12, 2013

Pros: "comforable, fun to drive, AWD works amazingly"

Cons: "Visability (can get used to it)"

"I live in Nebraska, weather gets from -10 to 110, the Taurus SHO does great in all the weather conditions, has plenty of power when I want it and does okay for fuel economy."

Great drive. Sensible Luxury, Well designed/built

By on Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Pros: "Luxury at a sensible price. Very well built"

Cons: "Rear visibility - Get reverse camera"

"If I did not see any branding on this car, I would have guessed Lincoln. The lines and layout of the interior are sleek, luxurious but sensible. From the drivers seat, eyes rarely have to leave the road. Voice recoginition controls allows most functions to be easily adjusted or utilized hands and eyes free including changing radio stations, temperature of the car, navigation. Safety features are dominant as warning systems for blind spot or cross traffic provides extra set of eyes. Rear view monitoring screen is quite large and not only shows typical distances in green yellow and red lines but also shows an additional set of dynamic white lines that show the path of the car due to the turning of the steering wheel. Adpative cruise control slows me down in traffic then speeds me back up when traffic is clear. Moisture sensing wipers and auto dimming lights allow for a more relaxing drive. Leg and back massaging bags in the heated/air conditioned seats assist in a very comfortable non stressing trip. Back passengers are treated with heated seats as well. Steering wheel is heated to provide a very comfortable drive in cool or cold weather. For a luxury sedan the exterior has a very sporty look with 20 inch polished aluminum wheels and sleek lines. The engine provides plenty of power and is very responsive and transmission is very smooth. The trunk is huge and back seats will fold down to accomodate a longer cargo if needed. Fuel economy is as advertised typical around town is about 20mpg and pushes 29mpg on the highway. My Taurus is the Limited that is option loaded and well worth every dollar. The only cons I would list are the visibility out the rear view window but with the huge backup camera display I find myself not even looking out the rear windwow much and it is quite adequate for normal forward driving. The side posts between the door causes a little blind spot on both sides, but once again the blind spot detection more than makes up for that. Highly recommend getting the "safety" options of Cross traffic detection, blind spot detection, rear view camera, adaptive cruise control. Well worth the money."

Great drive. Sensible Luxury, Well designed/built

By on Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Pros: "Luxury at a sensible price. Very well built"

Cons: "Rear visibility - Get reverse camera"

Nice car,but quality go fit and trim is lacking

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "Beautiful styling, fuel economy is reasonable"

Cons: "Interior paint defects, trim parts flimsy"

"Interior door paint was bad, service dept handled the repair of painting. The painting was good but door panels were removed that damaged other door components. Other exterior and interior parts loose rattling. Wind noise at highway speed that was not there until repairs were made. Poor craftsmenship."

So far, best I've owned!

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Comparetively ,good price"

Cons: "blind spot"

"2011 SEL, Six months in and couldn't be happier. 5,500 miles. Took a trip to Yellowstone and actually got better mileage in the mountains (30 ) than highway (28). Most comfortable long distance ride we've ever had. Leather seats with lumbar are great! Great handle through curves! An overall great driving experience! Only drawback, blind spots back left, but has (RSS) reverse sensing system."

This car demands attention...

By on Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pros: "great looks and technology for the price."

Cons: "back seat leg room is not as much as expected"

"I never thought I would own a Taurus, but getting the 2010 model with the sync system has made me a believer. I have never received so much attention for a car. Everyone loves the looks, and compliments the smooth, quiet ride. I highly recommend this car for anyone looking for the room and flexibility of a full size car, with sexy looks and great new technology, this is it!"

Excellent Car

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pros: "most everything"

Cons: "Difficult to see out the back (comes with camera)"

"This is easily the best car I have ever owned. The speed for a car of this size is amazing and the economy isn't bad. It can compare with some of the fasted luxury car models, and for the price it can compete."

Fantastic car.

By on Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pros: "A pleasure to get into every time."

Cons: "The top of the line model is pricy."

"I bought the Limited with all the gadgets (no nav) and I am still in love with it 2 years later. The metallic black paint and the 19" chrome wheels really set this car off. It is extremely comfortable, and has great handling."

Best Car out of the 35 cars i have owned

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pros: "large, comfortable, stylish, completely reliable"

Cons: "get the back-up camera"

"Be sure to get the back-up camera"

By on Thursday, February 03, 2011

Good Looking car with smooth quite ride.

By on Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Pros: "Good fit and finish with smooth firm ride"

Cons: "The firm controlled ride can get a little harsh."

"Have owned Fords for the last 50 years my first was a red 1961 390 cu in Starliner and now I have a candy red 2011 3.5L Taurus SEL. Two different cars designed to move you from place to place in style with gusto. But to say the least the Taurus does it with a lot more refinement. It has fast response when you need to go fast and stops just as well. The interior is first rate in cloth or leather and the options match a lot of cars with a lot higher price and in some cases these cars don't have some of them at all. I get 20 mpg around town with 13000 on the odometer and everything is still tight and running smooth. I do recommend either the back up sensor or the camera as you can't see much when backing up. The premium sound system by Sony is also a good option to get if you like your music. The ride is firm but not harsh except on rough roads so if you need a marsh mellow ride this isn't your car. It gets attention about any where you go is quick, quiet and responsive to steering input so that you can avoid pot holes. It's a great car for not to much cash even with a pretty long list of options installed. I'd buy another one if I needed another car."

2013 Ford Taurus SHO w/ performance package

By on Sunday, May 27, 2012

Pros: "Great Ford product!"

"I ordered a 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with performance package to replace my previous 2011 Ford Taurus SEL (which, in turn, replaced my 2008 Ford Taurus SEL). This is my third Ford Taurus in five years. The 2011 Taurus SEL was equipped with the standard 263 hp 3.5 liter engine. The 2011 model was well-built and was an excellent highway sedan, but lacked acceleration capablility. I would describe the acceleration with the standard 3.5L engine as "adequate" and the car's performance as "adequate" as well. I spec ordered the 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with the "performance package" in early April and the vehicle was delivered eight weeks later to the day. The SHO is a blazingly fast vehicle and there is simply no comparison between the SEL Taurus to the SHO package. The SHO performance package is much 'tighter' steering and ride, a stiff suspension that evens out past 70 mph, really excellent brakes and handling and just an amazing 365 hp turbocharged engine. The interior build quality is excellent and the sound-proofing is superb - very quiet interior noise. A really excellent sedan for long highway operation. My only disappointment so far is the dashboard design and guages - the tachometer is too small to be useful and the water temp guage is only a bar line - the dashboard/guages are not well laid out. The SHO with the performance package is a $10,000 or $11,000 increase in price over the SEL but the SHO with performance package is really worth the price difference. It's like going from 'family car' to 'race car' overnight - really no comparison to the two vehicles insofar as performance capability, yet at the same time, the SHO maintains an understated, solid (not flashy) appearance. An excellent choice for any person looking for a very fast and well-built sedan that can be used daily in business or commute."