2011 Ford Ranger Regular Cab

Based on 1282 Ratings for the 2001 - 2011 models.

Why did Ford stop making these?

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pros: "Small work horse with good mileage and comfort."

Cons: "No built in GPS."

"I have owned Rangers for years and always ran them into the 200 thousand plus miles. I bought this one specifically for pulling a travel trailer and is works wonderful. No problem pulling 3<000 lbs through the mountains, get approximately 14-15 mpg pulling it and in low 23-24 not pulling. Where can I find another when this one is done?"

Best mid-size truck ever!

By on Monday, August 06, 2012

Pros: "Tough, reliable, and powerful for a V6."

Cons: "VERY small, arm rests are easily breakable and MPG"

"I can honestly say that I have taken this truck to the underworld (forgive my terrible substitution) and back. I put it through some of Michigan's toughest terrains and this little truck seems to conquer them with ease! I would recommend this truck to anyone because it's practical for almost any job and can be quite fun to go off-roading in. If you're looking for a tough, AMERICAN, light-duty truck, this is it!(It is quite the little gas hog though!)I've driven it hard for 250,000 miles and all I've had to do is basic maintenance. I will never buy anything but a Ford after owning this 4X4 Ranger Edge."

My favorite vehicle of all

By on Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pros: "beautiful vehicle, strong, reliable, value holding"

Cons: "pump brakes in Park when it has been raining"

"Safety in winter is prime factor in northern Minnesota and I am 70 and a chicken driver. This 2001 Ranger XLT 4WD 6-cylindar keeps me safe at all times, and still gets 12 in town and 18 on the highway, but I don't travel a lot--what I do is move, it seems, and when I do this vehicle allows me to do it all myself. I keep my furniture simple and all belongings are in 33 full-sized trunks. It is a simple matter, really, to empty each, transport the trunks, follow with it contents in cloth carry-bags tied at the top and refill at destination, often a storage bin. In this manner my Ranger has given me freedom, as well as being strong and completely reliable. Only thing a little difficult is that at 70 I am shrinking a little each year, and getting into this medium-sized pickup is becoming more challenging, an energetic leg-up each time now. But I don't mind. I love this vehicle! Bought it for cash, sight unseen on Craigslist on the way back from Alaska and the seller turned out to be a second cousin, but my banker almost had a heart attack. I wanted a Ranger: this was the only one that week in my area--late 2009. Tonight I find out on Kelley's Blue Book that it has only lost $500 value in 4 years. A friend stands ready to buy it. In fact, 3 friends do. It's very handsome, as well! Best for me, it is simple. Not over-digitized. If you get one, pump the brakes in Park when you start out if it's been out in the rain. Otherwise, they are too sharp at first. Five quick pumps takes care of that. We were always a Chevy family, but I think even Dad would have allowed this particular Ford truck into the garage."

Wish I could keep my Ranger

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pros: "roomy & comfy, beautiful & classicl, hauling stuff"

Cons: "turning radius, 2-wheel drive traction on snow/ice"

"Purchased used in 2005, my Ranger is about to turn over to 100k. I have the opportunity to get my Mother's car with only 35k, and even though I have to fold myself up to enter it (2008 Chevy Cobalt) I think that's the way I will have to go. But if I could afford to have my druthers, I would keep my Ranger, fix the minor body work, replace whatever needed replacing and keep it forever, I would. In spite of the rear wheel drive on snow issues, I always got around much better than people I know with little cars because of the Ranger's higher clearance; I just took it slow and easy and kept sand bags in a frame in the bed. I wish I wish I could keep it. In spite of the lousy turning radius. In spite of the AC currently not working -- probably just needs Freon, because I rarely used it anyway. Still, it's a beautiful vehicle, roomy --I'm 5'10" 165 and even when I was 90 pounds heavier it was roomy-- lined truck bed, Nice chrome not plastic fenders, beautiful rims. Sigh. I really, really don't want to sell."

great smal truck. Payload is super.

By on Saturday, June 01, 2013

Pros: "No problems for 130,000 miles"

Cons: "rear end whine, though never got worse"

"Great truck, though has had rear whine since new, never got worse 25 MPG handles great. Rear access behind seats (extended cab) is difficult. Payload is great, 1700 lbs, no problem at all. Put air shocks and premium brakes on it, run synthetic for all moving parts. Uses no oil. Wish I had 2 of them!"

My Chief Means of Transportation

By on Friday, March 22, 2013

Pros: "It is still dependable."

Cons: "Needs some mechanical work as well as cosmetic."

"Was bought used in 2004 with 42,000 miles on it. Just now has some mechanical problems. My main problem is front oil gasket and oil pan gasket repairs, naturally needs new tires, but other than this it gets me where I need to go. It is not pretty now, but fixable. I cannot complain for an old gal."

I love this Truck. . . may I please have another

By on Monday, December 17, 2012

"This was my first truck and it couldn't have been a better vehicle for me. Sure it has it's issues like needing tires frequently and moderately noisy on the highway but I couldn't have asked for a better truck to drive, work on, and rely on for the last 5 years. I've had issues with brakes but that is probably my own fault and the tires maybe a little as well. I put 100k miles on it and loved it. If you are looking for a truck for your son this is it. Especially if he enjoys doing his own work on it. (ie. brakes, oil, alternator, etc.)"

Very reliable, heavy duty

By on Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Pros: "Good for off roading"

Cons: "Uncomfortable poor quality seats."

"I bought the Ranger 4x4 new, knowing that I would have to use it for work and would take it off-road often. With that in mind, I only expected to keep it around 5 years. However, 11.5 years later it still runs great and I haven't had sufficient justification to sell it yet. The truck has required very little repair beyond general maintenance."

affordable truck for light use dependable relaible

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Pros: "price reliability ease of upkeep"

Cons: "bare bones features, performance, ride"

"these trucks are hard to beat the motors are reliable as well as solid bodies although there pretty bare bones as far as features the quality of parts they use are very good 260k miles and it still runs near to new im not a mechanic by any means but i replaced my clutch and manual transmission by myself with basic tools and a $75.00 transmission jack in under 8 hrs for $400.00 parts are plentiful and pretty cheap for these trucks"

Excellent Truck

By on Monday, April 30, 2012

Pros: "great price! Low mileage"

Cons: "n/a"

"It's a very reliable"

Reliable little truck

By on Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pros: "Reliability"

Cons: "Comfort, noise"

"I have owned this truck for about 3 years and have no issues with it. Very reliable little truck. I do wish I had purchased the extended cab because there is very little room in the cab."

Best Truck Ever! 2nd one and hope I get 300,000.

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "All around little truck and dependable!!"

Cons: "N/A"

"Best little truck I have ever had!! My 1997 Ranger got me 300,000 miles and a friend still has her and she now has over 400,000 and still clicking. My friend calls her the little Cream Puff!!! Can not believe they are discontinuing this truck:("

running strong..........still

By on Sunday, February 05, 2012

Pros: "runns great"

Cons: "wind noise around doors"

"new fuel pump $650 after 135000 miles still going strong.... super chip programmer, gibson exhaust stage 2, air raid intake, truck is strong on performance mode, gets 18.6 avg on mixed driving on ex-stream fuel economy mode has done over 22 mpg on hwy trips"

Great truck

By on Monday, January 30, 2012

I don't own this car

Pros: "They run forever with no beak downs"

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better"

"This is a great truck! I have driven 4 of these Ford Rangers at my job in stop and go driving for over 17 years. I've had 3 liters and 4 liters V6's. My first 3 trucks all went over 200,000 miles with absolutely no problems. They even had the original exhaust on them yet. I use the 4x4 almost every day going in and out of ditches and fields in snow and mud year around, they get their abuse. They all are on the road yet today. The Ranger I'm driving now is a 2009 with 86,000 miles, no problems yet."

Great truck

By on Saturday, September 04, 2010

"This truck is a tank. For the last 20 years I have driven Toyota untill my son bought 2001 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 from his aunt. He went to callege and left his truck home with me. I have a 2007 Toyota Tacoma and my Tacoma feels like it was made of toilet paper and saliva while his Ford Ranger was made of solid metal. I have parked my Tacoma and have been driving my son's Ford for the last four weeks. This trucks has 81500 miles and has never given us any problems. For those who think that only Toyota can make a small truck I highly recommend this monster little truck. Ford did not pay to say this but it is the truth. The Ford Ranger is a truck that it is worth the money you pay."

Perfect all around truck

By on Thursday, April 29, 2010

"I have had this truck since 2003. It has never let me down and it has never not been able to perform a task asked of it. The 4.0 engine has enough power to do anything asked. Other then the common rattle problem with this year engine the truck has been rock solid. I have taken care of the truck since day one so the rattle has never been an issue for me. It still drives tight and solid and for a truck it handles great. On the highway it is capable of 85+ mph without a problem for long periods of time as well as city driving being easy for the truck. It averages 20 mpg and can still pull a car trailer with a car no problem. I have never done anything to take the truck from stock and have only used factory from parts. If you find one of these in sound condition you cannot go wrong."

solid work truck

By on Thursday, January 21, 2010

"I bought this truck a few years ago to use as a work truck for the occupation of forester. The reason I initially bought this truck is with other brands, in order to get a v6, skid plates and 4wd they required you to buy a high end trim level. The truck to date has logged 60 thousand miles and has only required regular maintenance. The truck is relatively cheap to run with a average mpg between 18-20 in mixed highway/ forest road driving. With a set of bfg all terrain tires the, truck delivers good fwd performance with the ability to climb steep dirt grades and break trail through a foot of snow. The XL trim works good for a work truck because of the vinyl seats and rubber floor does not get funky from riding in it with wet clothes/gear. On the downside the truck is not very refined, and has a tendency to bounce around when taking turns on a rough road. the cab is also a little small for a larger person, and with the regular cab and two passengers there is virtually no room for gear inside the cab. Overall the truck delivers what could be expected form a compact, and has proven to be a low cost, reliable vehicle to run. A few things which would be nice to see in future models is a slightly larger cab, more refined suspension, and a option for a small diesel engine."

Expectation

By on Sunday, December 27, 2009

"What more could you want from a small economical pickup (only city driving getting 22 minimum-25 mpg). Was going to buy the Tacoma 4 Cyl, previous vehicle was altima and it ran great. The ranger was reveiwed well by car and track and consumers reports with the edge going to the Tacoma, Howerver spoke with repair shops auto part counter workers and Read everything i could about these ford/mazda little trucks before i bought. In the end the ford was a better proven platform. BULLET PROOF and time proven and tested. 2.3L 5 spd 410 rear gears have PLENTY of power for this truck. Read the reviews from owners of Tacomas and rangers, too many Tacoma gripes. Ranger owners reviews sold this truck to me."

Can't Complian

By on Sunday, September 20, 2009

"I've had my Ranger FX4 for 5 years. I have had no major mechanical repairs. I have been overwhelmed on how well it handles and gets through snow. I live in the upper midwest where we have snow storms of over 20 inches and it trucked along right through ever bit of it with no problems. I recently got the fuel system flushed and was surprised at the added MPG. I have outgrown the space inside of it now and am going to be looking for a larger vehicle. When I was looking for a vehicle 5 years ago i would have never imagined that this little truck would do EVERYTHING i asked for it to do and come back for more. I would highly reccomend a vehicle like this for anyone looking for a small truck with alot a gitty up and go and also with the ability to haul just about anything city folk would want. I have made several 1400 mile plus trips in it and I can't complain about the ride of the truck how it gets up and goes on the interstate when you need it. It's always started even in -29 degree weather and ran like a champ. I guess thats part of the reason its built ford tough!"

2003 Ranger excellent small pickup for light duty

By on Saturday, February 28, 2015

Pros: "Reliable affordable transportation."

Cons: "Location of heat control awkward with trans in 5th"

"I bought this truck 3 months ago in like new condition, only having 38,000 miles. It is minimalist, with few to no options and is exactly what I was looking for. 4 cylinder engine, 6 foot bed, manual trans, 2wd. Gas mileage is right at 30 mpg, measured with 75% highway and 25% city driving. Visibility is excellent. The AM FM radio gets great reception, and has surprisingly good sound quality. The truck will likely serve me well for at least the next 10 years."

Great Truck

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

"I have had this truck for two years now. It drives great, always starts, requires no maitenence, aside from oil changes and that type of thing, tows great, and goes through anything I throw at it. A very nice little truck."

darn good truck

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

Pros: "reliable"

"I have owned this vehicle since it was new.I haven't had anything go wrong. it's amazing to me that my husband owns a different brand pick up and he has even had to get a new tranny! I would recommend this pick up to anyone. it's not a type-o...it does have 58,000 miles. Just change the oil every 3,000 miles and you're good to go. It's for sale now and that makes me sad.I hope the next owner appreciates it as much as i do."

Great all around work/pleasure vehicle, economicle

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "Great mileage, good power, very durable, versatile"

Cons: "Room in cab is limited for longer trips."

"This little truck with the 4.0 engine has all the power you need for anything within reason. It will travel at freeway speed all day long and with the 5 speed manual trans it gets very good gas mileage. (up to 24 mpg) I use it quite a bit to pull a10' X 5' steel trailer with a Can Am Commander loaded on it. The commander weighs about 1350# and the trailer a good 1000# and I pull it up and down mountain grades out in Arizona. The mileage is the biggest attraction with the other nice advantage being ease of parking and manueverability."

More solid and better gas mileage than the import

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pros: "Solid, comfortable, pleasant to drive"

Cons: "fishtails on rough roads"

"I bought this ten years ago as a rebuilt wreck, after having three small import pickups. This little Ranger feels more solid and gets better gas mileage. It has been a good little rig and now has 220,000 miles. The only complaint is that like all pickup trucks, the back end is squirrely on rough roads. This one is worse than usual. It has lots of power if you keep the revs high, otherwise it ifeels sluggish."

third one, they never die

By on Monday, February 03, 2014

"Getting bored with them since they hardly redesigned in 15 years but they are tough, decent mileage and tow and haul capacity is good.Interior is bland and i wouldn't trust an automatic transmission again."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Ranger Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals