1995 Ford Taurus

7.9

Based on 217 Ratings for the 1992 - 1995 models.

A very reliable and comfortable old car

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Good people mover. easy to get parts"

Cons: "suspension is a little too firm at times."

"My second old Taurus had it about 5 years now. Use as an around town vehicle although have taken long trips with it. So far I have not had to add any oil or other fluids to it between oil changes. Gas milage is not to bad for its age and size averaging around 20 mpg. Holds the road fairly well on snowy roads. It has been a good second car to have to commute with. Body and interior are in good shape although I admit because of its age I don't worry too much about where I park it like I do our newer car."

I love my car

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pros: "Good gas mileage, reliable, fits like a glove."

Cons: "Heating/cooling system dicey, no a/c vents back st"

"I bought this car from the original owner when it had 65,000 miles on it. I have owned it almost thirteen years and I still love it. It has some idiosyncrasies, but what car doesn't? I am keeping it maintained and repaired since if I were to replace it I could afford only another used car. Better the devil you know than the devil you don't know. I just replaced the power window motors for the back-seat windows, so I have my good air flow again. I really like this car -- it fits me, it fits my budget, and it has always been extremely reliable. This LX model has the luxury features of a much more expensive car. I've been spoiled by it."

Great First Car

By on Saturday, July 05, 2008

"I got my license and my first car a little over 2 years ago, and lucky me: my first car just so happened to be a stunning silver 1995 Ford Taurus SE. I loved this car for what it was- a first car. It was reliable, completely safe, fairly comfortable, the handling was incredible, and mine had 6 cylinders, so if I wanted to, I could play a little. This car is comparable to a tank- it is a solid vehicle, and if you just need a car that will take you from point A to point B every single day in the exact same fashion? Then go right ahead and buy this car. There were nights when I left lights on all night, and I got in the car in the morning and it started right up. Some points to improve upon, however- The gas mileage is not good, especially with prices being what they are. I think I averaged around 17-19 city and maybe 22 highway on a good day. I found myself spending 70+dollars on gas every week. Granted- I drive alot more than most people. Also: The gasoline needle- don't trust it. The gas needle will hover anywhere within a quarter tank either way of the actual amount of gas that you have at that time. For example, if you have a half tank of gas, the needle will fluctuate between just under 3/4 and just over 1/4 of a tank. In addition: Be careful with the knobs and dials. This is a very simple car, not really one made for luxury- the knobs are there just to be turned to put heat on, etc. If you pull on them, they will come off. The sound system is decent, at best. Certainly not one for blasting metal music. But...then again...nobody really NEEDS that, do they? All in all, I have gotten a very good run out of this car. I've put 40000 miles on it since I got it. It's at about 150000 miles right now, and it's not showing any signs of "old age". If you are looking for a simple, solid, reliable car, sans all of the "bells and whistles"? This car is most certainly for you. Even if it is a bit expensive to run as far as gas goes, it was VERY rarely in the shop, VERY rarely had problems, and served its purpose valiantly! Oh, and the fuel tank is on the passenger side ; )"

Love this car

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2007

"95 Taurus 3.8L se.. this car is dependable and quick. The tranny has had to be rebuilt at 90k and the heads and gasket had to be replaced at 130k. While that is going on I am also replacing the water pump... Just a preemptive thing. The biggest thing I don't like about this car is the lack of room to work on it engine..... there is just a frogs hair worth of room to work in and you darn near need to pull th engine to change anything on it. Had to pull the exhaust off to change a speed sensor and pull the radiator out to change air compressor for the AC........ but will drive the wheels off this car."

1994 TAURUS

By on Monday, September 17, 2007

"I BOUGHT THIS CAR NEW. DROVE IT OUT OF THE SHOW ROOM! I LOVE IT ALL THE POWER I COULD NEED...WITH A LITTLE OVER 300,000 ON IT I HAVE HAD NO MAJOR PROBLEMS. JUST THE MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR $75 INSTALLED MYSELF."