1997 Ford Taurus

7.6

Based on 547 Ratings for the 1996 - 1999 models.

By on Sunday, August 29, 2010

"I bought my station wagon with 97K in the south with no rust at all and still doesn't show. Replaced shocks, lights, brakes right at the beginning. After that it had "only" a broken cooling hose which I recognized too late. Cost me an expensive repair due to an overheated engine. After 6 Year it has now 176K and except some repairs due to the wear the car is the best value I ever had. Love the space to haul stuff around or just leave my golf gear in the back. The best was 31mpg on some long trips down south. City is closer to 24mpg. The engine is still doing great just loses a power in lower speeds. I hate to look for another car since it needs new half shafts, shocks and a cracked windshield which will cost more the value of the car. It is a joy to drive in snow with it. It got it through foot deep snow without problems due to the front wheel drive."

Best sedan ever made!

By on Tuesday, September 1, 2009

"i bought my taurus 1 yr ago, but its not my first one. this car has been a great car. i drive from port huron, mi to detroit all the time. wich is about 90 miles to the part i go to, it has never left me stranded and never fails to start. it gets about 30-35 mpg on the highway. and not to shabby in town. my brother, two of my sisters, and me all have owned taurus' at one time or another, and they all have been good cars."

1999 Taurus

By on Saturday, August 22, 2009

"I bought this car new off of the dealer showroom floor. It has been dependable with excellnt performance in all aspects. Currently the odometer reads 240k miles. I drive 580 miles from Detroit to DC on a regular basis and get over 30mpg with the 24v v6 engine."

great car!

By on Saturday, January 31, 2009

"I have owned my 1998 taurus se for only a couple months with 197000 miles for 1800 bucks. didnt think it was a great deal. i have put on 6 thousand miles in 3 months and i have had no problems but tires, a headlight, and the steering pump is just starting to go out. so far its been a great car! i drive 45 miles each way monday through thursday and has not let me down and has not failed to start. i highly reccomend this car!"

96 Taurus - hate to give it up.

By on Friday, June 6, 2008

"I've had my 96 Taurus for 10 years, passed 150,000 miles, still runs great, though engine gaskets are wearing out (leaks oil). Have done no major repairs, engine light has been on for 5 years. Paint still looks great with little to no maintenance. Everything still works. I have to have to give it up to go to a minivan for the family."