1995 Ford Taurus

7.9

Based on 217 Ratings for the 1992 - 1995 models.

Love this car

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2007

"95 Taurus 3.8L se.. this car is dependable and quick. The tranny has had to be rebuilt at 90k and the heads and gasket had to be replaced at 130k. While that is going on I am also replacing the water pump... Just a preemptive thing. The biggest thing I don't like about this car is the lack of room to work on it engine..... there is just a frogs hair worth of room to work in and you darn near need to pull th engine to change anything on it. Had to pull the exhaust off to change a speed sensor and pull the radiator out to change air compressor for the AC........ but will drive the wheels off this car."

IF YOU CAN FIND IT BUY IT

By on Saturday, August 25, 2007

"Bought car new and now have 200k miles with no problems.Transmission serviced at 50k heater core at 120k, oil pan gasket at 175k. Very dependable car and would highly recommend. The car is 13yrs old and I still see a lot of them on the road in very good condition.Great value makes a good first or second car, hope to get another 200k."

Last of the true 5-speeds

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pros: "FAST FAST FAST"

Cons: "Rare car, expensive parts."

"I bought my 1995 Taurus SHO in 2002 with 77k miles on it. 11 years later I've replaced the AC pump, rebuilt the tranny (it was out of fluid, didn't know a sealed tranny leaked!), replaced the fuel pump and a few tires. Overall I haven't spent what I paid for it so that's good in my book. The ride is solid and smooth proving you have good tires and alignment. I've been hit numerous times but the other cars always fared worse. The body is still in great shape with the only paint issues being on the plastic wing but even then you only see it up close. I admit I wasn't religious with the interior so the seats look bad and the old ceiling fabric is tearing. Still plenty of power from the Yamaha power plant Ford gave it yet still makes for a great commuter car."

OH YEA!

By on Monday, June 23, 2008

"Bought 2 1993 Taurus GL sedans and did the usual maintanance that you'd expect for an 8 year old vehicle. I gave one to my daughter and kept the other as my primary vehicle. I found it comforable and economical with it's 3.0 v6, a smooth ride and liked the body style as well. I happened to drive a 93 SHO for a friend to shake down any potential problems before it went on his used car lot. I was smitten by the horse power bug and had to find one for myself, I also liked the leather interior and speed sensitive steering. I bought one that had been crashed and repaired and loved it totaly,that includes Mobil 1 at the correct interval not evey year like some people do! Poor maintanance will kill the best engeneering in the world so paying attention to more than the gas guage is a must. Every car has it's share of intrinsic problems that's what keeps the dealership mechanics buisy and keeps the dealership alive. Living in the rust belt took it's toll on my SHO but akter months of searching I did find another SHO and never concidered anything else as a replacement. I found a 93 SHO that was owned lovingly by a retired Ford exec. in Texas and it will never see a salty road. Buying any used car is a roll of the dice if you don;t know what to look for. Take a mechanic and do your research before you buy because the last thing you want is to buy a used car that's already been neglected. Look at the fluids,it's the cars lifeblood and tells tales of how it was cared for. I love my SHO. Point it in the right direction before you hit the petal because you're going to get there faster than you think!"

bought it for a temporary car and price was right,

By on Monday, April 01, 2013

Pros: "keeps right on running"

Cons: "interior is very fragile and paint did not hold up"

"After an accident in my SUV I needed something temporary until I could decide what to do. Bought this car two years ago, milage was low price was right,still have it and it runs great. I tote a lot of kids and the interior did not hold up well at all. But the smog test was the cleanest the mechanic had ever seen. He said the engine was strong. I do do my due maintenence had had the engine and transmission flushed right after I got it and I have had to replace the serpinetine belt. Was not fond of this car before I bought but it is running great. I think the year is one of the best."