1996 Ford Taurus

7.6

Based on 546 Ratings for the 1996 - 1999 models.

Not bad

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

"For the most part I have really loved my car. Recently I just really wanted an electric and sometimes it seems there are ghosts in the electrical system. Things bing for no reason, the door light is on all the time. Little things like that distract from an otherwise great used car."

great older car

By on Thursday, October 06, 2011

"this is the best used car i have ever bought!! i thought it would be more issues wrong but other replacing the transmission fluid and regular oil changes this car is great (knock on wood just in case lol)"

By on Sunday, August 29, 2010

"I bought my station wagon with 97K in the south with no rust at all and still doesn't show. Replaced shocks, lights, brakes right at the beginning. After that it had "only" a broken cooling hose which I recognized too late. Cost me an expensive repair due to an overheated engine. After 6 Year it has now 176K and except some repairs due to the wear the car is the best value I ever had. Love the space to haul stuff around or just leave my golf gear in the back. The best was 31mpg on some long trips down south. City is closer to 24mpg. The engine is still doing great just loses a power in lower speeds. I hate to look for another car since it needs new half shafts, shocks and a cracked windshield which will cost more the value of the car. It is a joy to drive in snow with it. It got it through foot deep snow without problems due to the front wheel drive."

Best sedan ever made!

By on Tuesday, September 01, 2009

"i bought my taurus 1 yr ago, but its not my first one. this car has been a great car. i drive from port huron, mi to detroit all the time. wich is about 90 miles to the part i go to, it has never left me stranded and never fails to start. it gets about 30-35 mpg on the highway. and not to shabby in town. my brother, two of my sisters, and me all have owned taurus' at one time or another, and they all have been good cars."

1999 Taurus

By on Saturday, August 22, 2009

"I bought this car new off of the dealer showroom floor. It has been dependable with excellnt performance in all aspects. Currently the odometer reads 240k miles. I drive 580 miles from Detroit to DC on a regular basis and get over 30mpg with the 24v v6 engine."