2003 Ford Taurus

7.8

Based on 1334 Ratings for the 2000 - 2007 models.

Excellent handling, rides smooth, Great car!

By on Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pros: "Cute, Reliable, Comfortable, and fun!"

Cons: "None."

"I bought this car and didn't have high expectations. It exceeded them by 100%! The interior is very room, and fov is amazing! It's extremely reliable, rides smooth, great handling. Have not had any problems with it!"

Very Reliable

By on Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pros: "Nice Ride"

Cons: "Trans"

"I as others, have had a transmission problem, but not until 100,000 miles. Other than normal wear and tear. I have not had to put much money in it at all. The 1200.00 for the TRANS upset me. But, since that was the only major problem. I put that at $120 year over the lifetime of the car."

Never another Ford car for this guy

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Reason: tired of putting money in it

Pros: "LOL REALLY NO PROS"

Cons: "TOOOOO MANY TO LIST NEVER AGAIN"

"Wow thought I got a good deal on this car in 2008. It had 65000 miles on it and I purchased it for just over 6000 dollars. This car was okay for about 2 years and then everything started going wrong. Normal wear items I understand, tires, brakes. First of all the suspension on these cars are awful. Had to replace rear springs,shocks,struts. Front wheel baring's,stabilizer links, you name it. Heater quit working (needed new heater core) 400 parts and labor. And to top it off the blower would blow hard for about 30 min and then you could still feel the ac/heat but there was no force behind the blower. But the blower motor was not bad so I'm guessing it was maybe and actuator motor. I was so glad to get rid of this piece of junk and get my nice 2012 Honda Accord oh by the way with only 13500 miles on the Honda. I will never buy another Ford car again. Do love Ford trucks."

The Best All Arounder

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "MPGs, Engine, Safe, Practical, Reliable"

"Had this car for 10 years and have never had one mechanical failure. This has been the most reliable car I have ever owned, this coming from an owner of multiple Toyotas, Hondas, and Nissans. It rides better than other cars in its class, seats 4 adults comfortably, and has a large trunk. I have gotten as high as 40mpgs on the highway when I set the cruse control to 70mph. The only downside to this car is that when I drive it I do feel like I'm in a Ford. It does drive much better than any Japanese cars I have had and even better than a VW, but not as well as the BMWs and Mercedes' that I have owned. Overall the best car for the money I have ever owned."

Drives great and pretty reliable

By on Saturday, January 28, 2012

I don't own this car

Pros: "drives like a caddy"

Cons: "heater core"

"The car has been great; my mom's owned it for 7-8 years. The only problems we've really had are (1) the heat going out (Tauruses are notorious for this), and (2) a slight coolant leak. Other than that, we've had NO problems with it. My mom will more than likely run this car until the wheels fall off."