2008 Ford Taurus

Based on 140 Ratings for the 2008 - 2009 models.

NICE!!

By on Friday, May 9, 2008

"We purchased a Limited Taurus over a month ago. We drove it over 1300 miles from Ohio to North Carolina. Great comfort and gas milage! We got 28.5 mpg going between 70 - 75 miles per hour in the mountains! I also get 22 driving around town. I traded in a Ford Exporer for this car and I'm very glad I did. It's so runny and comfortable. The 6-speed transmission is so smooth and has plenty of power. I love this car!"

Big Ride for Meduim Car

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2008

"I traded in my gas hog F150 for a new Taurus and couldn't be happier. The mileage is even better then listed, I just got back from a 400 mile trip and averaged over 31 MPG. The car rides like a dream and has a lot of room in it for a mid range sized vehicle. The trunk is larger then any I have seen. I looked at the Accord, Sonanta, Altima and Impala and none of them gave the ride and comfort that the Taurus has. I couldn't be more pleased with it."

Very well engineered

By on Wednesday, November 12, 2008

"As a patriotic act and to help our homeland's economic situation, I was determined to find an American model that I could be at least satisfied with. I chose the '08 Taurus LTD. By price I think it falls into a market gap between std. full size sedans and the "luxury" emblems; however, after 4 months and 8500 miles I've found it to be very well engineered in hwy. gas economy, comfort, and exceedingly well engineered in sound insulation and power. With the constant variable six-speed transmission it shifts seamlessly through gears at any demand level while settling in at only around 1700 rpms at 73 mph which allows me to get between 31 and 32mpg at 73mph- not the 28 advertised. The biggest problem is that it's too easy to speed due to lack of feedback from the road and through the firewall! Finally, note the space in the passenger compartment and even the trunk- it's a land yacht!"

Best Car Ever Fantastic Ride

By on Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "gas mileage, but I knew that"

"Everything about this car is great. Lots of power AWD in the snow and ice is fantastic. Great interior space, folding rear and pass seats make it like a truck for hauling all kinds of stuff."

Nice car, but Freeze Plug issue at 93000

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pros: "Comfy, roomy, powerful, great gas mileage"

Cons: "Early engine trouble, noisy interior and shifting"

"The car has a freeze plug issue. Upon determining that this needs to be repaired, I am told that it is necessary to change out the water pump and chain that drives it. Problem is, water pump is buried inside the motor. Rather than an external pump (which is most common), Ford engineers determined that putting it IN the engine was a good idea. I guess from a profit standpoint for Ford, it may have been a good financial move. However, from a consumer standpoint, this repair will likely cost me more than double what it would if the pump were external. Overall very disappointed in that fact - AND in the fact that Ford refuses to stand by it. Other than that, this is a beautiful car, roomy, comfortable, good in the snow and adverse conditions, safe and overall very nice."

great american car

By on Friday, December 5, 2008

"i love this car. it feels like a luxury vehicle, but the price is a lot lower. it is also very comfortable for long trips. one down side is the floor mat gets caught on the gas pedal. overall it is a fantastic american car. would recommend it to everyone there a lot great features too many to mention"

Great Job, Ford

By on Thursday, May 8, 2008

"I love everything about my Taurus. Smooth transmission and powerful engine, excellent ride, and very quiet. Comfortable and spacious. Getting over 30 mpg on the highway. Very well built, with good looks."

Lots of room!

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, Roomy"

Cons: "Not very young/fun"

"I'm very happy with my 2008 Taurus Limited FWD. I got this car because of the large size and comfort. All of the seats in the vehicle are comfortable with plenty of room for all passengers. The trunk is extremely large so the car is great for parents. I like that the car is functional as a family vehicle but nice enough (Limited package) in terms of trimmings and options for a night out with the grown-ups. Only mechanical issue I have had is the driver's heated seat has needed repair twice. The car is a pleasure to drive on long road trips thanks to large seats and leg room plus good gas mileage on the highway."

Great car for the money - minimal complaints.

By on Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable and Roomy"

Cons: "Poor gas mileage"

"I bought a 2008 Taurus Limited used last year. I use the car to commute into the city for work daily. The interior/features are great. I fit three kids (2 in car seats) in the back comfortably. The trunk is also very spacious, and the exterior is attractive. I would not change anything with regards to Appearance"

above expectations

By on Monday, January 31, 2011

"Quick off the line 0-60 sec times of 6.8 (C&D) not telling whole story...switches from 2nd to 3rd gear at 58 mph...0-58 time is ~6.0 sec on my 2008 SEL FWD V6...broke in with 62,000 miles. That is fast...especially considering size of car much bigger than accord & maxima...in a larger class. Best car for the money new and especially used. Smooth ride. Roomy yet not grandpa car at all. Passengers guess its a Lexus, avalon or maxima when inside and unaware of its make/model. Next will buy $400 computer chip/programmer adding ~21 HP, $300 cat-back exhaust adding ~12 HP and $50 K&N filter adding ~5 HP. Will soon have ~300 HP easily beating accord (auto V6), maxima V6 and avalon V6 from 0-60 mph...can't wait to eat their lunch at a stop sign. Only $750 in upgrades and still cheaper for a better performing car and also a safer vehicle 5 star all around rating, platform is same as volvo. Nothing like the old taurus. I highly recommend. Accord, maxima and avalon are overrated & overpriced."