2008 Ford Taurus

Based on 141 Ratings for the 2008 - 2009 models.

Roomy, comfortable, efficient.

By on Saturday, November 28, 2015

Pros: "Room, comfort, power, economy."

Cons: "Styling, doesn't seat six."

"We have two 2008 Taurus' and love them. Very Reliable. Good power and excellent gas mileage for it's size. Very Comfortable. Great value. However, I do wish it had an option for a center front seat instead of the console to seat 6 if needed. For comparison I had a smaller Mercury Milan and it was rough riding, less comfortable and got the same gas mileage as the Taurus. And I had a 2008 Chevy Impala and both the engine and trans leaked fluid and the tranny had minor shifting issues."

Great Car for tall people

By on Thursday, September 10, 2015

Pros: "Plenty of room, front, back and ceiling"

Cons: "Large empty car when kids go to college! : ("

"We bought this car because it was the only 4 dr sedan with plenty of rear head space and leg room. 6 ft 3 in boys fit very comfortably in the back and trunk large enough for groceries to feed them! Ride excellent but so smooth almost puts you to sleep. Great car for families. 8 cup holders."

This Taurus is well made and stylish...

By on Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Pros: "size, speed, comfort, style..."

Cons: "lousy gas mileage....14 city/ 22 road"

"This body style Taurus is not only nice looking and comfortable, but it has plenty of room in the cabin and trunk!! As a big guy, it's fits well and is roomier than one would think. Mine is sage green and has a modern looking front on it even though it is 7 years old. Love the front grill, the fog lights, the Mercedes style rear lights, the trunk size, and the speed. It has the 24 valve DOHC DuraTec engine which has 263 horsepower. Love to sit at a light and have some loser behind me think I'm a slowpoke. When I leave him in the dust, I get some real satisfaction!!!!"

A great car for traveling or for family.

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage, room for luggage and other items"

Cons: "Has a blind spot that could be tricky."

"I have had this car for approximately seven years. During that time I have driven from upstate New York to California and back, plus to Colorado and back at least four times. Several times to Florida and back also. Never an issue. This car would hold four passengers and a load of luggage with no problem. My husband took three friends golfing. All four sets of clubs fit into the trunk. The mileage is good, the ride is very good and the seats are comfortable.It is easy to enter and exit, no ducking needed. The controls on the dash are user friendly, easy to identify, unlike some cars where you have to read the manual to turn on the heat. Actually, my sister has the exact same car, bought without my knowledge. She feels exactly the same about the ease and comfort of the car.The only things I have replaced are tires and brakes which would have to be done to any care with 128000 miles on it."

Great value for a reliable, spacious vehicle.

By on Sunday, May 11, 2014

Pros: "Price / Quality / Quiet Ride / Cabin Space"

Cons: "Exterior is meh"

"I got this car from a former Farmer's Insurance employee (they used these as company cars) at around 55,000 miles. I'm at 90,000 miles now and haven't had any problems. The original battery is still in this thing. I had to change out the rear breaks, as they were grinding -- but other than that I haven't touched a thing. Very smooth ride, extremely spacious, and very safe. Considering what I paid for this, I recommend this car to anyone who wants a high quality vehicle w/o the high price."