2006 Ford Taurus

7.8

Based on 1345 Ratings for the 2000 - 2007 models.

My second Ford Taurus

By on Sunday, February 01, 2009

"I have 2004 Taurus which I bought used at the end of 2005. It currently has 102200 miles and still runs well. It has held up well with two drivers, one with a tendency toward a lead foot. Very reliable with great highway mileage, even with a full load. So far, it has only needed routine maintenance, tires and rotors. Note: Does require driving with more caution on wet roads. Two full sized adults can comfortably ride in the back seat. Great trunk space."

Perfect for Salesman

By on Friday, July 06, 2007

"I am on the road a lot. This car is comfortable, dependable, quick, with great mileage. What more can you ask for?"

Best car I've ever had. I am 64y.o.

By on Thursday, March 26, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable, easy and fun to drive. made well."

Cons: "After age10 repairs start."

"Drives very well even now, at age 15. Still very comfortable and made well. Powerful car. We always felt very safe inside it."

Never another Ford car for this guy

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Reason: tired of putting money in it

Pros: "LOL REALLY NO PROS"

Cons: "TOOOOO MANY TO LIST NEVER AGAIN"

"Wow thought I got a good deal on this car in 2008. It had 65000 miles on it and I purchased it for just over 6000 dollars. This car was okay for about 2 years and then everything started going wrong. Normal wear items I understand, tires, brakes. First of all the suspension on these cars are awful. Had to replace rear springs,shocks,struts. Front wheel baring's,stabilizer links, you name it. Heater quit working (needed new heater core) 400 parts and labor. And to top it off the blower would blow hard for about 30 min and then you could still feel the ac/heat but there was no force behind the blower. But the blower motor was not bad so I'm guessing it was maybe and actuator motor. I was so glad to get rid of this piece of junk and get my nice 2012 Honda Accord oh by the way with only 13500 miles on the Honda. I will never buy another Ford car again. Do love Ford trucks."

I love this car! Very easy to maintain.

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pros: "Very reliable, easy to maintain, comfortable seats"

Cons: "No CD player, hideaway console"

"I have owned this car for almost 13 years and have had to repair it only 3 times. Routine maintenance has kept this car running smoothly for years. The air conditioner was replaced after 11 years and approximately 157,000 miles. I'm very pleased with the overall performance of the car. This car is still being driven every day to work and I have no plans to trade it in or sell it. I'm a very happy and satisfied Ford customer!!"