2008 Ford Taurus X

Based on 111 Ratings for the 2008 - 2009 models.

Great Buy

By on Friday, January 11, 2013

"We bought this car used with about 23,000 miles and currently have about 47,000. So, it's still in the early stages but it's been great so far and we paid about $8,000 less than we would have for a similar Honda Pilot. This car is easier to drive than the Pilot or the minivans we were looking at -- it offers great packing/space options and is easier to drive than the vehicles I mentioned. It has plenty of power too. The AWD works fantastic as we head to Stevens Pass over 30 times a year and we see some good storms there. I was surprised but the AWD works better than the Subaru Forester I used to have and the Toyota RAV4 4wd that I still have. Highway MPG is about 22 and it seems a little more like 20.5 during the winter. It could probably go better but we have a box on top and the tires need replacing. Brakes needed replacing at around 40,000 and sometimes the seats are tricky to get them to fold. Other than this it's been great. We take a 4,000 mile road trip every summer and this is a dream. Cruise at 80 mph and it's not breaking a sweat. I think this car has great value potential for families looking for a utility car."

By on Thursday, March 11, 2010

"I have a 2008 Taurus X with AWD. It has plenty of power, and it rides very smoothly. I love all of the room in it, and I love the body style. The top of the dash and trim on the doors seem a little cheap for the car, but the power seats and leather interior are very nice. I average 23 MPG per tank, and that includes city and highway driving. Overall, I love my X, and I would reccomend it to my friends."

Great car!

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "Comfy, great ride/ power, cheap to own, spacious."

Cons: "Dummy Ford, you discontinued a great car!"

"In my opinion, this vehicle is underrated. Never had a problem, great gas mileage, seats seven with enough space for luggage and drives great. All the other Ford Taurus X and Freestyle (same car) owners that I know are very happy withe their purchase. Nice looking car, great wheels and a style that stands out from all other SUVs and Crossovers."

best suv

By on Saturday, November 13, 2010

"this is a great winter car, hugs the icy road great. plenty of room, with three rows of seat, easy to lay down the seat for cargo area. I have always driven large pick up but this car is so easy to drive and parking is a breeze. Do not understand why ford stopped making this model."

Finally a great Taurus

By on Monday, December 8, 2008

"In sales and have had 6-7 company owned Tauruses. This is the best. Love the height. I have AWD and had no problem pushing through 8" of snow in Northern Michigan. This wagon can haul a lot of stuff!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Taurus X near Honolulu. See local deals