• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

1995 Ford Ranger Super Cab

8.4

Based on 628 Ratings for the 1993 - 1997 models.

Better MPG than original window sticker.

By on Sunday, October 07, 2012

Pros: "MPG, utility, maintenance costs"

Cons: "low seat position"

"No frills were originally installed on this truck - no A/C, no power windows/doors/seats and no cruise control. The seats are built lower than they should be but overall the truck is very comfortable. New tranny & clutch @ 285,000 miles. I *average* 25mpg & can get up to 30mpg highway. Very few rust spots despite 15 years living near salt air."

Great reliable truck..

By on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, 8 foot bed, low-cost maintenance, rel"

Cons: "poor cup holders, lack of room (small cab)"

"I've owned this since new and it has been a super light duty truck. I've had no major problems with this vehicle except normal maintenance you would do on a routine basis anyway. In 188k miles I've replaced the timing belt twice, the water pump, the thermostat,and the clutch once! The 2.3 five speed is adequate, however when the AC is on , the engine lacks power. I also tow a small trailer from time to time and it pulls fine. Overall I really love this truck and would buy another one any day of the week."

i love my ranger

By on Friday, November 22, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, good on gas, cheap"

Cons: "small inside and out, not a friend of heavy snow"

just got new tires and rims! had mustang rims/tires

"my first truck was my 2.3l 5speed manual 97 ford ranger. my grandpa got it for me i asked for a f150 but he told me "trust me boy you will thank me later" and yea i did. i now have a 79 f150 custom, 02 dodge durango,and of course my ranger. out of the three the ranger has been the most reliable and the most fun. i can put twenty bucks in the tank and drive to work and back all week plus i drive all over during the week just driving having fun. of course the truck had no get up and go being such a small motor but i started putting things like a $450 cold air intake and a aftermarket exhaust. i have found stock they are very reliable trucks not very stylish or comfortable but are easy to modify and very easy to work on, i have never had to take mine into the shop. great trucks!"

just got new tires and rims! had mustang rims/tires

Great little truck, already recommended it!

By on Monday, August 29, 2011

Pros: "small, efficient, great AC"

Cons: "no power/acceleration, transmission troubles eventually"

"This truck just keeps going doesn't it? The only problem I've had with it is transmission issues, and all fords are known for that. I absolutely love this truck because it's as a 4 cylinder it's not all about speed or acceleration, but getting the job done. Even with a bad transmission this thing STILL keeps on going! It's small, but that only makes it more valuable in those hard to reach places. Great truck, good mileage (I got like 22 mpg), low maintenence, and relatively cheap; a great deal!"

Great Truck

By on Sunday, May 18, 2008

"I bought my 96 Ranger in April 2008. The truck had 326,700 miles on it. I had to replace the timing belt, belt tensioner, and brakes, but the truck is worth it. I am getting 24 mpg city with this truck and I have no qualms about driving it anywhere. I would definitely recommend this vehicle to anyone. One suggestion I would make though is getting an extended cab though, not much room in the standard cab if you are over 6'. I have owned S-10 pickups and they do not come close to the quality of the Ranger, I am converted to the Ford now. Thanks Ford for making a great little truck."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Ranger Super Cab near Honolulu. See local deals