2006 Ford Ranger Super Cab

Based on 1324 Ratings for the 2001 - 2011 models.

running strong..........still

By on Sunday, February 5, 2012

Pros: "runns great"

Cons: "wind noise around doors"

"new fuel pump $650 after 135000 miles still going strong.... super chip programmer, gibson exhaust stage 2, air raid intake, truck is strong on performance mode, gets 18.6 avg on mixed driving on ex-stream fuel economy mode has done over 22 mpg on hwy trips"

solid work truck

By on Thursday, January 21, 2010

"I bought this truck a few years ago to use as a work truck for the occupation of forester. The reason I initially bought this truck is with other brands, in order to get a v6, skid plates and 4wd they required you to buy a high end trim level. The truck to date has logged 60 thousand miles and has only required regular maintenance. The truck is relatively cheap to run with a average mpg between 18-20 in mixed highway/ forest road driving. With a set of bfg all terrain tires the, truck delivers good fwd performance with the ability to climb steep dirt grades and break trail through a foot of snow. The XL trim works good for a work truck because of the vinyl seats and rubber floor does not get funky from riding in it with wet clothes/gear. On the downside the truck is not very refined, and has a tendency to bounce around when taking turns on a rough road. the cab is also a little small for a larger person, and with the regular cab and two passengers there is virtually no room for gear inside the cab. Overall the truck delivers what could be expected form a compact, and has proven to be a low cost, reliable vehicle to run. A few things which would be nice to see in future models is a slightly larger cab, more refined suspension, and a option for a small diesel engine."

Great all around work/pleasure vehicle, economicle

By on Saturday, March 1, 2014

Pros: "Great mileage, good power, very durable, versatile"

Cons: "Room in cab is limited for longer trips."

"This little truck with the 4.0 engine has all the power you need for anything within reason. It will travel at freeway speed all day long and with the 5 speed manual trans it gets very good gas mileage. (up to 24 mpg) I use it quite a bit to pull a10' X 5' steel trailer with a Can Am Commander loaded on it. The commander weighs about 1350# and the trailer a good 1000# and I pull it up and down mountain grades out in Arizona. The mileage is the biggest attraction with the other nice advantage being ease of parking and manueverability."

More solid and better gas mileage than the import

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pros: "Solid, comfortable, pleasant to drive"

Cons: "fishtails on rough roads"

"I bought this ten years ago as a rebuilt wreck, after having three small import pickups. This little Ranger feels more solid and gets better gas mileage. It has been a good little rig and now has 220,000 miles. The only complaint is that like all pickup trucks, the back end is squirrely on rough roads. This one is worse than usual. It has lots of power if you keep the revs high, otherwise it ifeels sluggish."

third one, they never die

By on Monday, February 3, 2014

"Getting bored with them since they hardly redesigned in 15 years but they are tough, decent mileage and tow and haul capacity is good.Interior is bland and i wouldn't trust an automatic transmission again."

Reliable and Inexpensive

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pros: "Everything so far especially reliabilty"

"I have owned the truck for a year and a half and I put 20,000 miles on it. The only repair I have had to make is the mode door actuator for the HVAC. Purchased the part for $40.00 and put it in myself as I am a technician. I drive 43 miles a day on the interstate to work and back and it doesn't skip a beat. I have the 4 cylinder with the 5 speed automatic and it does good on gas. I average about 27 highway. It hauls what I need it to and keeps up with traffic as well as any other small truck and it very comfortable like a car for the commute back and forth to work."

Very reliable and safe transportation

By on Tuesday, December 3, 2013

"I have owned this vehicle since 2001 and have had very few mechanical problems. It has never failed an emissions test and the A/C has always operated well. It has been a safe and reliable means of transportation. It turned out being a bit small but it provided good (22-24 mpg)mileage over the life of this vehicle."

Excellent practical truck

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pros: "Excellent Fuel Mileage, fun to drive, attractive"

Cons: "They don't make them any more!"

"Excellent fuel economy, wonderful performance,brakes and tires lasted over 100,000 miles. Only a few small maintenance issues. Wish they still made them!"

My First Car

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pros: "Good gas milage, good size, easy and nice to drive"

Cons: "A little cramped inside"

"I bought a used stick-shift 2003 Ford Ranger as my first car. I absolutely loved it. It did break down once after a 400 mile trip due to a small problem in the engine, but it was easily fixed, and that was the only problem I had with it. It had great gas milage, decent power, and handeled very well. I'm writing in past tense because while I was driving back from college, I hit black ice on a bridge and rolled it into the ditch. I was not hurt at all, but the truck was very, very totaled. It saved my life and I was very sad to see it go. I would buy it again."

No problems in 3 years.

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "Good sized truck for me."

Cons: "Doesn't have power windows and locks."

"I purchased the truck used over 3 years ago and it has been a very good truck. I replaced the windshield wipers, tires, and battery. There have been no problems and the truck is in very good condition. It has no body damage."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Ranger Super Cab near Honolulu. See local deals