1994 Ford Taurus

7.9

Based on 217 Ratings for the 1992 - 1995 models.

OH YEA!

By on Monday, June 23, 2008

"Bought 2 1993 Taurus GL sedans and did the usual maintanance that you'd expect for an 8 year old vehicle. I gave one to my daughter and kept the other as my primary vehicle. I found it comforable and economical with it's 3.0 v6, a smooth ride and liked the body style as well. I happened to drive a 93 SHO for a friend to shake down any potential problems before it went on his used car lot. I was smitten by the horse power bug and had to find one for myself, I also liked the leather interior and speed sensitive steering. I bought one that had been crashed and repaired and loved it totaly,that includes Mobil 1 at the correct interval not evey year like some people do! Poor maintanance will kill the best engeneering in the world so paying attention to more than the gas guage is a must. Every car has it's share of intrinsic problems that's what keeps the dealership mechanics buisy and keeps the dealership alive. Living in the rust belt took it's toll on my SHO but akter months of searching I did find another SHO and never concidered anything else as a replacement. I found a 93 SHO that was owned lovingly by a retired Ford exec. in Texas and it will never see a salty road. Buying any used car is a roll of the dice if you don;t know what to look for. Take a mechanic and do your research before you buy because the last thing you want is to buy a used car that's already been neglected. Look at the fluids,it's the cars lifeblood and tells tales of how it was cared for. I love my SHO. Point it in the right direction before you hit the petal because you're going to get there faster than you think!"

Last of the true 5-speeds

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pros: "FAST FAST FAST"

Cons: "Rare car, expensive parts."

"I bought my 1995 Taurus SHO in 2002 with 77k miles on it. 11 years later I've replaced the AC pump, rebuilt the tranny (it was out of fluid, didn't know a sealed tranny leaked!), replaced the fuel pump and a few tires. Overall I haven't spent what I paid for it so that's good in my book. The ride is solid and smooth proving you have good tires and alignment. I've been hit numerous times but the other cars always fared worse. The body is still in great shape with the only paint issues being on the plastic wing but even then you only see it up close. I admit I wasn't religious with the interior so the seats look bad and the old ceiling fabric is tearing. Still plenty of power from the Yamaha power plant Ford gave it yet still makes for a great commuter car."

bought it for a temporary car and price was right,

By on Monday, April 01, 2013

Pros: "keeps right on running"

Cons: "interior is very fragile and paint did not hold up"

"After an accident in my SUV I needed something temporary until I could decide what to do. Bought this car two years ago, milage was low price was right,still have it and it runs great. I tote a lot of kids and the interior did not hold up well at all. But the smog test was the cleanest the mechanic had ever seen. He said the engine was strong. I do do my due maintenence had had the engine and transmission flushed right after I got it and I have had to replace the serpinetine belt. Was not fond of this car before I bought but it is running great. I think the year is one of the best."

solid auto

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"Strong and dependable. Replaced transmission under warranty @ 32000 mi. Heater core @52000mi for $800. Water pump @ 72000. Owned for 12 years. Will be my son's 1st car....."

Best 1st car i've had since last sept.

By on Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Pros: "Reliable engine, handles good."

Cons: "differnt cup holder maybe"

"Reliable, easy to work car, low maintenance, good gas mileage."

DEPENDABLE

By on Monday, October 12, 2009

"I bought this car for $1500 with 93,000 miles and have put 10 thousand miles on it in 4 months. The car is amazing. I wish I could afford a new one. 31 mpg on the highway and 25mpg in town."

Bang for your buck! Very Fast & Fun!

By on Friday, July 03, 2009

"I love the SHO. Only models from 1989-1995 of course. You cant go wrong with this car. Especially for the price. No downfalls what so ever. Its excellent on gas. Has a very powerful V6 Yamaha built motor that produces 220 hp. Great handling for a "Ford". I've owned several SHO's and love them. The automatic models are pretty fun, but the 5-speed manual models are a blast to drive. These yamaha motors scream when you hit the gas pedal. I highly recomend this car to everyone. It is perfect for any family, or for your weekend cruiser. A MUST TO GET YOUR HAND ON. For those who dont know what SHO stands for. Its stands for Super High Output."

By on Monday, April 07, 2008

First Car

By on Friday, February 01, 2008

"I had my 94 Taurus for 8 years. I'm just recently getting a new car. The only reason I'm getting a new car is b/c my car was involved in an accident. I had very few probs w/ this car. It was very easy to drive. I would recommend this car for a college or high school student."

some wind noise

By on Tuesday, December 04, 2007

"Worst thing about the 2 95 Taurus' that I had is the windnoise through the front windows. Adding higher profile tires will smooth out the rather rough ride. The 3.0 engine is very dependable."

Best American Ford In This Class Ever

By on Monday, December 03, 2007

"I bought this car in 1994 from a Car Rental Company. It had 15,600 miles on it, and was in Excellent shape, just a few "Dings" and several Cigarette holes in the upholstery. These were repaired by the Rental Company before i took possession of the car. It has LOTS of passenger space. In December 2008, it's STILL servicing us well. I have been pretty meticulous with maintaining the body and the engine, waxing, polycoating, tune-ups, oil changes (every 3,000 miles), tires, alignments, Etc. In 1996 (somewhere around there, I had a Rebuilt Transmission put in it. To date, I've had no problems.). I was extremely disappointed when Ford decided to discontinue the model for a short while. Maybe it ran too well. The car now has 128,000 miles on it, still running well, and owes us NOTHING-!! It is the BEST American car that I've ever owned. I've owned Cheveys, Fords, a Chrysler, and two Dodges. I never bought another American car for fear that I couldn't find another one like it."

Awesome Drive

By on Sunday, October 21, 2007

"My husband has had his 94' SHO (manual) for almost 10yrs now and the car still drives like a champ! It is the true sleeper. There are a few mods that we added for a bit more HP and even with the hard driving that me or my husband puts it through, it still hangs tuff. Many people are surprised at how well it handles, drives and boogies down the road in a race. And alot of people weren't even aware of this car. I love the car and everybody that runs across it, falls in love too. A great car but I'm not so sure about the Automatics though."

Great Engine and Seats

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2007

"If you want a value "sleeper" vehicle at a reasonable price, this is the one for you! I've owned an early 90's SHO for 14 years. Only at 100k miles did I have to put money into major, but expected repairs (belts, major tune, breaks, timing belt, alternator, water pump, and a few other normal wear items). The seats are some of the best I've ever sat in. Multi-position punamatic adjustments with terrific lumbar and side bolster supports. Even after a long trip these seats remain comfortable! The "premium" sound system is a now a bit dated, but still decent. Being an early 90's Ford however, the interior and weather seals are finally showing wear as the car spends most of its time in the CA sun. I've always put good (V or Z rated) tires on the vehicle and have never regreted it. After all these miles the engine still remains a terrifically torquie one with lots of reserve power on the down shift. A real sleeper too."

solid driving car

By on Friday, September 28, 2007

"95 Taurus with 3,8 engine. Other than head gasket replacement (at Ford's cost) the car has been very reliable, Gets 28 mpg with highway driving, 18mpg in town. Wheel alignment holds tight and tire wear is excellent. Smooth power train and quiet at highway speeds. Ample acceleration. Car has been garaged and used primarily for long trips. Has only 38000 miles on it. Purchased new in November 1994."

Lots of Fun

By on Friday, September 21, 2007

"This middleaged mom uses the SHO for her backup vehicle. Love to pull up to a sports car. They see Mom in a Taurus and pay no attention. The light turns green and I blow them away and the pedal ain't even near the metal. Love the acceleration and handling. Great performance but have had some repair issues. Ignitions are weak on these cars and will need replacement. Air conditioning died after 9 years - fixed but was expensive. No engine or transmission trouble yet but I only have 100K on it. Fun to drive but high performance vehicles are higher maintainence."

great sleeper

By on Tuesday, September 04, 2007

"Over the past 6 years that ive owned this vehicle i have had to make some minor tune ups and repairs, nothing major, the motor, trans, and drive train is all still stock after over 150,000 miles! its a great car and ive loved every minute of it."

(I am working on getting another one just like it.

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Reason: it fianaly blew up

"Absolutely the best car I have ever owned. I loved it for every mile of the way. Best bang for your buck. Drove mine from 50k to 260k miles. All it took to keep going was just basic maintenance. Only bad part about the car, parts for it are getting harder to get.... and are getting expensive."

Excellent

By on Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pros: "Spacious without being over-sized, economical mileage"

"Bought this car from original owner, and it is the best pre-owned vehicle I have ever owned. Well-maintained by the original owner, I have had virtually nothing to do on it other than to continue routine maintenance. The gas mileage, 25 mpg depending on city/highway roadways, was quite predictable and satisfactory. I would buy another Taurus without hesitation based on this vehicle's performance. Excellent interior and trunk space, driving visability, well-designed controls"

I Love This Car!

By on Sunday, July 26, 2009

"When I first bought this car its was pretty worn. But I took the time to deep clean the interior and the motor. I had to change the tires, brakes, rotors, fluids, filters, bulbs. I Have to say it looks and runs good as new! It has never let me down even in the winter when it was 37 below and with 153k miles! Never had to do any engine/tranny overhauls! It has pretty good acceleration, talk about bang for your buck! It also has pretty good trunk space. However I do not like how the hinges go into the trunk.. But how can I complain for only paying $500 for this car."

'95 Ford Taurus wagon GL

By on Friday, July 17, 2009

"Very reliable vehicle. Our first '95 Taurus hit 220,000 miles and then we gave it to a friend.......now it is at 229,000 and still going!!!!! Our current '95 Taurus made it to 181,000. The engine just died but it is not clear if it was a mechanical issue or if we overlooked some maintenance. Both of these vehicles were very faithful and I would love to have another one. Seats are very comfortable. You can transport almost anything in it, just put the back seats down if you have really long items to be moved. Gas MHP was in the low 20's."

Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned

By on Tuesday, June 02, 2009

"My Taurus is 15 years old! It runs great, I maintain it properly. All I can say is "What a well-made car!"

By on Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"This was my first car. I bought it for 1300 and it had 83000 miles on it. No major problems. Had to replace brake lines and ball joints but thats it. Ive had this car for 2 years and its a great RELIABLE car. Im looking for something a little sportier now but this car really has served its purpose well. Its not the most stylish car but if you need a car that will start everytime and get you where you need to go I would recommend this one. Great starter car!!!!"

I LOVE My Taurus!

By on Monday, February 16, 2009

"My taurus wagon has been one of the best cars I've ever owned. Nice ride, roomy, pet and grandkid friendly, great for camping in! Minimal repairs over the past 7 years. Gonna be a hard car to replace for the money!"

By on Saturday, January 10, 2009

"I only had to replace the engine cradle due to it rusting out. Normal maintence only needed after that. The car is very reliable and great on gasoline."

Good car

By on Saturday, January 10, 2009

"Listen this is my 3rd Taurus SHO, I like these cars, because they are a blast to drive, you average high 20's MPG on highway and high teens in city driving. Plenty of power. and reliable.Parts are usually easy to find at local autoparts stores. Just look for oil leaks. If you are looking for a long term car, prepare to spend between 500 and 1000.00 extra all at once or bit by bit stopping the oil leaks. But once thats taken care of, your good to go. for tech info check out shoforum.com goodluck"