• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2008 Ford Taurus X

Based on 101 Ratings for the 2008 - 2009 models.

The Ford Taurus X Limited is an awesome vehicle.

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, fun to drive, roomy, sharpe looking"

Cons: "As of today I have nothing to complain about."

"I love my Taurus X Limited. I just don't understand why they stopped making them. Mine drives and looks great. Mine is bright white with chrome side mirrors, chrome grill and elsewhere. It's a sharp looking vehicle. It has sooooo many great features. LOL I'm still finding out features I didn't know about."

Predecessor to the "New" Explorer...

By on Saturday, July 26, 2014

Pros: "Utility, room,AWD, good power, decent MPGs,comfort"

Cons: "Small Heat/AC buttons mounted low, eyes off road.."

"This crossover has the body style of a Freestyle, the interior, drivetrain, and face of an Edge, with room to spare. Interior and drivetrain are very similar to the Latest Generation Explorer. Vehicle handles very well, feels confidently heavy, grips the road like a cat, is easy to drive with excellent sight lines. AWD makes the car winter friendly, handles New England ice and snow without worry. Leather seating is comfortable at any of the six bucket style seats. Rows 2&3 can fold flat. This third row is adult sized with ample headroom. 3.5L V6 MPGs average 21 to 22 in mixed driving, can get to 24 on a trip. Six speed transmission shifts well, I find the transfer / transaxle case noisy however...whirring noise, at low speeds, even changed front wheel bearings with no change. Body is well protected by cladding on wheel arches and lower body panels. Very safe accident rating, has 10 air bags. 18" Alloy wheels are beautiful, ample sized disk brakes at all wheels are confident. Highway ride is exceptionally quiet, suspension is firm. Tires can be a source of noise dependent on tread style and wear. Excellent lighting for nighttime visibility. Aluminum alloy hood will bubble paint at leading edge. This vehicle replaced a much loved early Escape SUV with over 200k miles, has more power, more room, more luxury, better MPGs. Taurus X Model only in 2008 / 2009. Ford did nothing to promote this vehicle. Funny how the "New" Explorer is so popular, expensive, and so similar."

Love the room!

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "Value and room"

Cons: "Loud cabin noise"

"I absolutely love the room and versatility this car offers. The power driver's seat is very comfortable and at 5'3" it gives a great view of the road. It's not the most stylish but very functional and it's not ugly... :) Mileage is very livable for an older model of this size. Myself and four teenage kids have no problem traveling with multiple power ports. I've had several types of vehicles and this crossover fits all of my current needs perfectly."

Good crossover for the money....sharp looking

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

"Good crossover for the money...rides nice...fair mileage...Eddie Bauer edition is sharp looking to the 30+ crowd (two tone) with well appointed bright metal accents. Huge cargo space compared to later model Suvs. Good durability. Only gripe is the rear glass/bumper is a dirt catcher due to aero dynamics of the pitched roof."

Great Vehicle

By on Saturday, April 26, 2014

Pros: "Spacious"

Cons: ""mouse fur" like material on the seating"

"One of the best company cars I've ever had so I purchased it. The day I picked it up new my neighbor backed into the drivers door which was unbelievable! The autobody shop did a terrible job and the white suede paint was difficult to match. Other than that I got a great deal from my company on the car at almost $10k off KBB value! I have the SEL AWD very roomy, confident and quiet ride, never any mechanical issues. I recently brought the car out of a 19 month storage and no problems other than a mouse building a nest in the air intake and gnawing on a few wires! My mechanic showed me the nest which contained the dead mouse!On that note the only complaint I would have on this vehicle is the "mouse fur" like material on the seating which is not very durable."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Taurus X near Honolulu. See local deals