2010 Ford Taurus

Based on 249 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Excellent mpg for this type auto

By on Monday, January 12, 2015

Pros: "Excellent value and trouble free auto"

Cons: "Lousy original tires"

"Only problem ever was the original tires(goodyear performance tires). Dealer replaced 2 tires. I have not had ANY other problems with this auto. These tires could not be balanced. I will never buy any auto with these type of tires!"

First American car I've owned in 20 Yrs,,Best ever

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "The car has features only found on expensive cars"

Cons: "20 miles per gallon (all wheel drive)"

"I've owned many foreign cars, and usually trade ever 3 years. I've had this car over 4 years. I started looking at other cars because I want to take this one to Colorado where I have a si home. I looked at hybrid vehicles (I get 20 MPG overall with all wheel drive) and discovered that I'm doing pretty well considering! And every time I look at another brand my car gets better. The only car I've found with all the features (safety) my car has is a very expensive Audi. But when I tried the Audi I found my car was more comfortable. The sales person agreed with me. I was going to take the car out west, but unless I buy another Tauris from Ford (or similar from Lincoln) Im just going to keep my car. I only have a little over 50,000 miles so it has a long time before I'd need to trade it in or sell it."

Nicest car I've ever owned!

By on Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Pros: "Heavy, safe, comfortable car"

Cons: "poor visibility backing up"

"I bought this Taurus with 14,000 miles to replace my 2005 Taurus that was totaled in an accident (another good car; my son walked away without a scratch!) This is a dressed down version of the Lincoln MKS and rides just as nicely. The only minor complaint I have is the rear window is very high which impairs your visibility backing up. The engine is very smooth and quiet and the seating supports your back so at the end of a long ride you don't have a sore back. I also like the SNYC especially if I'm in an area with poorly lit streets because it will give you turn by turn directions to easily get you to where you're going."

Sporty car....... if you drive like an old man

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pros: "Good drive,nice key fob, smooth capactive control."

Cons: "Noisy, loose suspension, far from luxury."

"The 6th generation Taurus is a great car for those looking for a cushy ride, simplicity of operation, and occasional nuisance from the Sync operating system. In general, the car has great steering feel for the size of car, although the large size of car still is present. Acceleration is more than adequate, although it has the svelte of a 4-cylinder. Cabin design is nice (yet niche in aesthetic) yet tight for a car with such huge exterior dimensions. Practically no other sedan is larger than the Taurus on the outside, yet the interior is on-par with the size of a mid-size sedan (i.e. the 2014 Fusion). The car is too long, too wide, too tall, and needs to go on a 200 pound diet. Capacitive controls in the cabin are sophisticated, yet a matter of taste. Lack of overall amenities is disappointing for this class of car......garage door opener, full power seats with memory, auto-down passenger window, and auto-dimming driver's side mirror should be standard on all models of this car. Keyless entry FOB is one of the best in the industry.....sleek, yet it's chrome can be damaged by key ring. Whistles, excessive wind noise, and rattles are recurrent problems. Have had into the dealership (great bunch of gentlemen), but their best efforts could not resolve the noise issues much. Interior materials are acceptable, but lack the near-luxury value of competitors. Rear seat too room is disrupted by a protrusion in the floor under the front seats and a flap at the bottom of the front seats which prevent sliding one's feet under the front seats. Windows are too narrow. Integrated wide-angle mirrors in the side mirrors are a bonus.....yet work to make up for the car's large blind spots. Bumper LED lights do not provide meaningful light and hence are a lost opportunity to function as fog lights. While every other Ford has mirror turn signal indicators, the Taurus does not. Overall the car is a nice car, if bought at a low price, but Ford chose the wrong path on too many decisions to make this car a contender shortly after its initial launch. Oh, heralding back to the comment about a car for an old man, the suspension system on the car is great for a smooth ride, although likes to bounce a lot and gives into body roll too much. I put lowering springs on mine to tighten the ride...and lower the car for better aerodynamics."

Great Car!

By on Monday, January 05, 2015

Pros: "It's real fun to drive it!"

Cons: "Sirius radio too expensive"

"Extremely pleased with the car! Experience it to believe it! Impressive exterior, Wonderful Interior, with lots of room - and a huge trunk! Very smooth driving and very comfortable and quiet. Superior Sound quality and great features! Great job!"