2002 Ford Ranger Super Cab

Based on 1307 Ratings for the 2001 - 2011 models.

Best Truck Ever! 2nd one and hope I get 300,000.

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "All around little truck and dependable!!"

Cons: "N/A"

"Best little truck I have ever had!! My 1997 Ranger got me 300,000 miles and a friend still has her and she now has over 400,000 and still clicking. My friend calls her the little Cream Puff!!! Can not believe they are discontinuing this truck:("

running strong..........still

By on Sunday, February 05, 2012

Pros: "runns great"

Cons: "wind noise around doors"

"new fuel pump $650 after 135000 miles still going strong.... super chip programmer, gibson exhaust stage 2, air raid intake, truck is strong on performance mode, gets 18.6 avg on mixed driving on ex-stream fuel economy mode has done over 22 mpg on hwy trips"

solid work truck

By on Thursday, January 21, 2010

"I bought this truck a few years ago to use as a work truck for the occupation of forester. The reason I initially bought this truck is with other brands, in order to get a v6, skid plates and 4wd they required you to buy a high end trim level. The truck to date has logged 60 thousand miles and has only required regular maintenance. The truck is relatively cheap to run with a average mpg between 18-20 in mixed highway/ forest road driving. With a set of bfg all terrain tires the, truck delivers good fwd performance with the ability to climb steep dirt grades and break trail through a foot of snow. The XL trim works good for a work truck because of the vinyl seats and rubber floor does not get funky from riding in it with wet clothes/gear. On the downside the truck is not very refined, and has a tendency to bounce around when taking turns on a rough road. the cab is also a little small for a larger person, and with the regular cab and two passengers there is virtually no room for gear inside the cab. Overall the truck delivers what could be expected form a compact, and has proven to be a low cost, reliable vehicle to run. A few things which would be nice to see in future models is a slightly larger cab, more refined suspension, and a option for a small diesel engine."

Expectation

By on Sunday, December 27, 2009

"What more could you want from a small economical pickup (only city driving getting 22 minimum-25 mpg). Was going to buy the Tacoma 4 Cyl, previous vehicle was altima and it ran great. The ranger was reveiwed well by car and track and consumers reports with the edge going to the Tacoma, Howerver spoke with repair shops auto part counter workers and Read everything i could about these ford/mazda little trucks before i bought. In the end the ford was a better proven platform. BULLET PROOF and time proven and tested. 2.3L 5 spd 410 rear gears have PLENTY of power for this truck. Read the reviews from owners of Tacomas and rangers, too many Tacoma gripes. Ranger owners reviews sold this truck to me."

Can't Complian

By on Sunday, September 20, 2009

"I've had my Ranger FX4 for 5 years. I have had no major mechanical repairs. I have been overwhelmed on how well it handles and gets through snow. I live in the upper midwest where we have snow storms of over 20 inches and it trucked along right through ever bit of it with no problems. I recently got the fuel system flushed and was surprised at the added MPG. I have outgrown the space inside of it now and am going to be looking for a larger vehicle. When I was looking for a vehicle 5 years ago i would have never imagined that this little truck would do EVERYTHING i asked for it to do and come back for more. I would highly reccomend a vehicle like this for anyone looking for a small truck with alot a gitty up and go and also with the ability to haul just about anything city folk would want. I have made several 1400 mile plus trips in it and I can't complain about the ride of the truck how it gets up and goes on the interstate when you need it. It's always started even in -29 degree weather and ran like a champ. I guess thats part of the reason its built ford tough!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Ranger Super Cab near Honolulu. See local deals