2009 Ford Taurus

Based on 138 Ratings for the 2008 - 2009 models.

NICE!!

By on Friday, May 09, 2008

"We purchased a Limited Taurus over a month ago. We drove it over 1300 miles from Ohio to North Carolina. Great comfort and gas milage! We got 28.5 mpg going between 70 - 75 miles per hour in the mountains! I also get 22 driving around town. I traded in a Ford Exporer for this car and I'm very glad I did. It's so runny and comfortable. The 6-speed transmission is so smooth and has plenty of power. I love this car!"

Big Ride for Meduim Car

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2008

"I traded in my gas hog F150 for a new Taurus and couldn't be happier. The mileage is even better then listed, I just got back from a 400 mile trip and averaged over 31 MPG. The car rides like a dream and has a lot of room in it for a mid range sized vehicle. The trunk is larger then any I have seen. I looked at the Accord, Sonanta, Altima and Impala and none of them gave the ride and comfort that the Taurus has. I couldn't be more pleased with it."

Very well engineered

By on Wednesday, November 12, 2008

"As a patriotic act and to help our homeland's economic situation, I was determined to find an American model that I could be at least satisfied with. I chose the '08 Taurus LTD. By price I think it falls into a market gap between std. full size sedans and the "luxury" emblems; however, after 4 months and 8500 miles I've found it to be very well engineered in hwy. gas economy, comfort, and exceedingly well engineered in sound insulation and power. With the constant variable six-speed transmission it shifts seamlessly through gears at any demand level while settling in at only around 1700 rpms at 73 mph which allows me to get between 31 and 32mpg at 73mph- not the 28 advertised. The biggest problem is that it's too easy to speed due to lack of feedback from the road and through the firewall! Finally, note the space in the passenger compartment and even the trunk- it's a land yacht!"

Best Car Ever Fantastic Ride

By on Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "gas mileage, but I knew that"

"Everything about this car is great. Lots of power AWD in the snow and ice is fantastic. Great interior space, folding rear and pass seats make it like a truck for hauling all kinds of stuff."

great american car

By on Friday, December 05, 2008

"i love this car. it feels like a luxury vehicle, but the price is a lot lower. it is also very comfortable for long trips. one down side is the floor mat gets caught on the gas pedal. overall it is a fantastic american car. would recommend it to everyone there a lot great features too many to mention"