2007 Ford Ranger Super Cab

Based on 1319 Ratings for the 2001 - 2011 models.

Can't Complian

By on Sunday, September 20, 2009

"I've had my Ranger FX4 for 5 years. I have had no major mechanical repairs. I have been overwhelmed on how well it handles and gets through snow. I live in the upper midwest where we have snow storms of over 20 inches and it trucked along right through ever bit of it with no problems. I recently got the fuel system flushed and was surprised at the added MPG. I have outgrown the space inside of it now and am going to be looking for a larger vehicle. When I was looking for a vehicle 5 years ago i would have never imagined that this little truck would do EVERYTHING i asked for it to do and come back for more. I would highly reccomend a vehicle like this for anyone looking for a small truck with alot a gitty up and go and also with the ability to haul just about anything city folk would want. I have made several 1400 mile plus trips in it and I can't complain about the ride of the truck how it gets up and goes on the interstate when you need it. It's always started even in -29 degree weather and ran like a champ. I guess thats part of the reason its built ford tough!"

running strong..........still

By on Sunday, February 5, 2012

Pros: "runns great"

Cons: "wind noise around doors"

"new fuel pump $650 after 135000 miles still going strong.... super chip programmer, gibson exhaust stage 2, air raid intake, truck is strong on performance mode, gets 18.6 avg on mixed driving on ex-stream fuel economy mode has done over 22 mpg on hwy trips"

solid work truck

By on Thursday, January 21, 2010

"I bought this truck a few years ago to use as a work truck for the occupation of forester. The reason I initially bought this truck is with other brands, in order to get a v6, skid plates and 4wd they required you to buy a high end trim level. The truck to date has logged 60 thousand miles and has only required regular maintenance. The truck is relatively cheap to run with a average mpg between 18-20 in mixed highway/ forest road driving. With a set of bfg all terrain tires the, truck delivers good fwd performance with the ability to climb steep dirt grades and break trail through a foot of snow. The XL trim works good for a work truck because of the vinyl seats and rubber floor does not get funky from riding in it with wet clothes/gear. On the downside the truck is not very refined, and has a tendency to bounce around when taking turns on a rough road. the cab is also a little small for a larger person, and with the regular cab and two passengers there is virtually no room for gear inside the cab. Overall the truck delivers what could be expected form a compact, and has proven to be a low cost, reliable vehicle to run. A few things which would be nice to see in future models is a slightly larger cab, more refined suspension, and a option for a small diesel engine."

Expectation

By on Sunday, December 27, 2009

"What more could you want from a small economical pickup (only city driving getting 22 minimum-25 mpg). Was going to buy the Tacoma 4 Cyl, previous vehicle was altima and it ran great. The ranger was reveiwed well by car and track and consumers reports with the edge going to the Tacoma, Howerver spoke with repair shops auto part counter workers and Read everything i could about these ford/mazda little trucks before i bought. In the end the ford was a better proven platform. BULLET PROOF and time proven and tested. 2.3L 5 spd 410 rear gears have PLENTY of power for this truck. Read the reviews from owners of Tacomas and rangers, too many Tacoma gripes. Ranger owners reviews sold this truck to me."

never had any problems....great vehicle

By on Saturday, August 8, 2015

"Also has small rear doors and two "jump" seats...in excellent condition.....has bug deflector.."

2003 Ranger excellent small pickup for light duty

By on Saturday, February 28, 2015

Pros: "Reliable affordable transportation."

Cons: "Location of heat control awkward with trans in 5th"

"I bought this truck 3 months ago in like new condition, only having 38,000 miles. It is minimalist, with few to no options and is exactly what I was looking for. 4 cylinder engine, 6 foot bed, manual trans, 2wd. Gas mileage is right at 30 mpg, measured with 75% highway and 25% city driving. Visibility is excellent. The AM FM radio gets great reception, and has surprisingly good sound quality. The truck will likely serve me well for at least the next 10 years."

Great Truck

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

"I have had this truck for two years now. It drives great, always starts, requires no maitenence, aside from oil changes and that type of thing, tows great, and goes through anything I throw at it. A very nice little truck."

darn good truck

By on Friday, March 7, 2014

Pros: "reliable"

"I have owned this vehicle since it was new.I haven't had anything go wrong. it's amazing to me that my husband owns a different brand pick up and he has even had to get a new tranny! I would recommend this pick up to anyone. it's not a type-o...it does have 58,000 miles. Just change the oil every 3,000 miles and you're good to go. It's for sale now and that makes me sad.I hope the next owner appreciates it as much as i do."

Great all around work/pleasure vehicle, economicle

By on Saturday, March 1, 2014

Pros: "Great mileage, good power, very durable, versatile"

Cons: "Room in cab is limited for longer trips."

"This little truck with the 4.0 engine has all the power you need for anything within reason. It will travel at freeway speed all day long and with the 5 speed manual trans it gets very good gas mileage. (up to 24 mpg) I use it quite a bit to pull a10' X 5' steel trailer with a Can Am Commander loaded on it. The commander weighs about 1350# and the trailer a good 1000# and I pull it up and down mountain grades out in Arizona. The mileage is the biggest attraction with the other nice advantage being ease of parking and manueverability."

More solid and better gas mileage than the import

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pros: "Solid, comfortable, pleasant to drive"

Cons: "fishtails on rough roads"

"I bought this ten years ago as a rebuilt wreck, after having three small import pickups. This little Ranger feels more solid and gets better gas mileage. It has been a good little rig and now has 220,000 miles. The only complaint is that like all pickup trucks, the back end is squirrely on rough roads. This one is worse than usual. It has lots of power if you keep the revs high, otherwise it ifeels sluggish."

third one, they never die

By on Monday, February 3, 2014

"Getting bored with them since they hardly redesigned in 15 years but they are tough, decent mileage and tow and haul capacity is good.Interior is bland and i wouldn't trust an automatic transmission again."

Reliable and Inexpensive

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pros: "Everything so far especially reliabilty"

"I have owned the truck for a year and a half and I put 20,000 miles on it. The only repair I have had to make is the mode door actuator for the HVAC. Purchased the part for $40.00 and put it in myself as I am a technician. I drive 43 miles a day on the interstate to work and back and it doesn't skip a beat. I have the 4 cylinder with the 5 speed automatic and it does good on gas. I average about 27 highway. It hauls what I need it to and keeps up with traffic as well as any other small truck and it very comfortable like a car for the commute back and forth to work."

Very reliable and safe transportation

By on Tuesday, December 3, 2013

"I have owned this vehicle since 2001 and have had very few mechanical problems. It has never failed an emissions test and the A/C has always operated well. It has been a safe and reliable means of transportation. It turned out being a bit small but it provided good (22-24 mpg)mileage over the life of this vehicle."

Excellent practical truck

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pros: "Excellent Fuel Mileage, fun to drive, attractive"

Cons: "They don't make them any more!"

"Excellent fuel economy, wonderful performance,brakes and tires lasted over 100,000 miles. Only a few small maintenance issues. Wish they still made them!"

My First Car

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pros: "Good gas milage, good size, easy and nice to drive"

Cons: "A little cramped inside"

"I bought a used stick-shift 2003 Ford Ranger as my first car. I absolutely loved it. It did break down once after a 400 mile trip due to a small problem in the engine, but it was easily fixed, and that was the only problem I had with it. It had great gas milage, decent power, and handeled very well. I'm writing in past tense because while I was driving back from college, I hit black ice on a bridge and rolled it into the ditch. I was not hurt at all, but the truck was very, very totaled. It saved my life and I was very sad to see it go. I would buy it again."

No problems in 3 years.

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "Good sized truck for me."

Cons: "Doesn't have power windows and locks."

"I purchased the truck used over 3 years ago and it has been a very good truck. I replaced the windshield wipers, tires, and battery. There have been no problems and the truck is in very good condition. It has no body damage."

Great small truck

By on Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Pros: "Quality, comfort, dashboard, fun to drive, durabil"

Cons: "gas mileage, some black inside cab"

2004 Ford Ranger in 2013 looks brand new! Very good looking truck.

"This truck is over 9 years old, and still gets mistaken for a much newer vehicle! Paint, chrome, and even the headlight lenses look new. It has never been in a garage, but out in the sun. I have kept it washed and waxed. Only thing I don't like is the black substance on the chrome step bar. It looks faded as it does on all vehicles. Mechanically, this truck is awesome. It doesn't burn any oil, and everything works like it's supposed to. I have had a few expected things wear out and fixed. I don't like having a vehicle with so many miles, but I think I can get at lease another 100,000 miles from it with no problem."

2004 Ford Ranger in 2013 looks brand new! Very good looking truck.

lowest price and lowest cost of maintenance

By on Monday, August 5, 2013

"More than 200,000 miles with ordinary maintenance and wear and tear replacement. Least expensive vehicle I have ever bought and maintained and the lowest price I ever paid for a new vehicle. About to make it my second vehicle cause I need a truck and I know this one's history,"

one of the best trucks ever made.

By on Friday, August 2, 2013

Pros: "the very best you can buy"

Cons: "price is a little bit on the high side"

"i have owned a lot more cars and trucks of all makes and models than most people.used to buy sell and trade all the time plus run a small car lot for awhile.the ford f-150 and ranger are by far the very best.the one i have now has 181,000 miles on it and still drives like new gets in high 20's m.p.g never need to add oil between changes.has no rust and i live in the mountains of nc where a lot of salt is used.but best of all it is american owned.some people say there truck was built in U.S.A and it might be but where do you think the money goes to.thank you MR.FORD for still making the best cars and trucks on the road for over 100 years."

love it very dependable

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Pros: "easy to drive especially on long trips"

Cons: "no cons for me to speak of never had problems"

"I have had this truck for almost 6 yrs now. I have had no major problems with it other than normal stuff like tires,and such. Mine has a 3.0 which is plenty of get up and go especially for freeway driving."

LOVE MY RANGER!!!

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "Great truck, awesome styling, roomy"

Cons: "Bad fuel mileage, choppy ride"

My baby

"My wife bought me this 2005 Ranger to replace my 1987 Ranger with over 500,000 miles on it. I LOVE it!!! The styling is awesome, the color is beautiful and the 4 doors are so handy!! She bought it used from CarMax and it already had the bedliner and hard bedcap on it, which was a huge plus!! The only drawbacks we've found to this truck are the ride is a little choppy, kind of like a small car, and the fuel mileage isn't very good-even with a V-6 (our 2002 Grand Marquis gets better mileage!!). I thought it would ride a little more car-like, but overall I am VERY pleased with this truck and I plan on keeping it until it lays down and dies!!!"

My baby

Easy to drive, excellent steering and handling

By on Thursday, July 4, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"Drives like a dream can drive with comfort smooth riding, also sticks to the road amazingly, can go from 0-60 in a matter of seconds (I am talking like 4 seconds)"

Good value for the money, 3.0L anemic, cheap paint

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pros: "Reliable mechanics, comfy seat, easy in traffic"

Cons: "Cheap paint, seat mechanism/CD broke"

"My 2nd Ranger has proven reliable as the 1st although not very powerful w/the 3.0L 6 cylinder. The 2004 2WD Edge Supercab suits my needs for light hauling and no off road antics. Problem areas after 78K miles and 6 years of ownership include CD player failure, failure of the seat-back tilt mechanism, and also a noticeably cheap paint job. Overall I am pleased with it and plan on keeping it a long time."

Best Smaller sized truck you will ever find!

By on Friday, April 19, 2013

Pros: "Very reliable!"

Cons: "Nothing at all"

"My 2001 Ford Ranger has been through alot in the past years, and it has never ever let me down one bit. reliable, comfortable, and priced right for a very good truck. Ford is #1!"

good vehicle

By on Saturday, December 15, 2012

"good mechanic quality"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Ranger Super Cab near Honolulu. See local deals