2005 Ford Taurus

7.8

Based on 1334 Ratings for the 2000 - 2007 models.

Yes, 430,000 miles on same engine & transmission

By on Saturday, June 22, 2013

Pros: "Great car for what I used it for."

Cons: "Only seats 5. Sometimes that's a good thing."

"I bought a 2000 Ford Taurus SES when it was a year old with 18,000 miles on it. I put more that 412,000 miles on it myself. Long commutes in snow, ice, rain, heat. Dropped the back seat and hauled my skis and snowboard in it. Only regular maintenance and occasionally replacing the items normally expected to wear out - tires, battery, alternator, starter, water pump, O2 sensors, etc., except it had a front spring break at about 300,000 miles that ruined a tire and had to replace a rear axle bearing before that. Neither one a big deal. Bigger deals were parking lot fender benders, vandalism and hitting a deer. Never any major issues with the engine or the transmission, and never left me stranded, until I pushed my luck on a battered radiator - 430,000 miles of bug hits flattens radiator fins pretty well. The engine overheated this week and it needs to be replaced. Just barely replaced the muffler for the first time! Even with 430,000 miles on the car, I'm considering dropping $3k to have a used engine put in and see how much further it will go."

Comfortable, good gas mileage 24-27+;

By on Thursday, December 06, 2012

Pros: "Gas Mileage; Dependable; reasonable up-keep;"

Cons: "Had some repairs at this mileage."

"Bought used, Dec. 2011; 74000 miles. I drive 500-600 miles a week. 24V 6 cyl. gets good mileage-24-27+ if you drive fairly conservative, use cruise. At that mileage, I did have some repairs come up. Kept oil changed. Overall, good, dependable car. Good size, comfortable car that gets good gas mileage for its size."

Solid commuter & everyday car....

By on Saturday, January 10, 2009

"Although there are plenty of cars that look and perform better that these cars, you can not beat them for value. I have a 2002 SES that has 135,000 on it, and it has been a solid and realiable car that I can depend on. I keep mine well maintained, and if you do you won't have the transmission troubles that some speak of. I guarantee that most of the people that have had tranny problems in these cars did not bother to have the transmission fluid and filter changes at the proper intervals."

I've had this car for two years

By on Friday, September 20, 2013

Pros: "its a cool car and fun"

Cons: "No spoiler"

"I've had this car for two years and have been satisfied ever since. its comfortable reliable very roomy and even though its 11 years old its like new to me. i LOVE the automatic seat on the drivers side that suits my comfort. as far as performance its done me absoulutely well so far! havent driven it out of town but going from one side of town to the next this car has some pretty good get up!!! other than normal wear and tear if taken very good care of you will get good life and performance out of this car. im very pleased with this car and i would recommend it to anyone unless of course you want something brand new and sporty. that's a different story but if you're looking to get something nice reliable and sporty. this is your car! #two years stong no serious problems normal wear and tear. i have leather, sunroof, automatic seat on drivers side super spacious trunk hands down this car is a really good car."

Great Car a few repairs but over all great car.

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Reason: No ac

Pros: "a lot of rooms, and comfortable"

Cons: "stero needs to be better."

"I brought the car at 127k and i'm now at 150k and i have replaced the battery, fuel pump, fuel injector,Colant hose, coil pack, Starter, Brakes and roders, and my struts are going out and need replaced. and my A/C hasn't worked since i purchased the car. But other than that its a great car could maybe get a little bit better gas mileage and a better stereo system but other than that its been a runner and its still my daily driver."