1995 Ford Taurus

7.9

Based on 213 Ratings for the 1992 - 1995 models.

Reliable if not flashy

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, parts are cheap, quite, good gas mileage"

Cons: "Dated design"

Good reliable car as of 07/20/14

"Dependable utilitarian car provided you maintain it. I have spent over $2300 in parts alone over the past 2 years. Now I am satisfied it will continue to be reliable for another 5 years. Secret to any dependable auto is maintenance. Have used synthetic motor oil and serviced the transmission with synthetic ATF better than Ford spec. NO engine or transmission problems. A/C is the coldest of any car I've owned any yet it uses 134a Freon!"

Good reliable car as of 07/20/14

Really good value, ahead of its time

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

Pros: "Great price, automatic windows, 26 hwy mpg, 7 seat"

Cons: "Stalls occasionally, 3 seats w/only lap belt"

"This car is a great deal for its price. It gets a surprising 26 highway mpg. It comes with remote lock/unlock, front and rear spray wash, 7 seats (2 are rear facing, 4 have shoulder belts), automatic window sliding for the whole car, and and power steering. This car has worked pretty well for me, but mine only has 92,000 miles. It does occasionally stall when parked, but overall for a 20 year old car that you can get for under $2000, you should consider it if money is tight."

very good condition car

By on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

"very good condition car that has a maintenance history"

Great, comfortable, good value motoring.

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pros: "Value, Size, Comfort, Reliability."

Cons: "None in my opinion."

"I previously had an 87 Sable sedan and a 94 Sable wagon, the Mercury Sable being basically the same as the Ford Taurus. Both were brought with low mileage and were good clean cars. I used both for a round trip daily commute of 125 miles and they gave outstanding service. When the wagon gave up I got my current Taurus from a used car lot. It had 77K on it with one owner and was in excellent condition. I have owned it now for nearly a year and a half and it is reliable just needing the regular maintenance and repair you expect year to year. I usually get around four years / 120000 miles of service from a $2000 Taurus/Sable before retiring them for another one. I think this is great value, and bargain on around $750 a year average a year on service and repairs. My annual costs to own and run at 30000 miles a year equal somewhere around $1250 ( not including gas ). If you equate that to the average 12000 miles a year it would be around $500 a year or less than $42 a month. The best bargain motoring available in my opinion, especially as you get a nice looking, comfortable and roomy midsize car with electric windows, door locks and on the Sables even electric seats. A much better buy than a new small bare bones inport car that's going to cost you five times as much each month. I am really happy with the Taurus/Sable range and have no near term plans to drive anything else."

Amazing vehicle for its age

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pros: "Super fun to drive and very, very fast."

"Super fast, responsive, gets a lot of compliments, very un-common, comfortable, reliable. Is a little high maintenance so I don't recommend to people who aren't mechanically inclined."

great drivable car!!!

By on Saturday, October 05, 2013

Pros: "nice riding car, dependable too"

Cons: "none, i realy like this car alot!!!"

"very reliable and great driving car. "doesnt hurt it has a 5 star crash test rating either" i would recomend this car to anyone who just wants a nice reliable vehicle."

20 years and going strong!!!

By on Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Pros: "Good handling, nice acceleration, good solid car!"

Cons: "As I mentioned the driver door panel that's all"

"This car is solid piece of machinery. I inherited it from my grandparents. For twenty years old it's running great, runs like clockwork. I'm only 18 years old and it's a fine first car. It handles great lots of grip on the pavement. The start up is smooth as butter.the only flaw is the driver door panel is a bit loose but that's it!"

Last of the true 5-speeds

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pros: "FAST FAST FAST"

Cons: "Rare car, expensive parts."

"I bought my 1995 Taurus SHO in 2002 with 77k miles on it. 11 years later I've replaced the AC pump, rebuilt the tranny (it was out of fluid, didn't know a sealed tranny leaked!), replaced the fuel pump and a few tires. Overall I haven't spent what I paid for it so that's good in my book. The ride is solid and smooth proving you have good tires and alignment. I've been hit numerous times but the other cars always fared worse. The body is still in great shape with the only paint issues being on the plastic wing but even then you only see it up close. I admit I wasn't religious with the interior so the seats look bad and the old ceiling fabric is tearing. Still plenty of power from the Yamaha power plant Ford gave it yet still makes for a great commuter car."

own this car

By on Sunday, September 08, 2013

Pros: "20yr old car looks fantastic."

"Was rebuilt at Freedom Ford Norfolk-new body work,paint,suspension,radiator,A/C-added after work at dealer-new silverstar headlights,led tailights,Sony CD stereo,and Momo Winter Pro aluminum wheels."

garbage in garbage out

By on Thursday, August 29, 2013

"if you do not do factory scheduled maint. you should not expect flawless reliability,we inherited my father in laws 94 taurus lx 3.8 with 245000 miles,it has been in the family since new and after replacing the tranny at 170k and one tune at 190k it now takes my teenage daughter to and from school and work,it is not her dream car but the price was great and my younger daughter has her eye on it as well,when it finally dies we will ship it to the junk yard with a tear knowing it gave it`s all,so dont go buying these cars 10 or 15 yrs down the line with out knowing anything about them and expect miracles"

very quick

By on Monday, April 22, 2013

Pros: "fast comfy and good looking"

Cons: "drinks premium fuel"

"I love driving my sho. Its quick big and comfortable. No rust and its 20 years old. Only work i have had to do is regular maintenance and replace the rear struts."

bought it for a temporary car and price was right,

By on Monday, April 01, 2013

Pros: "keeps right on running"

Cons: "interior is very fragile and paint did not hold up"

"After an accident in my SUV I needed something temporary until I could decide what to do. Bought this car two years ago, milage was low price was right,still have it and it runs great. I tote a lot of kids and the interior did not hold up well at all. But the smog test was the cleanest the mechanic had ever seen. He said the engine was strong. I do do my due maintenence had had the engine and transmission flushed right after I got it and I have had to replace the serpinetine belt. Was not fond of this car before I bought but it is running great. I think the year is one of the best."

very good car.

By on Thursday, March 21, 2013

"very good car,if taking care of and my car is very good to me.i had this car for a year and half and so far it been good to me.i has one little thing to add that it not as great on gas, but it run very good if taking care of and that what i do.i change oil every 3 months or every 3ooo miles sin i has it.and tune it and change it oil went it need it.so far it been great."

Best value and comfort for the price!

By on Saturday, October 06, 2012

Pros: "Smooth drive, safe and solid."

"I purchased my used 1995 Taurus 8 years ago with 68k mileage. It now has 170k. I usually drive within a 15 mile radius but have taken many trips out of state as well. I have replaced the brakes 3 times and they need to be replaced soon. I have also replaced the transmission with a rebuilt transmission 7 years ago, which now needs some repair. I replaced the water pump over 6 years ago. The radiator under the dash went out 6 years ago, but I never replaced this because the cost of removing the front dash was not in my budget and because I live in So. Cal I never use the heater that much. The seating is comfortable and the trunk is huge, which has helped with car-pooling and transporting sporting goods for the kids. Now that my son is in college, I have no use for this space but after researching newer cars, I have decided that keeping my Taurus and the low-cost care is far better than paying monthly payments. Finding parts for the older Taurus's can be found from salvage/towing companies. I would also like to mention that the Taurus is comfortable and very roomie compared to the newer models."

Free Car Given sat in uncles yard for a while

By on Thursday, May 17, 2012

Reason: died/junkyard

Pros: "Great in snow! Will last for a while if taken care"

Cons: "ok on gas, cheap interier"

"My sister got this car when she got her license and then I got it. Car was a 1994 Lx V6 with 117,000 miles C]car was a tank! Drove the thing into the ground until it died. Interior is cheap but will last. Cup holders are in the worst spot. Car drove awesome in the snow plowed right through it. Car was rusted out under neath but lasted 5 years. Was a great free car and is great for a new driver because it will last!"

Best 1st car i've had since last sept.

By on Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Pros: "Reliable engine, handles good."

Cons: "differnt cup holder maybe"

"Reliable, easy to work car, low maintenance, good gas mileage."

A very reliable and comfortable old car

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Good people mover. easy to get parts"

Cons: "suspension is a little too firm at times."

"My second old Taurus had it about 5 years now. Use as an around town vehicle although have taken long trips with it. So far I have not had to add any oil or other fluids to it between oil changes. Gas milage is not to bad for its age and size averaging around 20 mpg. Holds the road fairly well on snowy roads. It has been a good second car to have to commute with. Body and interior are in good shape although I admit because of its age I don't worry too much about where I park it like I do our newer car."

So Reliable

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "price, reliable, comfy, awesome"

Cons: "cup holders are not good, no cruise control"

"I love my old Taurus! I've driven it through high school and college. I have put it through so much and still has never let me down. Never had a break down of any sort. I would suggest this car to anyone who wants a reliable car and really comfy car."

the most reliable car i have ever drove!

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

"it has never broke down on me and is soooo reliable. i alwase know it is going to start. it also gets great gas mileage!"

What a blast

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pros: "Yamaha motor"

Cons: "cheap interior"

"This is a very fun car to drive. I have the 5Speed version. The Yamaha motor makes the car!"

ONE OF BEST

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "GREAT ENGINE 6.0L A MILESTONE CAR FOR FORD."

Cons: "BASIC CAR. NOT LUXURY."

"I AMM 66 YEARS OLD AND HAVE BEEN DRIVING SINCE I WAS 16. I BOUGHT THIS CAR 5 YEARS AGO AND THE 3.0 ENGINE ALWAYS STARTS AND RUNS SMOOTH AS SILK. DEFINITELY ONE OF MY BEST EGINES EVER. TRANSMISSION HAD NO ISSUES OR FILINGS WHEN CHECKED OUT. I HAVE FIXED MOST OTHER PARTS ON A 19 YEAR OLD CAR. EXAUST, BRAKES,,SUSPENSION, AND FRONT SPRINGS. I THINK MY TOTAL COSTS INCLUDING $400 PURCHASE AND $3,500 OF REPAIRS AVERAGES TO AROUND $85 A MONTH AND IT'S STILL FINE.AND IT HAS MINIMAL RUST FOR VERMONT. MY MANY SUBARUS WOULD BE TOAST AT THIS AGE."

Best vechicle ever.

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

"I have loved this car. It has been so reliable."

(I am working on getting another one just like it.

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Reason: it fianaly blew up

"Absolutely the best car I have ever owned. I loved it for every mile of the way. Best bang for your buck. Drove mine from 50k to 260k miles. All it took to keep going was just basic maintenance. Only bad part about the car, parts for it are getting harder to get.... and are getting expensive."

I love this car!

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

Cons: "small cup holders"

"I got this car in CT and drove it to AZ and it did great... That was over a year ago. And it is still going strong... She (the car) might need a little face lift but other then that she is great. :-)"

I bought this car new in 1995

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pros: "great mid size car and a fair price at the time"

Cons: "no flip seats to the trunk - sometimes handy"

"Very few repairs besides normal wear and tear. Will be finally trading her in on a new model due to travelling more miles daily (and a kid off to college!)."