1994 Ford Taurus

7.9

Based on 214 Ratings for the 1992 - 1995 models.

garbage in garbage out

By on Thursday, August 29, 2013

"if you do not do factory scheduled maint. you should not expect flawless reliability,we inherited my father in laws 94 taurus lx 3.8 with 245000 miles,it has been in the family since new and after replacing the tranny at 170k and one tune at 190k it now takes my teenage daughter to and from school and work,it is not her dream car but the price was great and my younger daughter has her eye on it as well,when it finally dies we will ship it to the junk yard with a tear knowing it gave it`s all,so dont go buying these cars 10 or 15 yrs down the line with out knowing anything about them and expect miracles"

very quick

By on Monday, April 22, 2013

Pros: "fast comfy and good looking"

Cons: "drinks premium fuel"

"I love driving my sho. Its quick big and comfortable. No rust and its 20 years old. Only work i have had to do is regular maintenance and replace the rear struts."

bought it for a temporary car and price was right,

By on Monday, April 01, 2013

Pros: "keeps right on running"

Cons: "interior is very fragile and paint did not hold up"

"After an accident in my SUV I needed something temporary until I could decide what to do. Bought this car two years ago, milage was low price was right,still have it and it runs great. I tote a lot of kids and the interior did not hold up well at all. But the smog test was the cleanest the mechanic had ever seen. He said the engine was strong. I do do my due maintenence had had the engine and transmission flushed right after I got it and I have had to replace the serpinetine belt. Was not fond of this car before I bought but it is running great. I think the year is one of the best."

very good car.

By on Thursday, March 21, 2013

"very good car,if taking care of and my car is very good to me.i had this car for a year and half and so far it been good to me.i has one little thing to add that it not as great on gas, but it run very good if taking care of and that what i do.i change oil every 3 months or every 3ooo miles sin i has it.and tune it and change it oil went it need it.so far it been great."

Best value and comfort for the price!

By on Saturday, October 06, 2012

Pros: "Smooth drive, safe and solid."

"I purchased my used 1995 Taurus 8 years ago with 68k mileage. It now has 170k. I usually drive within a 15 mile radius but have taken many trips out of state as well. I have replaced the brakes 3 times and they need to be replaced soon. I have also replaced the transmission with a rebuilt transmission 7 years ago, which now needs some repair. I replaced the water pump over 6 years ago. The radiator under the dash went out 6 years ago, but I never replaced this because the cost of removing the front dash was not in my budget and because I live in So. Cal I never use the heater that much. The seating is comfortable and the trunk is huge, which has helped with car-pooling and transporting sporting goods for the kids. Now that my son is in college, I have no use for this space but after researching newer cars, I have decided that keeping my Taurus and the low-cost care is far better than paying monthly payments. Finding parts for the older Taurus's can be found from salvage/towing companies. I would also like to mention that the Taurus is comfortable and very roomie compared to the newer models."