2007 Ford Taurus

7.8

Based on 1334 Ratings for the 2000 - 2007 models.

Strong Car

By on Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pros: "Low maint. Decent MPG. Comfortable. Reliable,fast"

Cons: "side airbag leather covers want to peel away"

"Bought a 2000 Taurus sel w/ 170000 miles in 2010. Still running strong with over 273000 on it. Great in snow handles well and the 3.0 liter dohc has plenty of power. Only did brakes rotors muffler shocks coil packs, air filter and oil changes since owning. Wouldnt shift out of park one day,thought tranny was dead. It was only a teflon bushing connecting the shifter to the tranny. Found a video on Youtube on how to fix and got one from junkyard for $4.00. Easy fix under the hood. Very reliable and strong car."

Extremely reliable

By on Thursday, December 08, 2011

Pros: "Great value over the long haul"

Cons: "Interior leather door panels peel in 3 years"

"This has been the best car I have very owned. It currently has 293,000 miles and in the last month I replaced the fuel pump. That is the ONLY repair to this vehicle besides normal maintainence."

Best Car for its Value

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

Pros: "great price, roomy, extremely reliable"

Cons: "bad gas mileage"

"I was car shopping for three months until I found my 2002 Taurus and literally it was the best car I even touched. Hardly any dings, flawless interior, and to top it all off - it sounded smooth. No clicks, no chimes. The transmission is a little clunky when you go from park to reverse and such, but it was perfect. I take turns pretty fast for the size of this vehicle and I still haven't had any issues, so I can't relate to the other responses. After a replaced water pump, broke A/C unit (shorter belts are miracles), and an replaced engine sensor, it's still not a bad vehicle and cheap to repair. It's hard to steal (starter is located underneath) and no one really has any motivation to - thus better insurance rates. I just had my car broken into three days ago and he stole everything but was unable to steal my car. It's extremely comfortable and runs amazing for a 10 year old vehicle and I only paid 3,500 (at the dealer!). It's the perfect car for a beginning driver who needs a reliable vehicle. The transmission and engines in this model (if taken care of properly) can outshine a few others regardless on how well you treat those. My engine still sounds like the first day I turned my Taurus on and same with my transmission. I've driven it for about a year now and I believe I can still get about three more years out of it. Definitely wouldn't be surprised if I got even five more years out of it. Even though its a big of a gas hog, it's well worth the pros and I believe it is the best American made sedan. (Though avoid the 2000, 2001 models... found them to be not as satisfactory)."

Wish they still made it - solid, comfort.

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Pros: "Predictable handling, performance, Comfort."

Cons: "No MPG improvement in 20 years of production."

"Very solid feel, predictable handling and performance. 29 - 30 MPG highway, 21 - 22 city. Had 1987 model. 2004 improved steering and handling, otherwise no improvements in 17 years. Ford could have done wonders with this car with a few tweaks to the engine electronics to improve MPG. Minor $$'s on this one could have made the Fusion unnecessary. Still, it's a much better car than the Fusion (own a 2010 model). Better in many ways than the new Taurus /500. Much more comfortable than the Fusion, more usable power, more room. Why did they stop making it?"

best vehicle ever

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Pros: "space, great gas milleage, seats 8 legally"

Cons: "tight leg room for rear seats, knobs seem to break"

"I have had this car for over 11 years and its been amazing. I do a lot of highway driving and live in MI in the summers and SC in the winters. I've always kept up on the genernal maintence. It doesn't have super pick-up and I don't haul things, but its never broken down on me either. Around 110k miles the gas gauge went out and now I keep track of my gas based on miles. I'm not sure if its the way I drive or just this perticular car, but I get roughly 30miles to the gallon on the highways and 24 in the cities. Around 170K miles, the AC compresser went down, though I still think it had to do with dealership adding liquid to the high pressure side (a mechanic friend not with a dealership drained it and found liquid in the gas side after I had it at the dealership cause I believe I was low on freon. Thats a whole nother story) Around 200k I had to have gaskets replaced just because they were getting old, and the mechanic told me the car looks great underneath and that its a good engine and should make 300k. Thats my hope. I also love that the rear seats fold down flat because there is enough space then to put a full size blow-up mattress (car camping). I have been searching for new cars, and I just can't find anything that I love as much as this one."