2005 Ford Taurus

7.8

Based on 1305 Ratings for the 2000 - 2007 models.

Needed more repairs than my other Tauruses.

By on Saturday, December 13, 2014

Pros: "Good value at time of purchase"

Cons: "Disappointed in repair needs before 100,000 mi."

"Bought car used, low mileage, was good reliable car for several years, but at 10 years of age, repairs for rust and dry rot seemed to escalate around 79,000-82,000 miles. I do not recall my past two Tauruses costing so much in repairs at this point on the odometer, had driven both for over 100,000 miles before trading them."

2003 Ford Taurus SE

By on Saturday, December 06, 2014

Pros: "5 Star safety ratinging, roomy, great gas mileage"

Cons: "They all have their quirks"

Not actual Vehicle but the same condition

"Just purchased this vehicle used. Looks and drives like new. My future concern is about the transmission because this particular year has issues on certain transmissions. For a larger vehicle, it is very comfortable, easy to drive and the best part is the gas mileage. You hardly have to give it gas and it goes. If it were still made like this, I would recommend it so the next best thing was purchasing used"

Not actual Vehicle but the same condition

Meticulously maintained vehicle, have records.

By on Saturday, December 06, 2014

Pros: "Excellent price, looking to sell it to ASAP"

Cons: "One set of keys"

2009_Ford_Taurus

"Meticulously maintained vehicle, have records. Excellent first vehicle for a high school or college student. Runs GREAT! Passed State inspection back in June/2014. New tires, oil and filter recently changed. Will sell it with a full tank of gas. I'll be honest with you, this vehicle won't last, it will sell fast."

2009_Ford_Taurus

quality vehicle

By on Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Reason: got a new car

Pros: "it can really take a beating"

Cons: "it looks like a old person car"

"this car runs great, very solid vehicle, gas mileage could be better. I got this car for free, but i already had a car, therefore thats the only reason why i didnt want to keep it."

i am second owner car had 100000 miles .

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "very comfortable automobil. it sets good on the ro"

Cons: "car is fully equipped."

"add to above car was owned by a traffic scout, he was the only one who ever rode in car. interior is exceptional clean. dash board is in excellent shape."

THIS IS ALSO I BELIEVE, A GREAT CAR

By on Sunday, November 16, 2014

Pros: "SOLID CAR,NO RATTLES,VERY DEPENDABLE"

Cons: "BURNS GAS IN CITY DRIVING"

"I BOUGHT THE WAGON SE STYLE BRAND NEW IN 2003 IN THE DEALERS LOT AT THAT TIME.I HAVE TAKEN CARE OF MY BABY VERY WELL.2000 MILE OIL CHANGES PERSONALLY.TRANSMISION OIL CHANGE WITH FILTER EVERY 2 YEARS PERSONALLY AND FAITHFULLY AND ANTI FREEZE CHANGES BY JIFFY LUBE(EASIER AND LESS OF A MESS)EVERY 3 YEARS.PROFESIONALLY DETAILED EVERY YEAR SINCE NEW,PERSONAL HAND WASHES WEEKLY SINCE NEW!IN FREEZING WEATHER I USE THE TOUCHLESS CAR WASH. STILL TO THIS DAY SHE STARTS RIGHT UP.CHECK ENGINE LIGHT WENT ON MAYBE 4 TIMES SO FAR FOR OXOGEN SENSOR AND BAD COIL PAK.BUT BESIDE THAT NOTHING ELSE BESIDE BRAKES AND TIRES/SPARK PLUGS EVERY 4 YEARS AND A BAD BRAKE BOOSTER THAT WAS LEAKING."

Junk

By on Saturday, November 15, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, lots of pep"

Cons: "Unreliable"

"It was a good car for the first 5 years. After that, everything started to go. The blower motor, wiper motor, breaks, struts, the body, paint just peeled off after a couple of years, rust all over, constant electrical problems, exhaust, power steering issues, doors won't close at all when it is cold, major rusting out of the body, power windows won't work, car won't start, and on it goes."

Great Car Expecially for the Money (24v)

By on Thursday, November 13, 2014

Pros: "great gas mileage (20 city), good power, spacious"

Cons: "watch for small rust spots"

"I bought this car last year for 2300 and it has not let me down at all. When buying one of these cars make sure you pick one that was taken care of by its previous owner. This will prevent any major repairs from being needed. The reason I say this is because I used to have a 1996 (same car but different styling) that was beaten and the transmission went at 125000. My 03 has more mileage and runs like new. Also make sure you buy one with the 24v engine, it is faster, more reliable, and has a better built transmission. Lastly get one with ABS its worth looking for. IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE A TRANSMISSION PROBLEM, get a fluid/filter change from a trusted reputable shop and change your fuel filter (can mimic transmission problems)"

Too many repairs

By on Friday, November 07, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable to drive and to ride in"

Cons: "Repairs, repairs and more repairs"

"I bought this car new. Once the warranty ran out, it was one repair after another. $300 here, $400 there, $1200-1500 over yonder. The blend door actuator for the climate control system goes out every summer or two. Many repairs entail removing the whole dash, or taking the motor halfway apart. Mechanics who've worked on it have called it "the beast" & reported having nightmares about working on it--seriously. I do love the comfort features & the way it drives, but that's the nicest thing I can say about it."

Worst vehicle ever

By on Sunday, October 26, 2014

Pros: "smooth ride"

Cons: "everything else about it-"

"This vehicle is a money pit and rust bucket. If you look at Taurus' on the road make sure to keep track of the rust over the rear wheels that is on at least 60 % of these cars. It starts around 50,000 miles , Ford's response is that it's because of the materials that were used to muffle the sound by the wheels, some sort of styrofoam that holds in the water.What's even worse is that it's still very noisy by the rear wheels. That's it- just an empty explanation along with the further statement that "If you repair it you will just need to repair it again in a short time.' I can attest to that because I experienced it, I'm just glad it was part of an insurance claim. I know people who have repaired it on their own and wasted their money. Check engine light comes on at around 40,000 miles and no matter what you do it never goes off. Ford's response is they don't know why they do that. It's a problem with a good amount of Taurus'. Major repair at 50,00 - 70,000 miles including the complete a/c heating and cooling system, air bag (for no reason) , a lot of electrical issues that prematurely ruined battery, more rust on drivers side runner, breakdowns on expressway- etc. Also constant exhaust system repairs starting at 45,000 miles, at this point it's yearly. Beware of this car , the general opinion of owners and repair shops is that's it's nothing but trouble. I still have it due to financial constraints and I hate it. My car is well maintained and kept clean so that is not the problem. I have mostly bought Fords throughout my life because my father and grandfather retired from Ford. Ford used to stand behind their vehicles but that stopped in the early 2000's. This is the 3rd Ford in a row that was garbage and I will never buy or recommend a Ford product again."

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

"This was a purchase from my mother's estate and it is one of the finest cars that I've ever owned. It has an abundance of power for a V6 and the transmission shifts smoothly at all times. The handling borders on that of a mid sized sports car and holds the road really well. My only fault with the car is portions of the leather upholstery on the doors had to be re-installed and re-glued by an upholstery shop. That is the only blemish I have for this car front to rear."

Good car!

By on Thursday, October 09, 2014

"I just bought this car not too long ago, and it was really been treating me well. Very low maintenance and dependable. The only negative about it is that the gas mileage is a little low (sitting at 20mpg), but it really is a great car. There's plenty of space for my legs, and I am 6'3", so that is a big deal to me."

Great driving fun to own

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

Pros: "New tires Drives great,"

Cons: "I have had some issues of slipping in the snow"

"A great car to drive vary responsive. I love My car."

Has been a great Car!!

By on Friday, September 19, 2014

"We bought this car new. It needs a fuel pump and a battery (top mount). Also will need breaks soon. It must be towed and fixed. A/C Very Cold. Great Sound. Everything inside worked. We just bought a newer Ford Taurus. Clear Title. Very little rust."

When I drove the car it was very smooth

By on Sunday, September 14, 2014

Pros: "this is a laid back car"

Cons: "not for young people"

"My son was the main driver of the car. When I drove it, it was very smooth and comfortable. I really liked the feature on the outside of the car handle where you punch in the code if you locked your keys inside. The inside is really large, the trunk is large you can fit anything in there."

Trans hard 1-2 shift, no ABS, CD broke, noisy fan

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "Comfy seats, low noise, mpg good"

Cons: "Trans hard 1-2 shift, no ABS, CD broke, noisy fan"

"When I bought this car, I needed it to go to work. Otherwise, I would not have bought it. The transmission has a hard 1-2 shift. This has been a problem for this model transmission for many years prior. The design problem should have been fixed. The CD player does not work. There is no ABS on a 2007 car!?! I was shocked and surprised by the lack of ABS on such a late vehicle. My '96 Chrysler Concorde was more advanced in design. To top it off, the vent fan is now making a lot of noise and will probably fail at some future date. The fuel economy is somewhat better than other mid size cars of the same age. The seats are comfortable. This does not make up for its shortcomings, and I regret making the purchase."

It's had a lot of mechanical problems

By on Sunday, September 07, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "Little over price for the amount of problems"

Cons: "Has a lot of cosmetic problems"

"Unsure if worthy to purchase with all that gone wrong with it, and weather it's reliable."

great car till 90000 mi then trans

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Pros: "plenty of power with 24 v engine"

Cons: "rust and door interior vinyl falling off"

"At 90000 mi trans failed, 92000 AC air compressor failed."

A good combination of features at reasonable cost

By on Friday, September 05, 2014

"I owned a virtually identical 2002 Taurus before owning the 2004. Both were a good value and the right combination of features. There were some electrical issues with both, but no major problems. I like the seats, driving position, visibility. I like it running on regular (getting around 18 in regular driving and 21-25 on the freeway. Trunk could be better lit."

This car can't handle many short trips and city dr

By on Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pros: "Cheap, decent exterior and interior, cheap repairs"

Cons: "NOT reliable at all. Not for the big city!"

"This car is my first car, and it makes for a decent first car. Repairs are cheap on this car, but they really seem to be never ending! This car has issues doing a lot of idling and city driving. This car seems like it does great on interstates and long trips. As far as gas mileage is concerned, I'd give this car a moderate rating. It gets horrible gas mileage in the big city...especially in rush hour driving! This car seems to have its own weird personality and needs to be babied a lot. It works for myself, a college student who doesn't do a ton of driving...but I still want something more reliable. I love the fact my Taurus SE 2000 is built in Chicago, IL, USA!! I love the Ford motor company, but this car could have been designed a whole lot better IMHO."

good reliable car

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

"starts in the coldest weather"

Very nice car drives great

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, Great Gas Mileage"

Cons: "Transmission"

"I bought this car used from a dealer in Garden Grove CA. The dealer kept telling me I should buy the extended warranty on the car because even with 51,818 miles the transmission might have problems.. I didn't, and it did. I had the computer control unit replaced at $1300.00 and it still slips once and a while.. The car also had no heat when I bought it, so $185.00 repair.. It also had an after market security system that would go on and stop the car from being drivable. However, once I took that off the car has run very well and I drive it every place. I have the 100th anniversary edition so it has all the options. I get great gas mileage, over 29 hwy when the tires are inflated correctly. I would buy this car again, but I think I would have test driven it a little more.."

The perfect first car!

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pros: "Nice audio sound, Roomy, Large trunk"

Cons: "GAS GUZZLER!"

"My Taurus has just over 187400 miles on it. It still runs great and gets me from A to B. Although my dad (i'm only 16) has put a lot of work into keeping the car running, parts are very cheap. The taurus is very easy to repair as well. If you're looking for a fun car, this isn't your answer. But, it has nice control on every surface, and is very good in snow and rain. Over all, The 2001 Ford Taurus is a fantastic car!!!"

Very good, reliable car, great engine & interior

By on Monday, August 11, 2014

Pros: "This car now has everything new or nearly new."

Cons: "Gets 20-22 mpg."

"New complete tranny rebuild at 123,000, new starter at 207g, battery at 197g; This is a top-of-the-line 2002 Ford Taurus SES (3.0) with 208,000 easy miles. It is in very good condition with no wrecks, fender-benders or the like, but a few minor scratches here and there. It had new: brakes @ 173g, coolant recovery tank @ 144g, brake master cylinders @ 154g, power steering pump @ 167g, new brake discs @ 189g, all ignition electronics @ 186g, most of the engine sensors @ 191g, and new windshield @ 107g. Also, top-rated tires (9000 miles on Pirellis w/80,000 mile warranty), also, replaced catalytic converters (3) @ 185g. It has been maintained properly with oil changes at no more than 5000 miles spacing. Interior is perfect."

Transmission

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pros: "new tires"

Cons: "no heat; no A/C"

"This car will need a new transmission soon. It has no A/C or heat"