1997 Ford Taurus

7.6

Based on 533 Ratings for the 1996 - 1999 models.

the best car I have ever owned. I love my Taurus.

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

"I bought this car new. It has held up well and has performed above and beyond any car I have ever owned and still going strong! I highly recommend Ford Taurus."

She's my most reliable companion ever :)

By on Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pros: "Easy keeper, minor repairs and affordable majors"

Cons: "Zero room to work on. deteriorating materials."

"I have had this car for over 11 years and put over 245,000 miles on her. Every breakdown we have experienced was my fault to some extent or entirely my fault, she's had a myriad of repairs to include the engine, starter, alternator, wiring harness, radiator, fuel tank and pump, brake lines and brakes, front and rear, new just about everything. The milage we have experienced with most of the factory parts has been astounding. She was a lemon already when I bought her and she has just trooped her way into my heart, I love this car. She looks every day of 18 and I smile everytime I see her. Every scratch, dent or bubble has its own tale to tell and I have had the pleasure of being there with her for nearly all of them."

Reliable car

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "runs good on low gas , first brake down"

Cons: "battery cable loose, driver door lock manually"

"The car will get you from point A to point B, Bad Engine, good on gas, windows, doors, trunk, horn, signals and windshield wipers work properly, has all four tires, power steering has a leak, good battery, radio and A/C works great, brakes and gas pedal good, glove box and arm rest need replacement,"

Good first car

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

"This is my first car. I like it quite a bit. It has good speed and power and it is very comfy. It is mainly reliable besides my starter is going bad. It gets bad mileage but it is a old v6 (what do you expect!)"

She is still serving our family

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "reliable, cheap repairs, great engine power"

Cons: "small cupholders, headlights bulbs replaced"

"this car was bought new by our parents its been handy down from several generations everybody in the family has driven this car. My Taurus which I am last current owner of it still driving at now 367,000 miles nothing never went wrong on her except overheated to due a bad coolant system but my brother replaced it at AutoZone much cheaper instead a service garage for free. It's comfortable with 6 passenger bucket seats, ice cold air conditioner and nice toasting hot heater on cold mornings below 10'F love our vehicle I'm looking at a newer vehicle but give this one to our 21 year old son for getting around in it's been well cared for lots of years. This car is like a will in the family as been a obituary automobile because everybody been taking it over like a free ride but we all loved this car from a great reliability had out of it. I will miss our 1996 Taurus LX after looking for replacement with a more upgraded car but my son who lives in another town couple miles from us is get ready to drive it in his hands hope he doesn't abuse this Almighty Jennifer that is her name she has been a well careful clean ride with younger children at legal ages likes to joy ride in vehicles our son is one of them maybe he'll know this will be a good reliable ride for him until he buys himself a newer vehicle too. Only things replaced batteries, tires, brakes, struts, coolant system, belts and CV joints oil change every 3k miles and fluids doing maintenance time. I highly recommend someone who is looking for a budget car buy a 96 Taurus or Sable these cars are very reliable and solid my coworker used to drive a 97 Sable he got almost 400k miles out his with nothing but oil changes and repairing minor things usual he drove his like drinking water as we did with the Taurus."