• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

1998 Ford Ranger Super Cab

8.2

Based on 740 Ratings for the 1998 - 2000 models.

The best vehicle I've had.

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

Pros: "They're tough and go forever."

Cons: "I didn't really not like anything about it."

"The entire time I had this vehicle, it was a well diversified truck. It was decent on fuel and could do a lot of work. It was tough and didn't take damage too easy. The Ranger had a good ride and it handled well too in all the elements. I always felt safe in it. It also had pretty good ground clearance for a smaller truck."

GREAT

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage; sturdy truck"

Cons: "Small cab; not made for giants."

"I drove this truck for 10 years and put 140,000 miles on it. Great truck. Never had any engine or transmission issues. The only thing I had to replace are typical things that wear out over many miles (tires, alternator, suspension, timing belt, etc.) Ford makes great trucks."

I owned for 12+yrs I love it. VERY RELIABLE

By on Friday, October 18, 2013

Pros: "great price plenty of bed room and good mpg"

Cons: "I have nothing bad to say about this truck"

"gotten 22+ mpg highway. 18mpg city. has 247k+ miles and starts right up EVERY time. I would buy another one in a heartbeat."

Great pick up when you don't push it's limits.

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

Pros: "Quality, value, convienient"

Cons: "small, mpg same as larger trucks, vacuum hubs"

"I bought this pick up (I use the term pick up because its just not quite tough enough to be called a truck) used with 90,000 miles. Since I bought it I've replaced the automatic vacuum hub system with manual lockers. In my opinion that is a must for this generation of Ranger due to the un-reliability of the stock system. I have replaced for the sake of preventative maintenance: clutch, main bearing, brakes, CV axles, rotors (front). I have bee very pleased with this pick up over all. I push a snow plow with it in the winter, hauled and pulled loads that should have been handled by a 3/4 ton or larger pick up and it keeps truckin like a boss The only real issue I've had with this pick up was in the winter time it was colder that -40 degrees for about 8 days in a row and one day the truck failed to start because of an aging fuel pump. I had to have it towed to a friends garage to thaw. In summary if you are looking for a small pick up this is a great option but remember it's not a full size truck and if you use it as such the poor little guy is going to complain."

100% Reliable

By on Monday, August 26, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, Great mpg, easy to work on, safe"

Cons: "Low power out of engine, no room in cab."

"I'm the second owner on the truck, vehicle has 275k+ miles and runs perfect. Basic oil changes, tires, plugs wires, coil, clutch, and front end are only repairs ever had to been done. 24 city 29 highway mpg. I love this truck. The only bad thing is the fact it's a single cab... There is no room, it is even small for a standard! I wish the vehicle had a little more power.. I am unable to park on a hill and leave in gear because the lack of compression. On the highway, the get up and go is terrible. At full speed takeoff, I am getting passed by others casual driving."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Ranger Super Cab near Honolulu. See local deals