2001 Ford Taurus

7.8

Based on 1349 Ratings for the 2000 - 2007 models.

Best Car for its Value

By on Thursday, October 3, 2013

Pros: "great price, roomy, extremely reliable"

Cons: "bad gas mileage"

"I was car shopping for three months until I found my 2002 Taurus and literally it was the best car I even touched. Hardly any dings, flawless interior, and to top it all off - it sounded smooth. No clicks, no chimes. The transmission is a little clunky when you go from park to reverse and such, but it was perfect. I take turns pretty fast for the size of this vehicle and I still haven't had any issues, so I can't relate to the other responses. After a replaced water pump, broke A/C unit (shorter belts are miracles), and an replaced engine sensor, it's still not a bad vehicle and cheap to repair. It's hard to steal (starter is located underneath) and no one really has any motivation to - thus better insurance rates. I just had my car broken into three days ago and he stole everything but was unable to steal my car. It's extremely comfortable and runs amazing for a 10 year old vehicle and I only paid 3,500 (at the dealer!). It's the perfect car for a beginning driver who needs a reliable vehicle. The transmission and engines in this model (if taken care of properly) can outshine a few others regardless on how well you treat those. My engine still sounds like the first day I turned my Taurus on and same with my transmission. I've driven it for about a year now and I believe I can still get about three more years out of it. Definitely wouldn't be surprised if I got even five more years out of it. Even though its a big of a gas hog, it's well worth the pros and I believe it is the best American made sedan. (Though avoid the 2000, 2001 models... found them to be not as satisfactory)."

Comfortable, good gas mileage 24-27+;

By on Thursday, December 6, 2012

Pros: "Gas Mileage; Dependable; reasonable up-keep;"

Cons: "Had some repairs at this mileage."

"Bought used, Dec. 2011; 74000 miles. I drive 500-600 miles a week. 24V 6 cyl. gets good mileage-24-27+ if you drive fairly conservative, use cruise. At that mileage, I did have some repairs come up. Kept oil changed. Overall, good, dependable car. Good size, comfortable car that gets good gas mileage for its size."

Excellent handling, rides smooth, Great car!

By on Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pros: "Cute, Reliable, Comfortable, and fun!"

Cons: "None."

"I bought this car and didn't have high expectations. It exceeded them by 100%! The interior is very room, and fov is amazing! It's extremely reliable, rides smooth, great handling. Have not had any problems with it!"

best car worst time

By on Monday, December 28, 2009

"I bought this car new at the beginning of the 2003 model year. within three months the price at local dealerships dropped,along with my value by about 9000 dollars. So I started out in the hole. The car has major issues with the wear of tires I always line and balance when replacing them and keep them rotated and checked, but the tires tend to only make about half of their life expectancy no matter which brand I use. The air conditioning system and parts on the front end have had to be replaced more than once. the leather trim on the door panels just peeled loose and had to be replaced, the leather seats however look as good as they did the day I bought this car. The car has no retail value but the purr of the engine has helped me to over look the other defects. Possibly the best engine ever at 160,000 it shows no signs of slowing."

Great, Safe car to Own!!!

By on Friday, December 2, 2011

Pros: "Reliable and will get a person through anything."

"I have owned my Taurus since I was 16 and have never looked back since. It has taken me all over the world and only once has broken down on me. I needed to replace the catalytic converters on it, one day it had no power on the highway but luckily I was able to limp it home and from there replace both of them. Other than that just normal maintenance, stuff you would have with any car, brakes, oil, etc."