1997 Ford Taurus

7.6

Based on 545 Ratings for the 1996 - 1999 models.

Great Car to own

By on Tuesday, August 03, 2010

"I have owned this car since it came out in 1999 and this is by far the best vehicle I or anyone else in my family have ever owned. I live in the hills of WV so I obviously need a car with power to get up hills and something that handle well in the snow. This car exceeds at both of these. Also good to know, the car can take a hit from deer. Both times my mother was going 45 and hit the deer with no damage but a turning bulb that popped out of socket. I would highly recommend this car to anyone who is also looking for good fuel economy, 26 on the hills, 30 on the highway. A great car for anyone to own. The only thing that has ever gone wrong with the car are the usual wear and tear parts."

Work Horse

By on Sunday, July 25, 2010

"This is the 4th Taurus I have owned including one SHO and I loved them all. If your thinking about buying a used one make sure it has the Duratec 24V DOHC or the V8 motor in it and the 14 bolt transmission; the Yamaha V8 (SHO) will have the 14 bolt tranny. Also look for service records that prove the transmission and engine were serviced as scheduled; if they were not then you will have problems especially with the tranny."

It's a solid running car Reliable for around town

By on Sunday, August 28, 2011

"It's a reliable car for it's age. It starts right away every time you start it good pick good gas mileage"

Great Ford Product

By on Sunday, May 23, 2010

"We bought this car new in 1999 as our primary family sedan. It eventually became a car for my wife to drive around town and to work although it sometimes makes 200 mile road trips. We hoped to be able to keep it for 10 years and it has served us well for over 133,000 miles. We have done regular maintenance and had the big tune-up done after 100,000 miles. No problems. The leather seats and exterior still look almost like new, but I FINALLY convinced the "better half" to get a new car. This car has been great! The sun roof still works perfectly, as well as the audio system . The only negative has been some difficulty with the power lock. The next owner will be purchasing a very reliable vehicle."

99 taurus

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"The 99 Taurus has been a comfortable car with low operating expenses. The car has 128,000 miles and very little has gone wrong with it. Most of the servicing can be done at Jiffy Lube. Fuel economy is around 24 mpg around town and as high as 30mpg on the highway. The A/C is excellent and the stereo is good. Of the six cars I own, the Taurus is the least costly to operate and we often chose to drive it over the other cars because of the driving comfort."

275,000 and doing fine

By on Wednesday, November 04, 2009

"I bought my Taurus used with 70K miles on it from my younger brother at a local ford dealership. I had instructed him that I wanted a one owner, woman owned American made car, with carfax, and all maintenance records. It took him 2 months but was worth the wait. My Taurus has been a great car and today I'm giving it to one of my employees for his wife to drive. It's taken 280,000 miles of me and the road and is still in great shape. At 100K I did the major tune up. At 200k I had the tranny clutches and seals done, and the second major tune up. Over the 8 years I've owned it I've put one alternator, two starters, 2 battery's, 3 serpentine belts, a fuel pump, one passenger door window motor, one windshield wiper motor, 4 sets of tires, 4 sets of brake shoes, one coolant holding tank, 1 water pump, 1 thermostat, and a new heater core by pass system that I made myself to replace the steel tubed factory one, one set of cab mounts, and 2 stabilizing rods on the front end. I changed the oil every 3k and the first 200k I used pennzoil 5w30 just like the good book (owners manual) says, now it's mobile one high mile synthetic. Beyond that I've changed the tranny fluid every 50K and rotated the tires every 5k. When people are agape at the miles on the car, they can't help to ask. "How did you do it?" My answers always the same. I followed the instructions in the owners manual. American made cars are just as good as the foreign makes any day of the week!"

Great Reliable car!

By on Monday, January 28, 2008

"I bought this car new 10 years ago and now have 182,000 miles on it. It has the 24V V6 engine and has been virtually problem-free. I spent about $120 to replace a pump perhaps 5 years ago, and now just replaced the O2 sensor; replaced a turn signal lamp last year; also have an issue with interior lights not recognizing when doors are shut- so I had to take out the overhead lamps- aside from those items- regular maintenance- and this car has been excellent. I have been very pleased and certainly got my $$ out of it...now on 4th set of tires!"

Great Automobile

By on Thursday, October 25, 2007

"This is my second Taurus wagon. My 1997 was in a terrible car accident and the police could not believe how well it held up. Was hit head on and was as solid as a rock. Immediately called the Ford dealership and had a new 1999 Taurus 24v wagon delivered to my office. Not one problem until last week and it cost less than $100 to fix and it was caused by some bad gasoline. Just routine oil changes and new tires and it just turned 80,000 miles today. Friends of mine that own Porsche's can not believe how fast it is. I normally would have traded years ago but love it too much. Getting ready to buy a convertible, but gonna keep this great car!"

Excellent vehicle

By on Thursday, October 04, 2007

"This vehicle has traveled to every corner of the United States and back many times over the 9 years we've owned it. It is one of the most comfortable vehicles we've owned for traveling long distances; economically sound; reliable mechanically. We always give it the 3000 mile oil changes and regular tune-ups when needed. With the exception of replacing tires, a light bulb or two, and minor repairs here and there this car has been extremely reliable in every way."

I LOVE this car

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"I bought this car used with high mileage in 2004, it's 2012 and it's still running strong with mostly original parts. The only parts I have replaced are the rear struts. and tires of course. I take it on long road trips (7-8 hours) several times a year and have never had a breakdown."