1995 Ford Taurus

7.9

Based on 217 Ratings for the 1992 - 1995 models.

OH YEA!

By on Monday, June 23, 2008

"Bought 2 1993 Taurus GL sedans and did the usual maintanance that you'd expect for an 8 year old vehicle. I gave one to my daughter and kept the other as my primary vehicle. I found it comforable and economical with it's 3.0 v6, a smooth ride and liked the body style as well. I happened to drive a 93 SHO for a friend to shake down any potential problems before it went on his used car lot. I was smitten by the horse power bug and had to find one for myself, I also liked the leather interior and speed sensitive steering. I bought one that had been crashed and repaired and loved it totaly,that includes Mobil 1 at the correct interval not evey year like some people do! Poor maintanance will kill the best engeneering in the world so paying attention to more than the gas guage is a must. Every car has it's share of intrinsic problems that's what keeps the dealership mechanics buisy and keeps the dealership alive. Living in the rust belt took it's toll on my SHO but akter months of searching I did find another SHO and never concidered anything else as a replacement. I found a 93 SHO that was owned lovingly by a retired Ford exec. in Texas and it will never see a salty road. Buying any used car is a roll of the dice if you don;t know what to look for. Take a mechanic and do your research before you buy because the last thing you want is to buy a used car that's already been neglected. Look at the fluids,it's the cars lifeblood and tells tales of how it was cared for. I love my SHO. Point it in the right direction before you hit the petal because you're going to get there faster than you think!"

Last of the true 5-speeds

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pros: "FAST FAST FAST"

Cons: "Rare car, expensive parts."

"I bought my 1995 Taurus SHO in 2002 with 77k miles on it. 11 years later I've replaced the AC pump, rebuilt the tranny (it was out of fluid, didn't know a sealed tranny leaked!), replaced the fuel pump and a few tires. Overall I haven't spent what I paid for it so that's good in my book. The ride is solid and smooth proving you have good tires and alignment. I've been hit numerous times but the other cars always fared worse. The body is still in great shape with the only paint issues being on the plastic wing but even then you only see it up close. I admit I wasn't religious with the interior so the seats look bad and the old ceiling fabric is tearing. Still plenty of power from the Yamaha power plant Ford gave it yet still makes for a great commuter car."

bought it for a temporary car and price was right,

By on Monday, April 01, 2013

Pros: "keeps right on running"

Cons: "interior is very fragile and paint did not hold up"

"After an accident in my SUV I needed something temporary until I could decide what to do. Bought this car two years ago, milage was low price was right,still have it and it runs great. I tote a lot of kids and the interior did not hold up well at all. But the smog test was the cleanest the mechanic had ever seen. He said the engine was strong. I do do my due maintenence had had the engine and transmission flushed right after I got it and I have had to replace the serpinetine belt. Was not fond of this car before I bought but it is running great. I think the year is one of the best."

solid auto

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"Strong and dependable. Replaced transmission under warranty @ 32000 mi. Heater core @52000mi for $800. Water pump @ 72000. Owned for 12 years. Will be my son's 1st car....."

Best 1st car i've had since last sept.

By on Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Pros: "Reliable engine, handles good."

Cons: "differnt cup holder maybe"

"Reliable, easy to work car, low maintenance, good gas mileage."