2008 Ford Taurus

Based on 140 Ratings for the 2008 - 2009 models.

NICE!!

By on Friday, May 9, 2008

"We purchased a Limited Taurus over a month ago. We drove it over 1300 miles from Ohio to North Carolina. Great comfort and gas milage! We got 28.5 mpg going between 70 - 75 miles per hour in the mountains! I also get 22 driving around town. I traded in a Ford Exporer for this car and I'm very glad I did. It's so runny and comfortable. The 6-speed transmission is so smooth and has plenty of power. I love this car!"

Big Ride for Meduim Car

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2008

"I traded in my gas hog F150 for a new Taurus and couldn't be happier. The mileage is even better then listed, I just got back from a 400 mile trip and averaged over 31 MPG. The car rides like a dream and has a lot of room in it for a mid range sized vehicle. The trunk is larger then any I have seen. I looked at the Accord, Sonanta, Altima and Impala and none of them gave the ride and comfort that the Taurus has. I couldn't be more pleased with it."

Very well engineered

By on Wednesday, November 12, 2008

"As a patriotic act and to help our homeland's economic situation, I was determined to find an American model that I could be at least satisfied with. I chose the '08 Taurus LTD. By price I think it falls into a market gap between std. full size sedans and the "luxury" emblems; however, after 4 months and 8500 miles I've found it to be very well engineered in hwy. gas economy, comfort, and exceedingly well engineered in sound insulation and power. With the constant variable six-speed transmission it shifts seamlessly through gears at any demand level while settling in at only around 1700 rpms at 73 mph which allows me to get between 31 and 32mpg at 73mph- not the 28 advertised. The biggest problem is that it's too easy to speed due to lack of feedback from the road and through the firewall! Finally, note the space in the passenger compartment and even the trunk- it's a land yacht!"

Best Car Ever Fantastic Ride

By on Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "gas mileage, but I knew that"

"Everything about this car is great. Lots of power AWD in the snow and ice is fantastic. Great interior space, folding rear and pass seats make it like a truck for hauling all kinds of stuff."

Nice car, but Freeze Plug issue at 93000

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pros: "Comfy, roomy, powerful, great gas mileage"

Cons: "Early engine trouble, noisy interior and shifting"

"The car has a freeze plug issue. Upon determining that this needs to be repaired, I am told that it is necessary to change out the water pump and chain that drives it. Problem is, water pump is buried inside the motor. Rather than an external pump (which is most common), Ford engineers determined that putting it IN the engine was a good idea. I guess from a profit standpoint for Ford, it may have been a good financial move. However, from a consumer standpoint, this repair will likely cost me more than double what it would if the pump were external. Overall very disappointed in that fact - AND in the fact that Ford refuses to stand by it. Other than that, this is a beautiful car, roomy, comfortable, good in the snow and adverse conditions, safe and overall very nice."

great american car

By on Friday, December 5, 2008

"i love this car. it feels like a luxury vehicle, but the price is a lot lower. it is also very comfortable for long trips. one down side is the floor mat gets caught on the gas pedal. overall it is a fantastic american car. would recommend it to everyone there a lot great features too many to mention"

Great Job, Ford

By on Thursday, May 8, 2008

"I love everything about my Taurus. Smooth transmission and powerful engine, excellent ride, and very quiet. Comfortable and spacious. Getting over 30 mpg on the highway. Very well built, with good looks."

Lots of room!

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, Roomy"

Cons: "Not very young/fun"

"I'm very happy with my 2008 Taurus Limited FWD. I got this car because of the large size and comfort. All of the seats in the vehicle are comfortable with plenty of room for all passengers. The trunk is extremely large so the car is great for parents. I like that the car is functional as a family vehicle but nice enough (Limited package) in terms of trimmings and options for a night out with the grown-ups. Only mechanical issue I have had is the driver's heated seat has needed repair twice. The car is a pleasure to drive on long road trips thanks to large seats and leg room plus good gas mileage on the highway."

Great car for the money - minimal complaints.

By on Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable and Roomy"

Cons: "Poor gas mileage"

"I bought a 2008 Taurus Limited used last year. I use the car to commute into the city for work daily. The interior/features are great. I fit three kids (2 in car seats) in the back comfortably. The trunk is also very spacious, and the exterior is attractive. I would not change anything with regards to Appearance"

above expectations

By on Monday, January 31, 2011

"Quick off the line 0-60 sec times of 6.8 (C&D) not telling whole story...switches from 2nd to 3rd gear at 58 mph...0-58 time is ~6.0 sec on my 2008 SEL FWD V6...broke in with 62,000 miles. That is fast...especially considering size of car much bigger than accord & maxima...in a larger class. Best car for the money new and especially used. Smooth ride. Roomy yet not grandpa car at all. Passengers guess its a Lexus, avalon or maxima when inside and unaware of its make/model. Next will buy $400 computer chip/programmer adding ~21 HP, $300 cat-back exhaust adding ~12 HP and $50 K&N filter adding ~5 HP. Will soon have ~300 HP easily beating accord (auto V6), maxima V6 and avalon V6 from 0-60 mph...can't wait to eat their lunch at a stop sign. Only $750 in upgrades and still cheaper for a better performing car and also a safer vehicle 5 star all around rating, platform is same as volvo. Nothing like the old taurus. I highly recommend. Accord, maxima and avalon are overrated & overpriced."

Bought used with 4085 miles

By on Friday, February 13, 2009

"Bought my 2008 Ford Taurus SEL used with 4085 miles on it. Paid $13,950. It had been "repoed" twice from two different owners according to the CarFax report. Took it to a Ford Dealer for a complete inspection and they told me this car was perfect. The car runs great, combined mileage is 24.5 MPG. The trunk in combination with the fold down back seat makes the cargo capacity exceed all expectations. Braking is spectacular, and it handles extremely well at highway speeds, it corners extremely well too. The electronic stability control is first rate. No rattles or squeaks, and at 65MPH it is surprisingly quiet. I never would have bought something like this new but for the money my 2008 Taurus SEL is a great car that meets all my requirements. No disappointments at all."

Nice Car

By on Monday, March 24, 2008

"Recently traded our 2001 black Taurus SEL for a black 2008 SEL. A really nice car!! Very quiet, handles great, good power and a really nice interior(front seats are comfortable and roomy) Way better than the Ford 500 which we tried last year. Hope to have it 7 years like the last one. Go out and support an American icon!"

Very good overall

By on Saturday, December 26, 2009

"08 Limited bought new and I drive all over the US, +60k/yr . Did not want a Taurus (kinda ugly), but when I figured the interior room, trunk space, relative fuel economy, Limited's creature comforts, and price (paid $22k for mine new), I had to go with it. I have had 0 problems in 90K miles. None. No squeeks or rattles either. After swapping the original tires for some Michelins, the ride was much better too. Over all great car but not particularly fun to drive or look at."

Great Vehicle!

By on Friday, June 12, 2009

"I love this Ford Taurus! I have owned many vehicles over the years and this is by far the most comfortable and best equipped one I've ever owned. Ford should really do a better job marketing this car because it is an extremely safe, dependable and SHARP automobile - it could certainly contend with anything the other car manufacturers have."

great value

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"My wife and I traded in a 2005 Corolla for the vehicle and we couldn't be more pleased. We purchased the vehicle in Nov. 07 and the heating system work great right off the bat. We now have 15,563 miles on the vehicle and on a recent 2300 mile trek, all back roads through PA to VA to NC to GA and SC and back home we average 33.4 MPG highway and 24 city. We used cruise control on the highways (about 2000 miles) with it set at 65 as well as air conditioning the entire time. The leg room and seat support is tremendous and very comfortable. Dials are easy to use, you sit up high, and the overall ride, even on two lane highways with car whizzing by is very quiet. Well done Ford. Next time, however, a little more style."

great dependable car; great looks; proud of it

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "great mpg interstate and stylish looks"

Cons: "only 21 mpg in city"

"I can rely on this beauty going fast when I need it and cruising at 28mpg for good gas mileage. I don't like the city 21 mpg but I can live with it because it is sturdy, dependable in traffic and good interior features for convenience like heated seats in winter, navigation system, great audio for sound, good leather, quiet engine, and alot of room in trunk and back seat."

Great large car

By on Wednesday, September 9, 2009

"I purchased this car 4 months ago. Now it has about 3000 milage and everything works smoothly. This is an amazingly comfort and quite car with a lot of space. I owned a Honda accord and an old taurus and drove many rental cars from days to a week or two before. Compared with these cars, the new taurus definitely offers much more space, comfort and driving pleasure. Although many people don't like the car style, I am quite impressed by its look. It is quite an excitement to own the car. Maybe, FORD made a right decision to upgrade the brand taurus with their best technology. The 2010 version looks very impressive. Somehow, I think the car is not very fuel-efficient. I am getting lower mileage per gallon than the reported numbers by others on my taurus. The highway mileage is around 23 mpg. Plus, the car is still expensive, although people understand this is a different new f500."

Great for the city, terrible in the country

By on Sunday, January 18, 2009

"We purchased this car because we loved our previous Taurus and really like the safty and comfort of the vehicle. It does not handle in any more than 4 inches of snow. By December I had been stuck 4 times and the sensors all go off continually in the extreme cold. We also found that once you are stuck, there is nothing to hook a tow rope to that isn't going to bend or break. Our prevous Taurus walked though all the weather like a champ and we expected nothing less with this one....Big mistake for us...Lesson learned- Don't by a vehicle unless you know what conditions it can handle."

Great Car!

By on Wednesday, October 1, 2008

"We love this car. We were never crazy about the styling, but bought it for the safety, spaciousness and value. And, it has exceeded expectations! It travels really well. Lots of backseat legroom. This summer we took it for a long trip up north with three adults, one child and lots of stuff! It was very comfortable even on long travel days. For the entire trip, it averaged 25.7 mpg and that includes all of the local around town trips throughout the week and 70 to 80 mph on the highway. We drive it pretty hard. Check it out, it's a very good car."

fits me, quiet, comfortable, peppy.

By on Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Pros: "Quiet, roomy, giant trunk"

Cons: "ignition slot does not have a guide (have to look to see where key goes)"

"Traded in an '07 Accord, which was a trouble free, good gas mileage car. Best car move that i ever did. Gets 27mpg vs 34mpg in the Honda, but that is the only drawback. Trunk is massive, rear seat like a limo, I sit up high and can see the road and can carry on a conversation at 75mph. Love SYNC!"

Style isn't everything

By on Thursday, September 23, 2010

"2009 SEL purchased used 8K miles. Now 18 months later 26K and not a single problem. Averages 22-24 mixed highway/city. Once got 31mpg on a 200 mile trip. On this same trip I forgot we were not in my F150 Supercrew and bought 3 ladderback kitchen chairs. Thought we were in trouble because my wife's sister and husband didn't feel like walking back home. All 3 chairs went in the trunk along with our suitcases and small ice chest and other misc. flea marketing plunder. Wife's sister and husband stretched out in back seat and we all rode comfortably home. Now we take the Taurus just about as often as we take the F150. This is one great car."

Love the space and handling!

By on Saturday, April 10, 2010

"I absolutely love this vehicle. I was a "soccer mom" with a mini-van and traded that in for the Taurus. I have packed for 5 people tent camping and fit it all in the trunk!!! Groceries are a breeze. Its sporty, fun to drive and right now I'm getting 25-26 MPG. Beautiful car."

Great size family car

By on Sunday, October 25, 2009

"Have ownes it 2 years and 13k of flawless ride..noisier then the Lincoln T.C. but has more useable trunk space. comfortable ride. daughter and wife love to drive it."

Highly Recommend

By on Friday, September 25, 2009

"Excellent ride, so smooth I tend to speed without realizing how fast I am going. Will buy another. Everyone in my family drives a Taurus because they liked mine."

Great value

By on Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"The one I currently drive is a company fleet car. However, I am so impressed I plan on finding a good used one to purchase for myself, it's that good. 65k, not one problem or issue. Regular service, tires and wipers only."