• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2005 Ford Ranger Super Cab

Based on 1275 Ratings for the 2001 - 2011 models.

Great First Truck

By on Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pros: "Great Fuel Economy, great for outdoor chores"

Cons: "small cab, 16 spark plugs"

"I have had this car for almost 100,000 miles now, about 7 years, and I think it is great. If you are a single guy or maybe in high school, this is a great vehicle. Nothing fancy about it. Runs great. I usually get 23mpg city and 28 hwy. It is a light truck, so it most definitely needs the weight in the winter months in the back. It isn't very practical if you have a family because only one other person can ride with you.Doing your own mechanical work on it is very simple, besides the spark plugs."

Bought New. Now have 197k on it.

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Pros: "Dependable & Reliable."

Cons: "Seat broke and wont stay up. I have it propped."

"I bought my 2003 Ranger brand new and have put 197,000 miles on it and it still runs like new. Never had any major mechanical issues. One of the most reliable and dependable vehicles I have ever owned. I still can't believe they stopped production on such a solid vehice. As I approach 200k I am debating doing some repairs/maintenence such as new shocks (I still have the originals on it!), and it may need a tie rod and ball joints or getting a new vehicle, Tough decision as I believe this motor will go to 300k the way it starts and runs."

Very dependable, would buy a new one.

By on Friday, March 22, 2013

Cons: "Rear brakes require a lot of attention."

"This has been a great vehicle, very dependable. If Ford still made them I would buy a new one. Instead I am updating this one, installing leather, replacing step bars and getting body nicks repaired. I have looked at the Toyota and Nissan trucks, too small to get in and out of."

Very Nice Vehicle

By on Friday, January 04, 2013

Pros: "4WD; Back Seat; Reliable; Looks Great; Fun."

Cons: "Low Gas Mileage; Basic Sound."

"I have owned this vehicle for less than a year as my vehicle to get to and from school. It has never broken down for the amount of miles on it and there are extreme cosmetic blemishes, just the ware and tare of 13 years of use. The only major issue is the low gas mileage, that is due to the oversize tires it came with. I can deal with that if that is the only problem!"

Yes it's not a typo...8,800 miles 2011 Ranger 4x4

By on Sunday, May 11, 2014

Pros: "Simplicity of operation and repair."

Cons: "The uncomfortable cloth seats."

"I am a land surveyor and was looking for a small 4x4 pickup for my business. It needed to have a cap to enclose my field equipment as well as a trailer hitch to pull my steel frame trailer and ATV. I looked at every late model used small truck in my area and all the 4x4 Toyota's and Nisan's, even used, were in the 25k range without a cap. Three weeks ago I saw this little Ranger at a dealer and it had a Top-of-the-line Leer Cap, standard 5 speed, 6 cyl. 8.8" rear with heavy duty load package (rancho shocks) and (when I bought it) 7,700 actual miles. They were asking 18k and I thought about it for a minute or two...and bought it. (The cap alone was 1.5-1.7k). I is not the most comfortable truck, nor the most powerful truck but it seems dependable, simple to repair and fairly fuel efficient. It is perfect for my business and so far has performed well both on-road and off-road. I may add a locker to the rear for better off-road ability in the winter. I'll give an update after I get some more miles on the truck."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Ranger Super Cab near Honolulu. See local deals