2008 Ford Taurus

Based on 140 Ratings for the 2008 - 2009 models.

Bought used with 4085 miles

By on Friday, February 13, 2009

"Bought my 2008 Ford Taurus SEL used with 4085 miles on it. Paid $13,950. It had been "repoed" twice from two different owners according to the CarFax report. Took it to a Ford Dealer for a complete inspection and they told me this car was perfect. The car runs great, combined mileage is 24.5 MPG. The trunk in combination with the fold down back seat makes the cargo capacity exceed all expectations. Braking is spectacular, and it handles extremely well at highway speeds, it corners extremely well too. The electronic stability control is first rate. No rattles or squeaks, and at 65MPH it is surprisingly quiet. I never would have bought something like this new but for the money my 2008 Taurus SEL is a great car that meets all my requirements. No disappointments at all."

Nice Car

By on Monday, March 24, 2008

"Recently traded our 2001 black Taurus SEL for a black 2008 SEL. A really nice car!! Very quiet, handles great, good power and a really nice interior(front seats are comfortable and roomy) Way better than the Ford 500 which we tried last year. Hope to have it 7 years like the last one. Go out and support an American icon!"

Very good overall

By on Saturday, December 26, 2009

"08 Limited bought new and I drive all over the US, +60k/yr . Did not want a Taurus (kinda ugly), but when I figured the interior room, trunk space, relative fuel economy, Limited's creature comforts, and price (paid $22k for mine new), I had to go with it. I have had 0 problems in 90K miles. None. No squeeks or rattles either. After swapping the original tires for some Michelins, the ride was much better too. Over all great car but not particularly fun to drive or look at."

Great Vehicle!

By on Friday, June 12, 2009

"I love this Ford Taurus! I have owned many vehicles over the years and this is by far the most comfortable and best equipped one I've ever owned. Ford should really do a better job marketing this car because it is an extremely safe, dependable and SHARP automobile - it could certainly contend with anything the other car manufacturers have."

great value

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"My wife and I traded in a 2005 Corolla for the vehicle and we couldn't be more pleased. We purchased the vehicle in Nov. 07 and the heating system work great right off the bat. We now have 15,563 miles on the vehicle and on a recent 2300 mile trek, all back roads through PA to VA to NC to GA and SC and back home we average 33.4 MPG highway and 24 city. We used cruise control on the highways (about 2000 miles) with it set at 65 as well as air conditioning the entire time. The leg room and seat support is tremendous and very comfortable. Dials are easy to use, you sit up high, and the overall ride, even on two lane highways with car whizzing by is very quiet. Well done Ford. Next time, however, a little more style."