2009 Ford Taurus

Based on 134 Ratings for the 2008 - 2009 models.

great american car

By on Friday, December 05, 2008

"i love this car. it feels like a luxury vehicle, but the price is a lot lower. it is also very comfortable for long trips. one down side is the floor mat gets caught on the gas pedal. overall it is a fantastic american car. would recommend it to everyone there a lot great features too many to mention"

Great Job, Ford

By on Thursday, May 08, 2008

"I love everything about my Taurus. Smooth transmission and powerful engine, excellent ride, and very quiet. Comfortable and spacious. Getting over 30 mpg on the highway. Very well built, with good looks."

Nice car, but Freeze Plug issue at 93000

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pros: "Comfy, roomy, powerful, great gas mileage"

Cons: "Early engine trouble, noisy interior and shifting"

"The car has a freeze plug issue. Upon determining that this needs to be repaired, I am told that it is necessary to change out the water pump and chain that drives it. Problem is, water pump is buried inside the motor. Rather than an external pump (which is most common), Ford engineers determined that putting it IN the engine was a good idea. I guess from a profit standpoint for Ford, it may have been a good financial move. However, from a consumer standpoint, this repair will likely cost me more than double what it would if the pump were external. Overall very disappointed in that fact - AND in the fact that Ford refuses to stand by it. Other than that, this is a beautiful car, roomy, comfortable, good in the snow and adverse conditions, safe and overall very nice."

Lots of room!

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, Roomy"

Cons: "Not very young/fun"

"I'm very happy with my 2008 Taurus Limited FWD. I got this car because of the large size and comfort. All of the seats in the vehicle are comfortable with plenty of room for all passengers. The trunk is extremely large so the car is great for parents. I like that the car is functional as a family vehicle but nice enough (Limited package) in terms of trimmings and options for a night out with the grown-ups. Only mechanical issue I have had is the driver's heated seat has needed repair twice. The car is a pleasure to drive on long road trips thanks to large seats and leg room plus good gas mileage on the highway."

Great car for the money - minimal complaints.

By on Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable and Roomy"

Cons: "Poor gas mileage"

"I bought a 2008 Taurus Limited used last year. I use the car to commute into the city for work daily. The interior/features are great. I fit three kids (2 in car seats) in the back comfortably. The trunk is also very spacious, and the exterior is attractive. I would not change anything with regards to Appearance"