1999 Ford Ranger Super Cab

8.2

Based on 743 Ratings for the 1998 - 2000 models.

Good all-around pickup

By on Wednesday, December 19, 2007

"I have a 1998 supercab 4x4 in xlt trim, with the 3 liter v-6 and 5 speed manual. I bought it with 49,000 miles in april 03', it now has 89,000 miles. Here is what I've experienced: -Averages 20 mpg overall. -If you have 4x4, get the 4.0 for better torque, especially if you're towing. -The front ball joints wore out by 80K, there are no grease fittings on them either. -Replaced alternator around 80K. -Factory exhaust is still in good shape. -Be careful how you engage the automatic hubs, or you can wreck them. "Read the owner's manual." -Paint is still very glossy, not a speck of rust anywhere. Alloy rims are pitted from road salt though. Overall, this has been a very good, tough truck. If you're going to buy a ranger, make sure you get the one that fits your needs. Get a 4x4 for sure if you live in the snowbelt. Stay away from earlier rangers with twin I-beam suspensions. The older 2.8L and 2.9L had problems as well."

Great bang for the buck!!

By on Saturday, March 15, 2008

"I've had my truck for about 4 years now, bought it used with 100,000 on it. It has never let me down, just regular maintinence, and now with gas prices the way they are, its great that its the flex fuel model and I can run e85 in it. only 2.50 a gallon rather than 3.69 for regular! still getting 24miles per gallon!! with a 4x4 that isnt underpowered at all thats pretty dang good!"

my 4th ranger in a row

By on Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pros: "great for outdoor sports support"

Cons: "really cheap carpet, windshields always crack"

"these are very useful vehicles overall. i can't believe ford is disc. them in the us. who will be the 1st co to bring a good small pickup to this mkt? That will probably be my next new vehicle."

GREAT

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage; sturdy truck"

Cons: "Small cab; not made for giants."

"I drove this truck for 10 years and put 140,000 miles on it. Great truck. Never had any engine or transmission issues. The only thing I had to replace are typical things that wear out over many miles (tires, alternator, suspension, timing belt, etc.) Ford makes great trucks."

The best vehicle I've had.

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

Pros: "They're tough and go forever."

Cons: "I didn't really not like anything about it."

"The entire time I had this vehicle, it was a well diversified truck. It was decent on fuel and could do a lot of work. It was tough and didn't take damage too easy. The Ranger had a good ride and it handled well too in all the elements. I always felt safe in it. It also had pretty good ground clearance for a smaller truck."

most durable and reliable vehicle in its class

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

Pros: "bulletproof reliability, easy to maintain"

Cons: "smaller inside than other mini pickups"

"This is my second Ranger and they have both been totally bulletproof. Have 175,000 miles on this one. The 3.0 V6 is unbreakable and continues to run strong. The ONLY issue it has ever had is the notoriously weak factory radiator with the plastic end caps. This is the only major component that has ever been replaced. Everything else is original except wear items of course. They might be a bit rattly and smaller inside but if you want a totally dependable vehicle this is definitely one to consider."

I owned for 12+yrs I love it. VERY RELIABLE

By on Friday, October 18, 2013

Pros: "great price plenty of bed room and good mpg"

Cons: "I have nothing bad to say about this truck"

"gotten 22+ mpg highway. 18mpg city. has 247k+ miles and starts right up EVERY time. I would buy another one in a heartbeat."

Great pick up when you don't push it's limits.

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

Pros: "Quality, value, convienient"

Cons: "small, mpg same as larger trucks, vacuum hubs"

"I bought this pick up (I use the term pick up because its just not quite tough enough to be called a truck) used with 90,000 miles. Since I bought it I've replaced the automatic vacuum hub system with manual lockers. In my opinion that is a must for this generation of Ranger due to the un-reliability of the stock system. I have replaced for the sake of preventative maintenance: clutch, main bearing, brakes, CV axles, rotors (front). I have bee very pleased with this pick up over all. I push a snow plow with it in the winter, hauled and pulled loads that should have been handled by a 3/4 ton or larger pick up and it keeps truckin like a boss The only real issue I've had with this pick up was in the winter time it was colder that -40 degrees for about 8 days in a row and one day the truck failed to start because of an aging fuel pump. I had to have it towed to a friends garage to thaw. In summary if you are looking for a small pick up this is a great option but remember it's not a full size truck and if you use it as such the poor little guy is going to complain."

100% Reliable

By on Monday, August 26, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, Great mpg, easy to work on, safe"

Cons: "Low power out of engine, no room in cab."

"I'm the second owner on the truck, vehicle has 275k+ miles and runs perfect. Basic oil changes, tires, plugs wires, coil, clutch, and front end are only repairs ever had to been done. 24 city 29 highway mpg. I love this truck. The only bad thing is the fact it's a single cab... There is no room, it is even small for a standard! I wish the vehicle had a little more power.. I am unable to park on a hill and leave in gear because the lack of compression. On the highway, the get up and go is terrible. At full speed takeoff, I am getting passed by others casual driving."

Reliable Pickup

By on Saturday, January 03, 2009

"Exceptional reliability. No significant problems over 10 years. Excellent drivability in snow and mud. This truck will get you off the mountain in blinding snow storm!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Ranger Super Cab near Honolulu. See local deals