2007 Ford Taurus

7.8

Based on 1325 Ratings for the 2000 - 2007 models.

Excellent Car Super Reliable!!

By on Thursday, December 08, 2011

"I got this car two years ago with 177,000 miles, i was a litter scare because of the high miles, but my brother who owns a small time business of used cars, told me to go for it, that they are very good cars. He was right in more than two years this car have never felt me, never stop taking me to work ( i drive it 60 miles daily some miles around home). Excellent family and transportation car, i love it and will buy another for sure!"

Gets me where i need to go!!!

By on Monday, August 22, 2011

"I bought this car 3 years ago, at about 55,000 miles. it was a previous used car. the only down side of mine is that it seems that the fuel gage doesn't work properly. it only fills 3/4 full. mechanic said my fuel pump is fine..still trying to figure out why it does that. but overall the car is great. i feel it has a lot of room compared to alero or g6. I feel that it drives very smooth and has great mileage!!!"

Strong Car

By on Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pros: "Low maint. Decent MPG. Comfortable. Reliable,fast"

Cons: "side airbag leather covers want to peel away"

"Bought a 2000 Taurus sel w/ 170000 miles in 2010. Still running strong with over 273000 on it. Great in snow handles well and the 3.0 liter dohc has plenty of power. Only did brakes rotors muffler shocks coil packs, air filter and oil changes since owning. Wouldnt shift out of park one day,thought tranny was dead. It was only a teflon bushing connecting the shifter to the tranny. Found a video on Youtube on how to fix and got one from junkyard for $4.00. Easy fix under the hood. Very reliable and strong car."

Extremely reliable

By on Thursday, December 08, 2011

Pros: "Great value over the long haul"

Cons: "Interior leather door panels peel in 3 years"

"This has been the best car I have very owned. It currently has 293,000 miles and in the last month I replaced the fuel pump. That is the ONLY repair to this vehicle besides normal maintainence."

Best Car for its Value

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

Pros: "great price, roomy, extremely reliable"

Cons: "bad gas mileage"

"I was car shopping for three months until I found my 2002 Taurus and literally it was the best car I even touched. Hardly any dings, flawless interior, and to top it all off - it sounded smooth. No clicks, no chimes. The transmission is a little clunky when you go from park to reverse and such, but it was perfect. I take turns pretty fast for the size of this vehicle and I still haven't had any issues, so I can't relate to the other responses. After a replaced water pump, broke A/C unit (shorter belts are miracles), and an replaced engine sensor, it's still not a bad vehicle and cheap to repair. It's hard to steal (starter is located underneath) and no one really has any motivation to - thus better insurance rates. I just had my car broken into three days ago and he stole everything but was unable to steal my car. It's extremely comfortable and runs amazing for a 10 year old vehicle and I only paid 3,500 (at the dealer!). It's the perfect car for a beginning driver who needs a reliable vehicle. The transmission and engines in this model (if taken care of properly) can outshine a few others regardless on how well you treat those. My engine still sounds like the first day I turned my Taurus on and same with my transmission. I've driven it for about a year now and I believe I can still get about three more years out of it. Definitely wouldn't be surprised if I got even five more years out of it. Even though its a big of a gas hog, it's well worth the pros and I believe it is the best American made sedan. (Though avoid the 2000, 2001 models... found them to be not as satisfactory)."