1996 Ford Taurus

7.6

Based on 545 Ratings for the 1996 - 1999 models.

Great Car to own

By on Tuesday, August 03, 2010

"I have owned this car since it came out in 1999 and this is by far the best vehicle I or anyone else in my family have ever owned. I live in the hills of WV so I obviously need a car with power to get up hills and something that handle well in the snow. This car exceeds at both of these. Also good to know, the car can take a hit from deer. Both times my mother was going 45 and hit the deer with no damage but a turning bulb that popped out of socket. I would highly recommend this car to anyone who is also looking for good fuel economy, 26 on the hills, 30 on the highway. A great car for anyone to own. The only thing that has ever gone wrong with the car are the usual wear and tear parts."

Work Horse

By on Sunday, July 25, 2010

"This is the 4th Taurus I have owned including one SHO and I loved them all. If your thinking about buying a used one make sure it has the Duratec 24V DOHC or the V8 motor in it and the 14 bolt transmission; the Yamaha V8 (SHO) will have the 14 bolt tranny. Also look for service records that prove the transmission and engine were serviced as scheduled; if they were not then you will have problems especially with the tranny."

It's a solid running car Reliable for around town

By on Sunday, August 28, 2011

"It's a reliable car for it's age. It starts right away every time you start it good pick good gas mileage"

99 taurus

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"The 99 Taurus has been a comfortable car with low operating expenses. The car has 128,000 miles and very little has gone wrong with it. Most of the servicing can be done at Jiffy Lube. Fuel economy is around 24 mpg around town and as high as 30mpg on the highway. The A/C is excellent and the stereo is good. Of the six cars I own, the Taurus is the least costly to operate and we often chose to drive it over the other cars because of the driving comfort."

Great Ford Product

By on Sunday, May 23, 2010

"We bought this car new in 1999 as our primary family sedan. It eventually became a car for my wife to drive around town and to work although it sometimes makes 200 mile road trips. We hoped to be able to keep it for 10 years and it has served us well for over 133,000 miles. We have done regular maintenance and had the big tune-up done after 100,000 miles. No problems. The leather seats and exterior still look almost like new, but I FINALLY convinced the "better half" to get a new car. This car has been great! The sun roof still works perfectly, as well as the audio system . The only negative has been some difficulty with the power lock. The next owner will be purchasing a very reliable vehicle."