1999 Ford Taurus

7.6

Based on 546 Ratings for the 1996 - 1999 models.

It's a solid running car Reliable for around town

By on Sunday, August 28, 2011

"It's a reliable car for it's age. It starts right away every time you start it good pick good gas mileage"

Great Car to own

By on Tuesday, August 03, 2010

"I have owned this car since it came out in 1999 and this is by far the best vehicle I or anyone else in my family have ever owned. I live in the hills of WV so I obviously need a car with power to get up hills and something that handle well in the snow. This car exceeds at both of these. Also good to know, the car can take a hit from deer. Both times my mother was going 45 and hit the deer with no damage but a turning bulb that popped out of socket. I would highly recommend this car to anyone who is also looking for good fuel economy, 26 on the hills, 30 on the highway. A great car for anyone to own. The only thing that has ever gone wrong with the car are the usual wear and tear parts."

Great Reliable car!

By on Monday, January 28, 2008

"I bought this car new 10 years ago and now have 182,000 miles on it. It has the 24V V6 engine and has been virtually problem-free. I spent about $120 to replace a pump perhaps 5 years ago, and now just replaced the O2 sensor; replaced a turn signal lamp last year; also have an issue with interior lights not recognizing when doors are shut- so I had to take out the overhead lamps- aside from those items- regular maintenance- and this car has been excellent. I have been very pleased and certainly got my $$ out of it...now on 4th set of tires!"

Great Automobile

By on Thursday, October 25, 2007

"This is my second Taurus wagon. My 1997 was in a terrible car accident and the police could not believe how well it held up. Was hit head on and was as solid as a rock. Immediately called the Ford dealership and had a new 1999 Taurus 24v wagon delivered to my office. Not one problem until last week and it cost less than $100 to fix and it was caused by some bad gasoline. Just routine oil changes and new tires and it just turned 80,000 miles today. Friends of mine that own Porsche's can not believe how fast it is. I normally would have traded years ago but love it too much. Getting ready to buy a convertible, but gonna keep this great car!"

Excellent vehicle

By on Thursday, October 04, 2007

"This vehicle has traveled to every corner of the United States and back many times over the 9 years we've owned it. It is one of the most comfortable vehicles we've owned for traveling long distances; economically sound; reliable mechanically. We always give it the 3000 mile oil changes and regular tune-ups when needed. With the exception of replacing tires, a light bulb or two, and minor repairs here and there this car has been extremely reliable in every way."