2007 Ford Taurus

7.8

Based on 1292 Ratings for the 2000 - 2007 models.

A good combination of features at reasonable cost

By on Friday, September 05, 2014

"I owned a virtually identical 2002 Taurus before owning the 2004. Both were a good value and the right combination of features. There were some electrical issues with both, but no major problems. I like the seats, driving position, visibility. I like it running on regular (getting around 18 in regular driving and 21-25 on the freeway. Trunk could be better lit."

This car can't handle many short trips and city dr

By on Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pros: "Cheap, decent exterior and interior, cheap repairs"

Cons: "NOT reliable at all. Not for the big city!"

"This car is my first car, and it makes for a decent first car. Repairs are cheap on this car, but they really seem to be never ending! This car has issues doing a lot of idling and city driving. This car seems like it does great on interstates and long trips. As far as gas mileage is concerned, I'd give this car a moderate rating. It gets horrible gas mileage in the big city...especially in rush hour driving! This car seems to have its own weird personality and needs to be babied a lot. It works for myself, a college student who doesn't do a ton of driving...but I still want something more reliable. I love the fact my Taurus SE 2000 is built in Chicago, IL, USA!! I love the Ford motor company, but this car could have been designed a whole lot better IMHO."

good reliable car

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

"starts in the coldest weather"

Very nice car drives great

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, Great Gas Mileage"

Cons: "Transmission"

"I bought this car used from a dealer in Garden Grove CA. The dealer kept telling me I should buy the extended warranty on the car because even with 51,818 miles the transmission might have problems.. I didn't, and it did. I had the computer control unit replaced at $1300.00 and it still slips once and a while.. The car also had no heat when I bought it, so $185.00 repair.. It also had an after market security system that would go on and stop the car from being drivable. However, once I took that off the car has run very well and I drive it every place. I have the 100th anniversary edition so it has all the options. I get great gas mileage, over 29 hwy when the tires are inflated correctly. I would buy this car again, but I think I would have test driven it a little more.."

The perfect first car!

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pros: "Nice audio sound, Roomy, Large trunk"

Cons: "GAS GUZZLER!"

"My Taurus has just over 187400 miles on it. It still runs great and gets me from A to B. Although my dad (i'm only 16) has put a lot of work into keeping the car running, parts are very cheap. The taurus is very easy to repair as well. If you're looking for a fun car, this isn't your answer. But, it has nice control on every surface, and is very good in snow and rain. Over all, The 2001 Ford Taurus is a fantastic car!!!"