• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

1999 Ford Ranger Super Cab

8.1

Based on 712 Ratings for the 1998 - 2000 models.

great vehicle

By on Saturday, August 16, 2014

Pros: "VERY reliable"

Cons: "headlights don't turn on & off with the engine"

"as far as I am concerned this vehicle is one of THE best fords EVER made. I only buy fords. over the years I have owned Windstar& Taurus. Keep them for a long time."

fine truck

By on Friday, August 08, 2014

Pros: "easy to work on"

"Its a FORD its a truck a fine truck it is ! Get yourself Ranger before they are gone. They don't make them anymore but here are many out there that needs some tender loving care. They are easy to work on under the shade tree and the parts are not expensive. So lets get together and save some of these fine Trucks. I have two now and looking for my third."

clean truck with good maintenance records

By on Saturday, August 02, 2014

"Shocks, Alignment, cams, rplc ball joint $880 rplc cam shaft synchronizer, rplc coil and plugs $860 rplc oxygen sensor $150 rplc intake manifold gaskets/plenum $685 new seat covers $200 rplc fuel pressure regulator, clean mas air sensor $200"

Bought from second owner

By on Sunday, July 27, 2014

Cons: "ugly 90s style grey interior"

"I like ford rangers. Im a huge ford fan, I really like the old ones. My grandpa has a 94 and its still running and its in good shape. it now has 200k. the v6 3.0 is a very very good engine. His truck has no rust because for galvanized the bodies on rangers until the early 2000s. I realized after I bought it that the owner didnt take care of it and my girlfriend told me after that she actually knows the last owner It has lots of dents and scratches and he towed a 25' boat which I found out after and also its now obvious why the tailgate is dented and the bumper is bent from jackknifing the trailer and the hitch coming off the ball. My truck is just starting to rust. I wish I didn't buy the truck because ive spent about $600 fixing it after I got ripped off by the last owner. It needs the front brakes and rotors, wheel bearings, all 4 tires, and ive done the rear breaks and e brake and undercoated the frame. my friend checked out the truck and he said the engine is mint but the trans is slipping and said not to carry anything heavy. I didnt notice these problems when i bought it. he only told me the ball joints were bad and I fixed them. I would buy another ranger but from a dealer."

A+ for reliability & versatility!

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "Great versatility! Hauled 48 40gal coolers"

Cons: "Weak bumbers"

"Pleased with tasks this p/u could perform. AC/Radio controls were easy to access. Take care of this vehicle & it will take care of you!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Ranger Super Cab near Honolulu. See local deals