2000 Ford Taurus

7.8

Based on 1296 Ratings for the 2000 - 2007 models.

Worst vehicle ever

By on Sunday, October 26, 2014

Pros: "smooth ride"

Cons: "everything else about it-"

"This vehicle is a money pit and rust bucket. If you look at Taurus' on the road make sure to keep track of the rust over the rear wheels that is on at least 60 % of these cars. It starts around 50,000 miles , Ford's response is that it's because of the materials that were used to muffle the sound by the wheels, some sort of styrofoam that holds in the water.What's even worse is that it's still very noisy by the rear wheels. That's it- just an empty explanation along with the further statement that "If you repair it you will just need to repair it again in a short time.' I can attest to that because I experienced it, I'm just glad it was part of an insurance claim. I know people who have repaired it on their own and wasted their money. Check engine light comes on at around 40,000 miles and no matter what you do it never goes off. Ford's response is they don't know why they do that. It's a problem with a good amount of Taurus'. Major repair at 50,00 - 70,000 miles including the complete a/c heating and cooling system, air bag (for no reason) , a lot of electrical issues that prematurely ruined battery, more rust on drivers side runner, breakdowns on expressway- etc. Also constant exhaust system repairs starting at 45,000 miles, at this point it's yearly. Beware of this car , the general opinion of owners and repair shops is that's it's nothing but trouble. I still have it due to financial constraints and I hate it. My car is well maintained and kept clean so that is not the problem. I have mostly bought Fords throughout my life because my father and grandfather retired from Ford. Ford used to stand behind their vehicles but that stopped in the early 2000's. This is the 3rd Ford in a row that was garbage and I will never buy or recommend a Ford product again."

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

"This was a purchase from my mother's estate and it is one of the finest cars that I've ever owned. It has an abundance of power for a V6 and the transmission shifts smoothly at all times. The handling borders on that of a mid sized sports car and holds the road really well. My only fault with the car is portions of the leather upholstery on the doors had to be re-installed and re-glued by an upholstery shop. That is the only blemish I have for this car front to rear."

Good car!

By on Thursday, October 09, 2014

"I just bought this car not too long ago, and it was really been treating me well. Very low maintenance and dependable. The only negative about it is that the gas mileage is a little low (sitting at 20mpg), but it really is a great car. There's plenty of space for my legs, and I am 6'3", so that is a big deal to me."

Great driving fun to own

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

Pros: "New tires Drives great,"

Cons: "I have had some issues of slipping in the snow"

"A great car to drive vary responsive. I love My car."

Has been a great Car!!

By on Friday, September 19, 2014

"We bought this car new. It needs a fuel pump and a battery (top mount). Also will need breaks soon. It must be towed and fixed. A/C Very Cold. Great Sound. Everything inside worked. We just bought a newer Ford Taurus. Clear Title. Very little rust."